main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking through the database, I noticed something that would have been GREAT to see in ESB

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthSpartan, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSpartan

DarthSpartan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2003
    First off, I'm kinda new here, so if this has been discussed, I apologize.

Looking at the Darth Vader entry in the OS database, I noticed this excerpt:

"Returning to the Empire, Vader was formally reprimanded for his failure to stop the Rebels. He then continued his mission to find the Rebel base. His search took him to such worlds as Ultaar and Centares. He tortured a Rebel pilot that led him to discover the identity of the Death Star's killer, Luke Skywalker."

It would have taken place some time before ESB and gone against the idea of a SW movie's events taking place over a few days time, but can you imagine the scene where Vader learns that his son, which he thought was dead/never existed (depending on how Lucas leaves it in Episode 3), was the one that destroyed the Death Star??? He expresses great surprise at the name, the intensity of his questioning rises. We notice there is some connection between the two, but not sure what ti is. I think the "payoff" of Vader being Luke's father might have been greater.

Any thoughts?

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Yes, but it would have ruined the shock value of the revelation scene, which is what they were going for at the time.

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Fanfic authors aren't limited by such considerations, though. ;) Write it, man. I'd read that.

4. DarthSpartan

DarthSpartan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2003
    Hmmmm, I think I might. Thanks!

5. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I think that story was told in a comic book called "Vaders Quest".

6. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    I know it was in one of the comics - not sure if it was Vader's Quest, though.

7. 1701

1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    I agre that would make a grreat fanfic story. I wanted to buy vader's quest but I didn't like the artwork too much.

8. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "It would have taken place some time before ESB and gone against the idea of a SW movie's events taking place over a few days time"

If it happened before the events of ESB, then there's no problem, since a few years pass between ANH and ESB (not to mention the quick flight of the MF to Bespin coinciding with Luke's "How to be a Jedi in 21 steps" training. ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.