main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Looking to buy a lightsaber

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Fouts85, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fouts85

Fouts85 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2005
    Hello, I come to to asking to buy a working cheap lightsaber,
    My aunt is whining to me about a x-mas gift so I said why not ask her to buy it . But she wanted to find the cheapest one I liked... any links info or people you guys trust would be great

brad

2. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    www.parksabers.com (full complete sabers)

www.rlsasabers.com (shells that can be made into functional sabers g-style only)

3. XWingPilot_Rogue7

XWingPilot_Rogue7 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2005
    there's also http://masterreplicas.com/customer/starwars/starwars_product_list.php?cid=9?masterreplicas_ecommerce_PSID=4e73d3ff1bffba7642942a0dec34a83f

4. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    If you want one that is not-EL (auctally I think they make EL shells too)

www.randomsabers.com

5. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    Master Replicas are in Borders right now for about $119.99.
    I have personally broke about 5 of them. I like the way they light and sound...But they do Break. I use them for shows only. Now if you want to have a very durable one then go with parks. No sound but the are very tough.

6. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    Best Buy is selling the MR ones too (except Boarders has the Luke Skywalker exclusive one)

I know at the BB that I go to, they have one on display that you can play around with. Maybe investigate that... When I was there today, the blade looked really short.. but meh. I just may be used to my Parks blade.

7. sturmgewehr

sturmgewehr Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Must I remind everyone that this is a star wars society? We should encourage this one to build a saber. If you need help Fouts, pm me and I'll be glad to work with you. No doubt that parks makes beautiful sabers, but there is nothing like having one that you designed and built.

8. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    You are right. To truly appreciate your saber, think about making you own. But if you have the bucks, parks are good.

9. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Blah. If you've got the money and no time, buying is the way to go. No offense meant to anyone, but Parks still look far and away better than anything I've seen anyone build. I only built my first one so I could get admittance to the Rebel Legion. I don't even take it with me anywhere anymore. It looks alright, but I definitely prefer something with a blade. I especially like Parks because I'm just not in the mood to break my MR.

The Christmas season is coming up. Put it on your Christmas list as the one thing you would most love to have. I don't know how old you are, but that was always the way to get that one thing that you wanted soooo bad in my household.

10. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I'm still proud of my EL saber that I built nearly 3 years ago, but I don't carry it anymore, because I'm afraid I'll drop it and break it, since the emitter shroud is made of PVC. [face_blush]

So I carry my Parks Fusion, which just gets dents in the metal emitter shroud when I drop that one.
    :p

11. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    www.thecustomsabershop.com

This guy has kits you can build yourself or premade for really cheap.

12. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    That looks like an excellent site for a first saber!

I'll add that I became a little disillusioned when I made my first saber. I figured it would be a quick trip to the hardware store to pickup everything I needed. I had my list of parts needed, so I was set, right? Wrong. I got to the hardware store and started looking for parts and realized that I had no idea what most of the things I was looking for looked like. I had failed to print pictures of all the parts and I honestly didn't want to trouble one of the workers with walking all over the store getting the items I needed. So I had to go back home and print the pictures. Then the store ended up not having everything I needed so I had to go to another store. It probably took me several nights to get everything I needed.

Once I had everything and started putting it together, it occurred to me that I could've saved myself a lot of time if I'd just set some money aside and bought one prebuilt. I could've been doing other things while I was out hunting for parts and wasting gas. It also took about a week to put together and it wasn't even EL. I think I ended up spending the better part of a month building it.

I guess my point is that no one should be "encouraged" to go either way. If someone wants to buy one, then we should help by showing them all the places they can buy one. If they want to make one, same thing.

13. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I agree with Barry. I built my first prop saber and without Don and Lori, I would have been as bad off as Barry's experience. I own a couple sabers now so the next one I acquire I want to build myself. But it is nice having a solid dependable saber first.

14. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    i have to agree with everyone.

its great to build your own to your own specs, but then you dont want to take a chance on hurting it.

i love both my parks, but then everyone else can have the same one i have.

i think im going to get a MR just for choreography, simply because i wont be fighting at full impact and they look better and sound sweet as well.

finally my goal is to get my personal prototype made out of machined metal with EL. i would love to add sound as well, but since we cant get sound modules anymore and it is almost impossible to adapt a toy saber sound board and i dont want to canibalize a MR, i will have to do without.

15. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Using a Hasbro toy saber sound board isn't impossible, Don, people are doing it with their EL sabers, or converting toy sabers to hold simple LED blades, if you read through some of the lightsaber threads over in Costumes and Props fourm. I just need to figure out how to make one work.

16. KanaanVos

KanaanVos Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2005
    I have a Viper Defender Built by Lightech. It is really cool and has a brass emitter. Ask the guys that have seen it at the park what they think. (This is Nick by the way.) I just moved from Anaheim to Indiana this summer and don't get to use it for dueling anymore. It has a couple of minor dings from dueling. Brand new it was $275. I have two green EL blades for it. Parks, Lightech, and Lori's blades all work fine in it. My email is ntuck74@yahoo.com. Write if you are interested in a pic or making an offer.

17. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    Are you selling Nick?

Also, nice to hear from you again. I was sure you were dead or something cuz you dropped off the face of the earth after Episode III.

18. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Are you near any of the 4 fan forces in Indiana? I'm sure you could start some kind of dueling class with them.

19. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    wooooo nick is here! you have a pm sir

20. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    How come no quin avatar nick?

21. KanaanVos

KanaanVos Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2005
    Patience Young Kennobi, you must learn patience...

Is the avatar up?

I don't have time to get involved with anything other than work and City of Heroes right now lol.

22. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    ok, i got my luke green mr saber. right now at borders you can get the vader or the luke blue for $99 on thursday you can get the luke green for that price too. i convinced the manager to let me have the green last night for the same price. it aint gonna get any cheaper boys....go get'em if you have the cash to spare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.