main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looking to form Force Squadron

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Hey everyone!

Long time, no post for me :)

Before I get into this post, I'll quickly catch everyone up to speed on what I've been up to.

My fiance is self-publishing the first in a series of fantasy novels. Since spring I have been working to get her website live as well as some preliminary marketing. At this point, her manuscript has been submitted to iUniverse for publishing, and we're working on their suggested corrections as I type this. The fantasy series is a mixture of atmospheres from Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and 18th century naval warfare. We hope to have the book out by mid-winter. Anyone who would be interested in more information, can send me a quick PM.

So that's what I've been working on, but I haven't forgotten about the greatest CCG still made!

I've got some great ideas to promote and build a new player base of fresh blood. I would like this focus of these efforts to be right here at TFN, which puts us in contact with arguably the largest Star Wars fan community on the internet or off. My goal is to cater to new players who have little or no experience with the Star Wars CCG, but love Star Wars. I wish to create a gaming environment exclusively for these players in order to give them a nurturing environment.

What I want to make clear is that all my efforts in this direction are completely seperate and independent of the Player's Committee. This statement is not meant to indicate in any manner that I am acting maliciouslly or anything towards the PC. It is simply my intention to use my resources here at TFN to reach out to a part of the community that is not getting any attention. In the end, my efforts, combined with your help and the Player's Committee presence are all working towards the same end.

Having said all this, I am looking to form a squadron of volunteers who are passionate Star Wars fans and players of the Star Wars CCG. Your skill level means nothing, just your passion to get new players into this game.

If you are interested in joining this volunteer squadron, which will be called Force Squadron, please make a post in this thread. Members of this squadron must be active on the TFN boards and/or Fan Force. Members must be ready to promote this game within their local area as well as online at TFN and Fan Force (so you need to know how to play the Star Wars CCG). Together we will devise a demo-ing plan that will easily fit everyone's time. These are the only qualifications necessary.

To operate efficiently, Force Squadron will need to be in consistent contact with each other. For this reason I would like to suggest that we either form a yahoogroup or that members register at my website's forum, where I will create an invisible board just for Force Squad members. I prefer the latter since it eliminates any unwanted e-mail. Please make note of your preference when you post here.

To compensate everyone for their time, Force Squadron members will have an oppurtunity to earn foil cards and other Decipher product for their work and sucessful demo-ing/tournament activities.

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to working with everyone on this board, whether you are a part of Force Squadron or not! Everyone's presence on this board is welcome, and everyone should feel free to post comments, questions, or suggestions!

2. voth

voth Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2005
    I'd be interested in joining the volunteer squadron. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.