main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Looking to sell Star Wars stuff...Where do I start?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by jonnyvt28, Jul 13, 2015.

1. jonnyvt28

jonnyvt28 Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2015
    Howdy folks,

I am very poor college student who is looking to minimize my school debt as much as possible. I was at my parents house the other day and stumbled upon my old Star Wars stuff and it got me thinking: "I wonder if this stuff is worth anything"? I have toys, some collectibles and other random stuff. Most of the stuff is from the 90's.

So the question is how do I start the process of the selling this stuff? Any recommendations for websites that show the value of the items I possess? What are good websites to sell on (Ie ebay, etc.)?

I tried to search the web this info but I felt really lost. Any info would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks guys. May the Force be with you.

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Rebelscum may be able to help you the most, they have forums there as well. Other than that, I can't offer much advice as to where to go/what to do.
    Perhaps LAJ_FETT may have some input! :)

Skiara likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You could try the Rebelscum classified forums. We don't allow advertising/buying/selling here. As far as value goes, try searching eBay for recent closed auctions of the items you want to sell. That should give you an idea of what prices are like. If you are near a large city, and think you might have valuable stuff, you could try getting your collection valued by an auction house that deals with toys. (They will take a cut on any sales.). If you have a toy or collectibles fair near you, look into getting a table. (If you have a friend who wants to sell stuff as well you could divide the table cost between both of you).
    I recommend not putting your stuff up as a job lot on eBay - separate it out by film or character to interest more people. If you want to avoid eBay, remember that Amazon has a marketplace section.

Admiral Volshe, Skiara and Falcon like this.
  4. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Hi

Found this link for you, it shows value of vintage Star Wars collectibles if that's any good to you?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/A-Guide-to-Vintage-Star-Wars-Action-Figures-/10000000001068796/g.html

I would recommend ebay as a place to sell them but make sure you aren't going to regret it later on, the value of your stuff will go up as time goes on so you could get a lot more for them in decades to come, it's also good to have them to look back on and keep your fond memories of childhood! :)

Skiara likes this.
  5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    ^Best answers ever!

Sell wisely and good luck! [face_good_luck]

TrustyTrooper likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Facebook. Create an event page.

7. jonnyvt28

jonnyvt28 Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2015
    All great suggestions and so much needed directions....thanks for the feedback everyone!