main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

*** Lookit! An Update Thingy! ***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi Trace, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I love the updates! And thanks for the nod to USJS!

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Loved the update and the quotes. :)

I thought it was only Herman's fault during Trivia, though...

3. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade VIP star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Anything regarding the Archive is always Herman's fault. It's tradition. ;) At least, among Archive staff not actually named Herman. :p

4. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm pretty sure that everything that has gone wrong since the beginning of time is Herman's fault. I just can't prove it [face_thinking]

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    I've mathematically proven in a former life that it is, but now I'm an English major and the equation doesn't make sense to me.

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...an update thingy, an update thingy!!! [face_dancing]

Loved the fun on April Fools day! Thanks, you wonderful modders for all the wacky fun and butter flavor!

"Thread managers, we delegate responsibility to you. If you are a thread manager and are faced with users pimping stories, disputes between users, or pages of off-track socialization, you're allowed some discretion in getting things back on track. If things are really out of hand, or you're at a loss as to what to do, contact the mods."

I have been allowed some discretion???? :eek: :eek: :eek: And they say us thread managers don't get paid much...

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, the mods can be very good at leaving things to our discretion. Once, I had a nasty fight brewing in a thread and when I asked the mods if I should have them step in, they said "Well, you seem to be handling it well" and didn't get ban-happy about it. It was nice.

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I'll be sure to check in with you first, Ish, if I ever have to practice some discretion. Not sure how to go about it and I could always use your help. My problem lies in that I always want to smother everyone...mother! I meant mother everyone! [face_mischief]

9. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    You should see the mod salaries. My 401k is a thing of beauty.

Also, just so everyone knows, there's a (sort of) new admin team in charge of the boards!

Head Admin: ObiWan506
    Comms Admin: General Kenobi
    Tech Admin: LAJ_Fett

So, go bother them with questions. :p

10. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    corellian_ale was also smitten by DRL and so you?re stuck with some new chick...We blame Leona.

Heavens to Murgatroyd!

Leona never sent me some new chick! [face_frustrated] Maybe she was lost in the mail?

wait, that's not what that says at all...never mind.
    Awesome update Trace!

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I originally read that as "maybe she got lost in the mall" and was about to bristle in a feminista kind of way when I reread your post. :p Maybe she just escaped.

12. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Leona didn't want me to say anything, because she was really embarassed at her lack of skill, but...she had a little trouble wrapping herself into a box.

Don't worry. I have pictures of the attempt.

13. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 15, 1999
    Update: The new issue of [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/18446448/p33/]Anahiri: Sound and Silence[/link] has been added under "Around the Forum." :D

14. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    An update to the update. :p

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=28455686&brd=10304]The first of the 2008 Awards threads[/link] is up. Go check it out if you'd like to help make those things run!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.