main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Looks like Han Solo movie will be delayed 7 months

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by OldTimeFan, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palizinha

Palizinha Jedi Master star 1

Jul 12, 2015
    My summer SW movies are everything, I quite enjoyed having Rogue One and TFA during summer, so I'm glad we're keeping that. Makes the Christmas season more fun.

Not that "summer" and "winter" really mean anything here besides the time of the year and how much it rains, but still. I can avoid the sun for a couple hours and that's quite enough.

2. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    all of star wars will come out in December, I wonder if there is even something that can be made that can compete with it honestly.

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "Look, Jabba, even I get delayed sometimes."

Khaiden and Avnar like this.
  4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Wasn't IV supposed to be Christmas 1976?

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I agree, if this turns out to be true! I'll never believe them when they say MAY again! But I don't care really what month, doesn't make a big difference.. Just lil more waiting. Also when the article about Woody being cast it said it was speculated for release in 2018, not May 2018.

6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I enjoy the box office domination that SW is getting with Christmas releases, but IMO I still prefer summer release dates, for purely selfish reasons:

The weather is nicer (as opposed to driving to see SW in a snowstorm, like I did this year),
    I have more $ to spend on movies in the summer, since it's not also the holidays,
    It's much less crazy for me in the summer, schedule-wise. (No family visits to plan or Christmas parties to go to, etc.)
    And of course, it's what I experienced when seeing the PT while on summer vacations during my college years-the nostalgic factor.

Although I will admit there is something nice about being able to have a movie to look forward to later in the year-instead of just a big blowout of movies in the summer, and then nothing much for the rest of the year....

7. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    The weather is nicer, so you want to spend it in a cold, dark theater? ;)

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  8. JEDIMASTERSHONDELLS

JEDIMASTERSHONDELLS Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    I understand the business reasons for all the moves to December, but it just sucks when they say "New SW in May" and then move it - I want new SW the sooner the better dammit ;)

RokurGepta and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  9. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    if they do make a may release it should be on may the 4th

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Is May the 4th that big of a deal?? [face_dunno]

11. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002

This. I've seen TFA and (especially) Rogue One far less in the theatre than I would like to because I am dealing with blizzards left and right. I miss May Star Wars.

DARTH_BELO and Sarge like this.
  12. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Right there with you, my kind of scum!! I live in Colorado, where heavy snow is not too common, but when it happens it happens BIG.

I totally get that, but I'm really just referring to driving to and from the theater, wearing more comfortable summer clothes in the theater, instead of having to shove my coat underneath my seat and stuff, like others said. Also, when I go with friends it's fun to hang out in the movie theater parking lot afterwards – which no one wants to do in the winter because it's so cold. Plus it's kind of nice to see a movie in the summer, to cool off for a bit when it's really hot outside.

13. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Fair enough! I just feel the opposite (warm theater as a respite from the cold) and don't feel comfortable with having my bare skin touching what can sometimes be some disgusting seats. Plus, I just like to be outside in the summer. :)

Guidman and DARTH_BELO like this.
  14. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Having to sit in the theatre with your big ass jacket is no fun :(
    [​IMG]

15. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
  16. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I know Making Star Wars has been good with there sources in the past but how reliable is this website the article is posted on? And are they moving it so it doesn't compete with another Disney Film or are they behind schedule? they started filming January 31 2017 which is slightly ahead of Kathleen Kennedy's February supposed start date if only by a day. If this was being reported by that guy, Anthony Breznican from Entertainment Weekly I would totally believe it but I have my doubts the website looks sketchy.

17. Galaxik

Galaxik Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 26, 2016
    If they just started shooting, and I'm not confident on the filmmaking timeline, it would make sense for them to delay it. And also stop May release dates altogether, Disney wants to use those for Pixar and Marvel movies.

18. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

I've mentioned before what I actually hope will eventually happen is that they start making more than just one Star Wars movie a year. Marvel releases at least two movies every year. I wouldn't be surprised if Star Wars eventually started doing the same, and I know we all would love a SW film every six months instead of just one a year!!

19. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I want to get behind two a year. But Marvel's not a good example, IMO, as I think most Marvel films are crap. I fear two a year could cut into quality.

20. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    good delay it until its ready there is no need to rush any of these movies especially one with a character as beloved as han solo

21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It looks like a May release, after all. After switching to December with the last two films, and how they fared in that month with making over a Billion for each movie, this has me a little baffled. And I don't want to hear the make way for Avatar excuse.

There are many reasons why they should stay with one a year and in December, but I'll only list a few. One: Star Wars shouldn't become like all this Super Hero Shlock that comes out nowadays. It dimished the special feeling that SH films held for me, and I hope SW will stay away from doing that, too. Less is more, in many cases. Two: special effects are very important in SW, and in this day and age directors have the luxury to cheat a bit and like to avoid doing things that should be practical and take longer to do. One could almost call it lazy film directing, but I digress. I believe the Prequels suffer greatly from this. And I hope it's something that Disney won't allow to happen — John Carter is their prime example of why they shouldn't. Three: course correcting a film with re-shoots should always be a viable option, and it's something that could prove useful in case something in the previous SW film doesn't go well with the audience. Call it damage control, if you will. A full year to do this could prove very useful, indeed.

22. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    OldTimeFan likes this.
  23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If the movie is gonna be ready in May, well okay then.
    An experiment in two films a year.

There was an interview where is was said that the reason we having had another TRON movie is because it's safer to put Disney's money into Marvel and Star Wars. They know they'll make a good profit. Don't doubt Disney wants Moar Star Wars.

24. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

It says "Rumored". Until I hear differently from an Official Source, I call BS on this. [face_plain]

25. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    If the movie would move - which I doubt at this point as they mentioned the May date a short time ago after referrring just to 2018 prior to that - it would only be because of how successful Star Wars has been at the christmas date, not because of some trouble with finishing he movie. There is no "rushing" things for a May release-date. They wouldn't have put it at that date if they couldn't make it in time. They have enough experience by now to know how long it takes and could have adjusted the schedule accordingly.

Seeing how Lucasfilm and Cameron seem to make sure not to have their movies run into each other, and with Avatar 2 looking like it may actually make the December 2018 release date, I think it is unlikely that the Han Solo movie will move there.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.