Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies: Now Disc: Hare Conditioned (1945)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by TurboExtremist, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    How much are they edited?
  2. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Some history, from Wiki:

"Looney Tunes is a Warner Brothers animated cartoon series which ran in many movie theatres from 1930 to 1969. It preceded the Merrie Melodies series, and both are Warner Bros. Animation's first animated theatrical series and the second longest continuous animated series in any medium.[citation needed] The regular Warner Bros. animation cast also became known as the "Looney Tunes" (often misspelled, intentionally or not, as "Looney Toons").

The name Looney Tunes is a variation on Silly Symphonies, the name of Walt Disney's concurrent series of music-based cartoon shorts."

3. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    Daffy is pure anarchy. Bugs is the hipster. And always funny.
  4. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    i just watched the barber of seville
  5. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    I always enjoyed Marvin the Martian, especially the cartoon with the dehydrated alien bird things. I believe Marvin wanted to destroy Earth because it was blocking his view, and Bugs attempted to stop him.

Also that mad scientist one with the giant hairy thing chasing Bugs.
  6. TurboExtremist Force Ghost

star 2
    As far as I know, the Golden Collection is 100% uncensored, although some of the shorts are of the "Blue Ribbon" variety, meaning that the opening and closing titles have been altered from the original version (Most of the time, it makes no difference).

Go out right now and buy as many volumes as you can afford. It'll be the best money that you've ever spent, guaranteed! :D
  7. Shrapnel Jedi Knight

star 2
    Duck Dodger in the 24th century and a half is my favorite.

I have the first 3 boxes and they don't seem to be edited. Same old violent cartoons :cool:
  8. _HothWampa_ Jedi Master

star 4
    I totally remember that one!
    [image=http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/3b/280px-Gossamer.jpg]
  9. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    The one with the neon "Evil Scientist" sign above the castle? And the said Evil Scientist looks and talks like Peter Lorre?
  10. _HothWampa_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Correct! I remember that particular segment from the Bugs Bunny: Superstar documentary that I absolutely worshiped when I was a kid... it was narrated by Orson Welles if I remember correctly. I wouldn't mind watching it again to be quite honest...
  11. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Ask and ye shall receive, though my memory wasn't quite right on re the scientist--it's not Peter Lorre--Water, Water, Every Hare
  12. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    LOL! That was funny. Evil Tweety Bird FTW.[face_devil] :D
  13. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Yes, that was a good one. "Water, Water Every Hare" starts a bit slowly, but that manicurist bit is hysterical.
  14. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, especially the part where he puts dynamite in the monster's hair.
  15. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    My favourite character is Wile E. Coyote. I always feel sorry for him because he always ends up at the wrong end of his experiments... :p
  16. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    I love the Wile E. Coyote v. Bugs Bunny ones, where Wile E. has a posh Brit accent and towering self-esteem. ("I'm such a genius!)
  17. Yodas-evil-twin2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Acme products have a 100% success rate. Do not believe the anti-Acme propaganda pieces involving that stupid coyote.
  18. _HothWampa_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Haha memory didn't serve me quite well either... this was the scientist I was picturing:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/sunnyday04/evildoctor0002.jpg]

Wrong Looney Tunes episode! But, it was fun to rewatch regardless.... I love me some Rudolph!
  19. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
  20. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
  21. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    LOL! That was funny. The Coyte may have towering self-esteem, but Daffy Duck has an ego the size of a planet.
  22. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    It's so weird, Wile E. Coyote speaking... :p I like him better when he's mute, communicating only through facial expressions.
  23. severian28 Force Ghost

star 5
    W.E. Coyote is my favorite and I believe, if I remember correctly, that his introductory vinginette where Bugs is his quarry is his only speaking role, although I could be wrong. Also, try to find the one where Bugs is launched like a missile into WW2 Germany and lands onto a meticulous and very unnerving animation of Hitler giving his Triumph Of The Will speech ( an actual verse of the speech is being vocalized ). These cartoons were obviously never meant for even young teens, never mind the millions of five year olds like myself who were plopped in front of them on Saturday mornings in the 1970's.
  24. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah. That or little signs.
  25. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    I *love* the talking Wile E...when he tells the female coyote "You're so lucky!" it's hilarious; and Bugs' ultra-dry reaction to his ego is very funny.