Lit Loosing Connection to the Force

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediKnight75, Feb 9, 2014.

1. JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I heard that getting his connection to the force cut played a roll in Ulic Qel-droma leaving the Dark Side. Is this true? If so, how did it help?
  2. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    This is true. I guess it helped because he was severed from the dark side right after he'd killed his brother, so two terrible losses at the same time jarred him back to reality and make him realize he'd done terrible things that he now had to atone for.
  3. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Also, one of the reasons why Ulic went to the dark side was because he was infected with a Sith poison... once he showed even a little anger, the Sith poison fed off and multiplied it. Cutting him off from the Force finally freed Ulic from the influence of the Sith poison too, I'd bet.
    Dawud786 and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    So glad Sith poison isn't commonly used in many EU stories. That would be so easy to just turn characters evil. In the instance of Ulic it makes it a bit more tragic because its like a drug induced effect rather than 100% free will.
    DarthJenari, Ghost and Revanfan1 like this.
  5. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5
    Don't folks think that's how the dark side operates anyway?
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5

Yeah like just about all stuff from Anderson and Veitch stories it should come with a big "don't!" sticker to warn authors from mentioning or using the stuff again. ;)
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  7. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Didn't the Son use Sith poison against Ahsoka?
    Starkeiller likes this.
  8. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    Only if the venom in his teeth is Sith poison. [face_sick]
  9. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Well I thought the sith poison just skipped the choice part and got Ulic already over there. Or maybe I'm wrong. Either way, Sith poison should never be used again.
  10. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    I have no doubt that Sith poison was used on Jacen in between TUF and TJK.
  11. tjace Force Ghost

star 4
    You guys, obviously there was Sith poison in the Embrace of Pain Vergere used on Jacen.
    purplerain likes this.
  12. DarthJenari Force Ghost

star 4

Agreed. While I liked it, as once makes for a good story, it could very easily become old and stale if authors started using it all the time.

Don't be silly. Clearly it was a cloning experiment. After all those kidnapping attempts on him and his siblings as a child, one finally succeeded after TUF, and he was captured. A cloned sleeper agent was then sent back. The real Jacen Solo's in the Unknown Regions, in stasis, awaiting rescue.
    Last edited by DarthJenari, Feb 15, 2014
  13. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah Caedus came from that cloning facility near Fhost.
  14. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    No. Its not a clone of Jacen Solo, its his long lost twin Jason Solo.
  15. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5
    Triplet in this case, I suppose.
  16. Sannom Jedi Master

star 1
    He was severed from the Force right after he killed his brother, and that traumatized him. When he lost his connection to the Force right after that, he was so broken that he just left and disappeared. He was able to meditate on his loss and his actions after that.

That stuff looked a lot more potent than anything that was fed to Ulic though.