main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lor San Tekka and the Lost City of Astara

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediDingo, Dec 20, 2015.

1. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Title: Lor San Tekka and the Lost City of Astara
    Timeframe: Pre-Clone Wars
    Characters: Various
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Summary: Remember Max Von Sydow's character in The Force Awakens. Yeah, this is about him. Indiana Jones style story.
    Notes:

Prologue

Do you hear this guy?”

Luke Skywalker didn’t hear the question. He was lost in painting his model T-16 Skyhopper.

“Wormie.” His friend Biggs called him that ever since he could remember. Luke heard that but chose to ignore it. Finally, Biggs shoved his shoulder. “I asked if you could hear this guy?”

Luke broke his gaze and turned towards his best friend of ten years. Biggs was a year older than him, making him seventeen and close to joining the Imperial Academy.

“What’s he saying?” Luke asked, glancing over Bigg’s shoulder. Sitting in a booth a couple feet away an Abednedo sat surrounded by several other beings from across the galaxy and had somehow ended up here at Tosche Station.

“He’s telling a story about Lor San Tekka.” Biggs grinned. Luke’s head snapped up immediately.

“Tekka? Like the Lor San Tekka?”

“The soldier of fortune himself.” Biggs replied.

Luke frowned, “What’s he saying?”

“Something about the Lost City of Astara.”

Luke immediately jumped to his feet and rushed over to the gathering crowd. Biggs laughed and followed. He laid his hand on Luke’s shoulder as he tried to find a good spot to hear the story.

“You know this guy is probably full of poodoo, right?” Biggs whispered.

“You don’t know that for sure. “

Luke got into a booth closer to the Abednedo, and strained to peer over the dozen of people gathered around him.

“You’re making this up,” one Twi’lek said in Huttese.

“I am not,” the alien said. He had a slight grin on his face, but there was something about him that made Luke what to believe him.

“You were apart of Tekka’s crew?” A human female asked.

The Abednedo shook his head and took a sip of Bantha milk. “No, I was apart of Kingston Krome’s crew. We hired him out.”

“I heard it was Chancellor Valorum who requested his help in finding Astara.” An Ithorian mumbled.

The Abednedo laughed quietly to himself. “No, no. It was Krome.”

“Seriously, the Lost City of Stara? Next thing you know he’ll be telling stories about that old wizard in the Judland Wastes!” A Rodian said and angrily walked away. Luke frowned and watched the green skinned alien walk away. His loss. Luke eagerly turned back to the Abednedo.

“What was he like?” Luke asked. Everyone turned towards him. “Lor San Tekka, what is he like?”

The Abednedo smiled once again, “Everything you’ve heard and thought he might be. When I came to him, he was just building that reputation…”

2. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Interesting beginning. I like that Luke is willing to believe while Biggs is skeptical. :) Well done. =D=

Findswoman likes this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    You can't possibly leave us like this. I feel guilty for not having immediately encouraged you back in December, but I hope it's not too late to do so now.

I understand that the story will deal with a very young Lor, maybe as hot-headed as Luke and Biggs are as teenagers two years before Yavin, and therefore, I'm even more curious to see how you're going to explore two, possibly three eras at the same time, as you're inventing young Luke and Biggs as the witnesses of this story in the OT era, Lor as the protagonist in the PT era and all of this is probably going to tie in with the old Lor on Jakku and the Church of Force somehow. On top of it, the whole "lost cities" analogy makes me wonder if Lor will have something in common with Dr. Aphra or even meet her, given that she's a rogue archaeologist. :)

Findswoman likes this.
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, don't leave us hanging! :D I really was intrigued by this character when I saw the film, and it looks like you're getting ready to show him to us in his younger days, as an all-out treasure hunter? That is a very cool concept that I would love to see explored and continued, so please do! :D

Ewok Poet likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm intrigued .

6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Great start! keep going. I am intrigued by this Soldier of Fortune...

Ewok Poet likes this.