Lord Darth Vader's pre & post-op guestbook

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by Sac-Town-Knight, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 13, 2001
    star 1
    After hearing the story about LDV's slam dance with the Bi-Polar Pycho Boy, I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated thread that would serve as a kinda get well "card" after his surgery. Also, a place to ask questions like when, where, what, ect (surgery details). Perhaps after surgery, you (LDV) could let us know whatz up. You know that you're gonna be layed up in bed with your fingers glued to the keyboard anyway, right?
  2. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 10, 1999
    star 5
    Great idea! LDV, tell us all the details. When exactly is the surgery and when will you make it back in front of the computer again?

  3. bright sith Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Aug 27, 1999
    star 5
    Yeah, keep us updated.
  4. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2001
    star 5
    LOL thanks S-T-K! Wow. Well, as of this date. The surgery, which was scheduled for Feb 1st, has been pushed back even further. The reason being is the nature of the surgery There will be 3 surgeons performing on me. The surgery consists of (WARNING! For those with weak stmachs may want to skip to the next paragraph), making a small incision in my lower back, moving to my inside left, and removing a bone, one of the surgeons will use later. Then, I will be stitched up temporary, and turned over onto my back. Then, (from what I am told) one of the best vascular surgeons, who performs organ transplants will make an incision just below my belly button, and then proceed to move my intestines, spleen, delicate blood vessels over to reveal my back area, consisting of the bones, disks and vertebra's. Then, with everything moved aside, the back surgeon will come in and remove 95% of the injured disks, leaving 5% to work as a "hinge" while they get everthing else ready. He will then use cadaver bones, (shaped like little donuts), and slide them into position where the disks were. Then he will take the piece of bone, he removed from my back, and slide it through the top of the vert's through the cadaver bones, to make sure everything stays together. Then the neurosurgeon will come in and root out the tunnels where the nerves run, making sure there is no scar tissue rubbing the nerves. Then, when this is over, they will stitch me up, and turn me over again on to my stomach. There they will re-open my back and place four titanium screws, two above and two below, the injured area, and finally slidding two titanium rods through the screw "eye holes" connecting the screws. This will act as a secure cage protecting the injured area. The surgery lasts anywhere from 6-10 hours. Then they will stitch me up for good, and let me heal. The recuperation time will be 9-12 months. Its called the Super Bowl of back surgeries. ;) But, like I said, the surgery has been postponed right now. And if you think you're cwoozy from reading this, you should have been with me in the room, while the Dr was explaining it to me. [face_shocked]

    Due to the delicacy of the surgery, and the movement of certain parts in my body, there are certain risks taken. One is the fact that some of the blood vessels that will be moved, are reproductive vessels. Well, I really don't have to tell you what will happen if those are damaged. If something does happen, I will still be able to "perform," but I will just be shooting "blanks." Well, I have no children at the moment, but I am looking forward to having them someday. So, steps have to be taken before surgery to insure I can have my own kids some day. I have to ummm visit a certain "bank" before surgery. ;) And as of right now, its being hashed out by the insurance company and my people.

    So the surgeons office told me, it will be pushed back to March sometime, so I will be there for our next meeting!!!! YEAH!!!!

    And I will be sure to tell you all when and where it will be taking place. Thanks for the concern everyone. Makes me feel good. :)

  5. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 10, 1999
    star 5
    "...use cadaver bones..." Cooooool.

    :)

    I'm glad you can attend our Feb meeting, but I'm sorry you have to have this hanging over you until March now. At least you get to have a little fun in the meantime.
  6. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2001
    star 5
    Thanks Auntie ;)

    Yep Dim bones, dim bones. [face_laugh]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.