main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lord Mauly Mall decision

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Carter-TFN, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    What good will that do? It's not as if the advisory council has any real, honest to God power around here.

JMA

2. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

What is wrong with continuing this debate in full view of those who have an interest in it? You continue to ignore the facts, and you continue to ignore my question. I am a regular user here, and I have a question that I want answered.

How dare you, yet again, try to shove this under the rug and ignore our concerns.

And the silence of every other moderator and administrator (with GS being the lone exception) speaks volumes.

EDIT -- My apologies. Max Veers also weighed in with a sentence.

AYBABTU?

3. Aurra_Sting

Aurra_Sting Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Even if the AC did have some influence, wouldn't that just mean another 3-month-long volley between the AC and the mods while LMM is free to post whatever the hell he wants?

4. Cetera

Cetera Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2000
    Yep, Aurra_Sting, it would. Which is why we are having the debate here, out in the open, where it should be.

And Carter really isn't helping anything much. We aren't going away, this issue hasn't been resolved, and we aren't going to take it somewhere where we can't be involved. This concerns us, it should concern all the admins/mods/Leadership council, and we won't be shoved aside by Carter. The more he posts, the more it looks like he is trying his best to get LMM off the hook, or our attention away from the real issues. This, also, in my view is unacceptable admin behavior.

EDIT: typos

5. Carter-TFN

Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2001
    What is wrong with continuing this debate in full view of those who have an interest in it? You continue to ignore the facts, and you continue to ignore my question. I am a regular user here, and I have a question
    that I want answered.

Start a separate thread topic.

How dare you, yet again, try to shove this under the rug and ignore our concerns.

Aren't we getting a little arrogant and demanding? Speak with some resolve as a member of the Advisory Council representing the best interests of the JC posters with the same respect I've afforded you.

And the silence of every other moderator and administrator (with GS being the lone exception) speaks volumes.

I was hoping some of the other admins would post replies. To my knowledge thus far, every JC manager/mod has agreed to the Leadership Council decision.

Cetera, if I was really trying to get LMM off the hook, I don't think he'd be banned and temporarily demoted.

6. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

The same respect you've afforded me? Do you mean how you've persistently written off anything I've said because of some perceived "presonal bias" you think I have?

If this entire affair wasn't such an egregious trampling of common principles of decency, it would literally be the most hilarious thing that has ever happened at the JC. Carter, your every response is a caricature of all the things that so many have said is wrong with the Administration for so long.

AYBABTU?

7. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    ''We want an answer as to why his general disdain and disrespect for the community was left unaddressed. ''

As I understand it LMM was banned for 2 days and demoted for a week.

A normal user would recieve a warning. I think he has been punished for:

i) the spam
    ii) his disdain and disrespect {of which the spam was a large part}

I'm sorry, I'd love to stand up and fight with you on this Darth_AYBABTU but for once I really agree with the administration on this. {I can't believe I just typed that}.

What is it you are wishing for? If LMM were permanantly banned or demoted for the reasons you state then so would the vast majority of both posters and mods, asuming consistency. And if there was no consistency then we'd be back to the bad old days of the tonyf banning again. [face_plain]

8. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    Then why are you coninually trying to foist us off in another direction? I don't think things were handled appropriately. I, along with many others, are posting our disagreements. And you keep telling us that it should be handled elsewhere, that we have personal biases, that is was handled, and on and on and on.

Cetera, if I was really trying to get LMM off the hook, I don't think he'd be banned and temporarily demoted.

Well, we can't really tell, can we? We don't have access to the modsquad threads, or any discussion about this that may have taken place there. We don't know what your stance was with his punishment, and we don't know what was discussed. We don't know if a more serious punishment was discussed, and we don't know how anyone thought about the whole thing. I think that if you were trying to get him off the hook, he very well may still have had exactly this happen to him.

But we'll never know. And that is why we are having this discussion in the open, for all to see. We disagree with the way things have been dealt with, with the way LMM originally behaved, and with the way it seems to be being handled at this very moment by the admins (mostly you, since you are the only one actually showing up). We think this is important enough to post here about it, and we want it taken seriously.

9. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    The same respect you've afforded me? Do you mean how you've presistently written off anything I've said because of some perceived "presonal bias" I have?

I haven't written you off. I'm asking you to present your case in a new relevant thread and to the Advisory Council.

If this entire affair wasn't such an egregious trampling of common principles of decency, it would literally be the most hilarious thing that has ever happened at the JC.

I agree with you, this is the most hilarious/ridiculous drama inciting affair resulting from the attitude of a JC moderator and a few spam posts. I'm wasting precious brain cells on spam. ;)

10. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

I appreciate your point of view, toochilled, but I take issue with the notion that he has been punished based on his poor representation of the Administration, beyond the slight spamming. Carter has indicated on multiple occasions in this very thread that his attitude played no role in the determination of punishment, beyond its relation to the 5 spam posts.

And again, Carter writes it all off as "drama-inciting." And I will not take this to the AC. This should be handled here.

AYBABTU?

11. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    "And I will not take this to the AC. This should be handled here."

As a representative of the advisory council, you are not acting in the best interests of the JC posters. And I've also indicated that you can start a completely new and relevant thread in comm.

12. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    On the contrary, Carter. I believe he is acting in the best interest of the regular posters, and you, in fact, are not.

EDIT:

This doesn't need another thread. This is about the decision that was reached, and how we disagree with it, and the handling of the entire situation. It belongs in this thread.

13. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

How am I not acting in the best interests of the JC by calling out poor practices by the Administration? This isn't some proposed policy move where the Administration is seeking counsel. This is an issue that effects numerous people, and I refuse to exclude them from the discussion in a private forum so you can save face. Stop dodging this and respond to our concerns.

AYBABTU?

14. Just_A_Slacker

Just_A_Slacker Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    Why isn't he acting in our best interests? Because he isn't toeing the party line and letting you sweep this thing under a rug?

Going back to my question from before: Why haven't you dealt with the original problem?

15. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    Cetera, that is AYBABTU's responsibility and job as AC representative. If AYBABTU is not deciding to take this to the AC, he's not representing the JC posters based on the decision handed down by the Leadership Council for which this is entirely appropriate.

I've acted in the best interests of the JC posters and the administration by agreeing to the judgment of the two day ban and one week temporary demotion for the spam.

16. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

[face_laugh]

Here we go again. Another effort by Carter to discredit me and my position. I think, I hope, that reasonable people who are participating in this understand my motivation to keep this discussion where it belongs.

Clearly, Carter is ill-aware of the purpose of the Advisory Council. And he's getting more "advising" in this thread than he seems able to handle, anyway.

AYBABTU?

17. Aurra_Sting

Aurra_Sting Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Just_A_Slacker and Cetera, I think your posts would be more noticed if you posted this with all your comments:

[image=http://www.euts.org/userpics/madrox.jpg]

18. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    With all due respect, Carter, I think that part of this problem is you. I don't think it's necessary to talk down to members. It's not difficult to tell what kind of persona you project here. Your calling AYBABTU arrogant is actually pretty hypocritical. From what I've seen, most of your comments in this thread have been in a stuck-up, condescending tone and if you want to have my respect (I will not speak on anyone's behalf), I suggest you lighten up just a bit. It's disheartening to see a TFN-staffer act as you have today.

And for the record, I have nothing against LMM, as I find him to be a great guy, but I'm still shocked to see disciplinary actions haven't changed one bit. [face_plain]

GO 'CLONES!

19. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    Carter,

No it isn't. He isn't advising anything right now. That is what the advising council is for, isn't it? To advise the admins on future policy decisions? And is this a future policy decision? No, it is not. Thank you, logic!

AYBABTU is acting in the best interest of the regular posters. This is something that concerns all of them, and it needs to be dealt with, pronto. How many times do we have to keep pointing that out?

And if you were really working for the best interests of the posters, you would have pushed for something to be done about all the problems that wasn't spam. LMM did a lot more than just spam my thread, which has also been pointed out more than 5 times. Come on here. Wake up and smell the coffee, live in the now, and all that.

It isn't difficult. This isn't a matter for the AC. It is a matter that needs to be dealt with in public, and yes, it concerns everyone on the board. You, Carter, I believe are acting in such a manner to CYA. We are pointing out legitimate concerns, and you continually try to side track us, get us off topic, or send us elsewhere. It better quit now, buddy.

20. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    Here we go again. Another effort by Carter to discredit me and my position.

On the contrary, I'm acknowledging your importance as an advisory council member, to represent the best interests of the JC posters in light of the Leadership Council decision.

21. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    He is acting in the best interests. How many members have to say that repeadetly before you get it? How many times must we repeat ourselves? Why can't you figure this out?

22. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Just as an FYI, I am still researching this entire situation. Not that I myself am all that important, I just wanted to drop a note in here to show that there are more mods involved than just those who have responded. I'll be responding as soon as I feel I have an adequate handle on the situation.

Vertical

23. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    Please make it fast, Vertical. IMHO, Carter is rapidly undermining any appearances of fair play, respect, and intelligence that any admins may have.

24. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    I'll do my best, but I'm headed to lunch in about 15 minutes... :)

Vertical

25. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    Carter suggested starting a new thread to deal with why his attitude wasn't handled in the punishment decision. i just started that thread. let's play by his rules, so he can't accuse us of of breaking them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.