main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lord of Darkness (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ibis, Jan 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    And still we don't know who the Lord is!

Nice post. I can't wait until Sat.

~Swede :p

2. Ibis

Ibis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2000
    Sorry guys, I won't be able to post for a while. One of my teachers decided to give us two big papers due within three weeks of each other. I'll try to post when I can, but it doesn't look good until April. :(

3. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Teachers can be so cruel. Hey, maybe you could write a post for one of them? Kidding. Get it up when ever you can. I'll be waiting.

~Swede :)

4. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Upping this in hope that maybe something will magically appear before April.

5. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Bring this up from the depths of the boards.

6. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
  7. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    I won't let another thread I like reading die, so UP!

8. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    thats it i'm going to start a mob! who's going to join me?

9. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    lets see, hmmmm, i know i'll stalk Ibis, that'll get her attention.

Edit: scracht that idea.

10. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    ohhhhh, i can't stalk her because she's not here. i can't organize a mob when no one is posting to help. errrr. o welll i'll do it on my own. [face_plain]

lets see now..............

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    actually Jacen, I'm still here. We can borrow some of the rabid vampire (sith in training) hamsters from SwedishJedi's threads if it will help :)

12. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    ahhhh, that sounds like a fantasic idea. lets get to work shall we.

13. Ibis

Aug 1, 2000
    Okay, I've finally got all my projects and major test done. I'll start writing the next post right now and have it up before Friday. :)

14. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    do you want me to fight darth real life for you so you can get that post ready?

15. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Yeah! You're back! And see, you made me de-lurk from all my finals to post on here real quick. [face_mischief] Good thing too since Kitara and Jacen were going to bring in Sith hamsters. Though I wouldn't have minded. That would mean less for me. Can't wait for the next post.

~Swede :)

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Just found this story and I must say how wonderful it is. I love the imagination put into it, especially the idea of the cape being a manifestation of the Living Force.

Good to know those papers are completed!! I'll be back later to look for another post!

17. Ibis

Aug 1, 2000
    Okay, here it is a little early. Enjoy!

As the three visitors began to make themselves at home in their new surroundings, they realized that it was larger than they expected. While thy spent all of their time on the catwalks, the catwalks themselves had two stories, one which was a maze of walkway and another that was above it and consisted of three large platforms. Vera vaguely explained that the three platforms were used to sleep or train on and that they were welcome to them. After she showed them were the supplies were kept, she disappeared into the dimly lit catwalks and the three were left alone to do as they pleased.

The three visitors sat together as they helped themselves to some food. Nicholas sighed quietly, ?I guess there is no hope for our world after all.?

?You should not give up,? Qui-Gon said, ?there must be some way to defeat the Lord.?

?Yes there a way,? Nichola responded, ?but she doesn?t want to help us.?

?This Vera is very different from the one in our time,? Obi-Wan noted quietly. ?It?s hard to believe that it?s even her.?

?She didn?t used to be this way,? Nichola explained. ?She used to be cheerful and optimistic, but after Obi-Wan was lost the spark she had seemed to die, or at least that?s what Qui-Gon once told me.?

?Did the Qui-Gon of this time know a lot about her?? Obi-Wan asked.

?Apparently he did, he would talk about her quite often, about as much as he did Obi-Wan.?

?Interesting,? Qui-Gon said quietly.
    --------------------

For the next week the Jedi and Nichola remained in the darkened library. Now that they had a safe place to stay and food to eat, Qui-Gon went by a schedule that was similar to one that he and Obi-Wan would have had had they been back at the Temple. Qui-Gon made sure that Obi-Wan meditated as usual, and they used the upper platforms to spar with each other.

During that time, Vera was almost never to be seen; however, the Jedi were sometimes aware that someone was watching them and figured it to be her. None of the three visitors enjoyed being watched and not being able to tell where their host was, but there was little they could do about it, and Vera preferred not to be seen. Seeing the two after so long had brought old forgotten memories back to her; some of which were good, and others that nearly drove her to tears whenever she thought of them. She also suffered the problem of not knowing how to act around them, which years of isolation had caused. So she was content just to watch from a distance and wonder what the future might have been like had the Lord not arrived.

As the days went by the supplies lessened until finally there were only enough for one more day. Nichola attempted to find Vera and ask her what should be done about it, but she wasn?t to be found, and after two hours of searching the catwalks Nichola simply gave up.

?Vera must be out,? Nichola informed the Jedi. ?She only leaves this place near sunset or at night because she can?t stand bright sunlight.?

?When do you think she?ll be back,? Obi-Wan asked.

?I don?t know. It could be later tonight or it could be a few days or more,? Nichola answered. ?Since up until a week ago, she was the only one who used her supplies, I don?t think she realized they would be gone so soon.?

?That presents us with a problem,? Qui-Gon said, thinking.

?I know,? Nichola responded. ?It leaves us with two choices, either we can wait for her to come back and maybe she?ll bring something with her or she can show us where she usually goes for supplies, or we can go out now before it gets to dark and find some ourselves.?

?I don?t like the idea of having only a day?s worth of food left.? Obi-Wan said.

?Nor, do I,? Qui-Gon agreed. ?Especially if we don?t know when Vera is coming back.?

?Alright then,? Nichola said, ?let?s go.?
    ---------------------

The Lord was in his chamber watching the first sun as it just began to set. He was bored, extremely board. Now that there wasn?t anyone left to kill on the planet, he had far too

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Your back! But we are still left wondering about the identity of the dark lord.

19. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    :D :D :D A post! :D :D Can you tell I'm happy?

I have to second Kitara. We still don't know who the Dark Lord is. Is it anyone we would know?

20. Ibis

Aug 1, 2000
    ATTENTION! The next post will reveal the identity of the Dark Lord! It will be up at the absolute latest on Saturday, but I will attempt to get it up sooner than that. ;)

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Good little hamsters- you have tricked her into revealing the identity of the dark lord (we hope)

22. Ibis

Aug 1, 2000
    POST!

Master Qui-Gon Jinn?s head jerked up suddenly. He, Nichola, and Obi-Wan had been searching for more supplies, when Qui-Gon felt something was very wrong. ?What is that?? he asked, staring at a blotch on the horizon that was illuminated by the setting suns.

Nichola and Obi-Wan looked in the same direction as Qui-Gon. ?Whatever it is it?s getting closer fast,? Obi-Wan warned, and indeed the blotch was growing quickly, extremely quickly.

As the shape grew and took on a human figure, Nichola remarked, ?It must be Vera, she?s the only one I know that can move so fast.?

But as the person drew nearer, Obi-Wan, who had the youngest eyes of the group, caught a glimpse of a streak of red behind it, ?That isn?t Vera.?

The person approached at breakneck speed then halted twelve feet away from the three. For a moment the blood stained cape blocked their view of the Lord?s face, but then it swirled back behind him. The Lord?s long mane was blown slightly to the side by a strong breeze that seemed to suck the breaths from the Jedi. Both were frozen in place with shock at the person who stood before them, while the Lord allowed his lips to part in an evil smile. His cape danced with pleasure from the reaction his visage generated. Even Nichola was surprised, he never believed the Lord would come out of his fortress for the mere purpose of hunting them.

The Lord walked over and stood directly in front of Qui-Gon. ?Nice to see you again, Master. You look so surprised. You never thought I was capable of such power, did you?? he hissed.

Qui-Gon looked down at the familiar face in disbelief. Quietly, almost silently he whispered the name of Lord, ?Obi-Wan. . .?

?I don?t blame you for thinking so little of me. It?s perfectly understandable after seeing the pathetic life form of a Padawan I am in your timeline,? he said with a glance at the apprentice. The Lord backed up a few steps, ?It?s really a pity that I have to kill you, especially since you?re so much weaker than the Qui-Gon of this time. But I really can?t have you and your apprentice running around, after all what if your Obi-Wan were to try to command my armies. My commanders are so stupid, they probably wouldn?t be able to tell the difference between the two of us, and that could cause me some minor problems. However, in order to give you both a slight chance, I?ll fight fair using only my lightsaber.? With that the Lord ignited his blue lightsaber. ?I kept the crystals from my old lightsaber, from the time when I was still part of the light, and just built another casing.? He had a slight smile on his face as though he were enjoying every second of the encounter, but his cold green eyes gave the impression that the encounter was in essence unimportant to him.

The sudden appearance of a weapon shook the Jedi out of their trance, and they too ignited their own sabers as Nichola, who was unarmed, backed away. Without another seconds hesitation, the Lord leapt strait at the two, but just as he was striking at Obi-Wan, he seemed to disappear. That was when the Jedi first realized what kind of power they were up against. The Lord could move in any direction faster than their eyes could see. The Jedi searched around them, lightsabers held in a defense stance, but they could not find the Lord.

Suddenly, the Lord appeared a few feet away from them, directly in front of Nichola. ?You?ve caused me my last problem,? he sneered and brought his lightsaber down. The Jedi had no time to come to his defense. Nichola crumpled to the ground. He was alive, but his right leg from mid-thigh down lay severed from the rest of him, and he was engulfed in enormous pain. ?Let?s see how long a cripple can survive on this planet,? the Lord said.

The Lord turned away from Nichola towards the Jedi. ?You?re next,? he said pointing to Obi-Wan. ?Only I?m not just going to hurt you.? The Lord lunged at his twin. Qui-Gon quickly tried to stop him, but was thrown back by a wave of the dark side of the Force.

23. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    So Obi-Wan wasn't actually the first to die. He "fell" to the dark lord the same way anakin was killed by vader? That was a cruel twist [face_devil]

24. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Ha ha! I knew it! I wasn't really sure for the last few posts, but when I first read about the Dark Lord and all, I thought it could be Obi. So, what happened? Did Obi really fight someone else who was turning or was it like a 'point of view' thing? I need more!

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Grrr, thought I replied to the post on the 12th!!

You left me wondering exactly what kind of relationship Qui-Gon and Vera had in this alternate universe with the fact he spoke of her as often as Obi-Wan. Looks like Qui may be wondering the same thing with his "Intersting."

*Shocked into silence*

I never saw it coming. Obi-Wan is the Dark Lord?!? Wonderful twist Ibis!!!

Stunning posts!! :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.