main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Lord of the Rings conquers the Oscars! A clean sweep with 11 wins!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jupitertronic, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    hooray!!!! return of the king won every award it was nominated for! my head's still reeling, this is soooo cool! :D

the gaffer's home brew of blue milk for everyone, on the house! party, woo! *dances like it's the end of the second age* whee!

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Pretty cool. They seriously deserved it. [face_love]

3. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
  4. Tobar

Tobar Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2002
    A bunch of the people from my SWG PA were in our chat and we were all talking about it while watching it. Was fun. =D

5. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Yeppers, very groovy. Tied with Titanic & Ben Hur for most Oscar wins. Plus VERY few movies win every single freakin nomination. It's almost unheard of, especially with the sheer amount of them that they had! That was amazing. And damn deserved. Freakin academy overlooking FOTR AND TTT! I couldn't stop cheering all night! :D

6. TyriaTainer

TyriaTainer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    My group was overjoyed as well. One thing we thought of about why the other movies didn't get the awards they should have was because they were just waiting for the whole story to come out. once the entire thing was done, they gave the series the acknowledgement it deserved.

7. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    everyone, sign up for the LOTR fanclub...

my company runs it ;-)

8. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Yeah they did, that's why I complained that they overlooked FOTR and TTT. It's cool they finally rewarded the trilogy, but still, it pisses me off.

Chickey, I already do. ;p That's cool you work for them. Although it did take them 3-4 months to get me out a magazine (and they only did this after I emailed them asking why I never received anything). And I was a little disappointed that they don't send out some kind of intro packet like Star Wars does when you first join. Basically you are paying a lot of $ for a magazine. I totally love the magazine, but I definitely won't renew my subscription when it ends. :(
    Just my 2 cents there.

9. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! i'm so relieved! I would have started a one woman riot in the streets of Leeds if that wouldn't have happened. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.