main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Star Wars lord of the rings costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by sithgoblin3, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL, Rvqavalon! [face_laugh] What is new with us costumers? ;)

My list of LOTR Costumes is going on and on and on and my pile of cloths is not getting any lower but higher instead (Oh! This cloth for Arwen BR Dress Jumper! This one for Lothlorien Ranger! This one for Elven Archer!" etc etc). And I think I'll be getting some Red 70" Velour today for Arwen BR Lower Sleeves; just a matter of how much. ;)

2. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
  3. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Oh my goodness, Jayne, that is absolutely adorable!!! I can't wait to see it!

...I am sooo tired, but i need to sew....

:)
    ecila

4. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Jayne...soooooo cute!
    I love it!

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Jayne, it's beautiful! :) All your efforts had paid off.

Now all you need is a blushing Sam. ;)

6. ladystar

ladystar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2001
    Wow, Jayne!! That is incredible. Make sure to post pictures of you in it when you get back from DC!! Have fun!!

7. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    Help! I'm trying to finish my Requiem dress and wanted to watch the scene on the dvd's but for the life of me I can't find it, or is it not even in The Two towers, which would explain why I can't find. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

8. rvqavalon

rvqavalon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    The scene with the Requiem gown is in the Return of the King, actually. Which is silly, because it was in the Two Towers *trailer*...

9. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    thanks so much, thought I was going crazy there.

10. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Here's my 'Reasonable Facsimile' Arwen Requiem gown:

[image=http://www.sistersola.com/Oct-20-04-044.jpg]

More pics here:

Requiem gown

11. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Gah! You make such a gorgeous Arwen!

I think your dress is beautiful. It fits you so well. The shape of the neckline, the shape of the sleeves, it all looks great! :)

Can I ask you about your wig? Is it one you already had or did you get it for this costume? (I still need to find one for mine. ;) )

12. rvqavalon

rvqavalon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    Absolutely SPECTACULAR, Sister_Sola! You make a great Arwen; much prettier than Liv Tyler, IMHO. :) I love it!

13. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    Oh my gosh [face_blush] ! Prettier than Liv, whoa, you guys are so generous!!! Wish I had her figure anyways! Thanks for the compliments!

Dawn, I got the wig just for this costume. I'll PM you the seller.

14. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    Looks gorgeous, Cassandra!! :)

15. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    you look fantastic Sister-Sola :)

just working on the beading on the neckline and sleeves, hopefully it will be done for next :)

16. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Your requiem gown turned out great Sister Sola! You always look fantastic in all of your costumes. Is this what you will wear to the Halloween LOTR event you are going to?

I have to say, the next time I shop for a wig I will look into the ebay sellers you have been going to. Your hair looks perfect! *edit* I forgot to mention that you look stunning as a brunette! You are lucky your coloring looks natural either way.

Well, I'm actally back in LOTR costuming mode at the moment - I made my husband's fellowship cloak mock-up and now I'm working on the second muslin of his Frodo vest (first one needed quite a bit of altering). I have to say after fussing with fitted gowns a big old cloak and a boxy vest are a piece of cake and I'm enjoying having something easier to work on ;)

- Kay Dee

17. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    LOL! I'm glad you're working on something a bit easier kay_dee. Can't wait to see pics!

18. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    Thanks so much ladies! [face_blush]

Looking forward to seeing your version liannb, good luck with the beading!

kay_dee, I can't wait to see your Frodo too! *edit* I'm not going to RingCon in Seattle anymore, 'got no nuttin' moola to trade!'. Saving up for my CIII flight instead!

19. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Sorry to hear you can't go to ringcon Sola :( I do hope you have an opportunity to wear your Arwen costume some time though!

I feel like a cheat on my husband's Frodo costume. I ordered his pants from Museum replicas as well as a shirt. I have the materials to make his shirt, but I saw I was running tight on time and unless I can get his vest done by Monday I don't think I'll have time to do the shirt. We'll see.

- Kay Dee

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Sister_Sola, your version of the Requiem Dress looked great IMHO. [face_love] You had done a great job on it! :)

Kay Dee, I'm sure you'll be able to complate your husband's Frodo Costume. [:D] Don't feel bad if you have to use a lot of cheats, sometimes, time is just enough for us! [face_hypnotized]

I also recently got a new Arwen Gown (Cranberry Dress) last Wed and unfortunately, I didn't do it myself. :( The Jersey Silk (finally found it after combing the cloths district for 8 months tho' it's only in red!) also didn't turned out right that I want to throw the whole gown into a pot of Dark Red Dye. It has Princess Seams (I needed them) and the side panels look silvery red under indoor lighting. :oops: The Wire trimming is also giving me problems as it kept getting hooked to the velvet.

And just a little "application" of my little experience with the LOTR Exhibition :D ; when storing my Cranberry Dress (as the Wire Bullion Trimming keep getting hooked), I'm gona do partially what was did to pack the actual Galadriel Mirror Dress. Gonna create some kind of plastic apron that goes under the Armpits and around the bust to prevent the trimmings from touching the body of the dress. Will do that tomolo on my off day. ;) When wearing the gown, not sure yet other than just sewing/glueing down/whatever all the raw edges of the wire bullion. I still got to add more silver Wire Bullion and Beads to the trimming to make one side even and the whole trimming more silver than currently (the trimming is mostly antique gold with a little silver).

21. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Darth Eagle - I had a little trouble with the wire bullion trim on my Mourning Gown as well. It didn't snag my velvet, but it would catch on my mannequin and the coils would unravel! I ended up wrapping plastic wrap around my mannequin before slipping the dress over it. I also use layers of tissue when packing my dress up to keep the trim from catching on stuff. A custom made shield sounds like good idea though!

- Kay Dee

22. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    *drags thread up*

Hey all! Can anyone recommend a good Arwen wig? (Sister_Sola, I'm looking at you in particular-- your wig is gorgeous!) Since I chopped my hair off, I can't braid my own hair for my Chase Dress. I want to enter the masquerade at the One Ring Convention, so I need to get a wig pronto so I can practice styling it. :)

Caitlin

23. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    Sending you a PM shortly :)

I'll see if I can still find a link for the actual one I got, so you'll have the style and colour number in case you need to ask the seller/do a search.

24. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Sola!!! Your dress is just amazing!!!!! :eek: I love it better than Arwen's!!! :eek: :D And your wig is awesome too! :D

~Spacelady

25. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    Argh. I went to order the crinkle lurex organza from Thai Silks that Maggie used for her chase dress undersleeves, to redo my sleeves, and it was backordered! :mad: I hope I can find somewhere else to buy it.

Caitlin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.