main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lord of the Rings DAY!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by jedivalens, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    On December 16th Edwards Theater will be showing all three Lord of the Rings Movies, the extended editions. Tickets will be on sale October 9th on Moviefone.com! Just a heads up for all you lotr fans. For more info go to the official site.

2. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    Hmm, the bad thing is that I might have a final for my nsci4 class on that day. If I do, then unfortunately I will only be able to see the midnight showing of ROTK. If not...I'M TOTALLY THERE FOR 11 HOURS OF FILM-GOODNESS.

3. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    I have school too, but I should at least get to see 2/3 of the films! I will see if i can get out early though, I'm sure my instructor will understand!

4. Darth_Malicious420

Darth_Malicious420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2003
    Do you know what time it is starting, and will it be the extended version of ROTK? That would be sweeeeeeeet....

5. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    I think it will be starting around 3 pm and just the extended versions of fotr and ttt... have to wait till the tix come on sell to find out for sure.

6. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    okay, i found out my final is on thrusday the 18th!!!!! SO I"M TOTALLY THERE FOR THE TRILOGY SHOWING ON TUESDAY. It's gonna be awesome.

7. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    sweet, when we find out what the times are, we can try to meet somewhere in line er something.

8. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Yeah, definitely.

And hey, if you guys haven't already, sign up for the FRESNO LOTR LINE PATRY at theonering.net, here's a link.

http://www.theonering.net/movie/lineparty/displayList.php?id=1002

Even if you aren't going to attend the midnight showing, sign up anyway! If we get a lot of people to do this, then the line members will get lots of free merchandise from theonering.net!!

9. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    hey wow, i didnt know fresno did anything like this, i'm in!

10. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Alright, fandango is now listing the info for "Trilogy Tuesday" at Edwards. The tickets will be $35.00 and it starts at 2:00pm.

11. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    that is crazy i think! thats more than 10 bucks a movie, it would be better if it was at least the actual movie price for each movie, considering that 2 is a matinee price! unless maybe they are giving away goodies or something at the door i do not think 35 is worth it... I would definitly think about it if i had the money but it looks like i will probably just seeing rotk that night.

12. Darth_Malicious420

Aug 7, 2003
    35.00?????? thats a friggin ripoff, only way I would even consider is if they were actually going to show us the extended version of ROTK and since they're not going to do that....fuhgettaboutit....I'll watch the extend versions of FOTR and TTT(if its out by then, anyone know a release date?)at home then go see ROTK at midnught

13. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    yeah the extended versions of fotr and ttt come out like a week, and two weeks before rotk...

14. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    $35.00 is way too much! I think I'll just see the midnight showing. It'll probably be a short line anyway because everyone will be in the theater already!

15. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    I think it's worth it. There's gonna be a regal spokesperson outside giving free gifts to people seeing the TRILOGY TUESDAY event. And think of it this way...normal matinees are 6 bucks each, usually the movie is 2 hours long. TRILOGY TUESDAY is 12 hours long, that's like 6 movies, 6x6 is $36.00. So 35 is really worth it I think.

Plus you'll never ever have the opportunity to see all three movies back to back to back in the theatre.

16. Darth_Malicious420

Aug 7, 2003
    I wonder if the'll do something similar when EPIII comes out....Now THAT would be worth the 35.00 even more...

17. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    if i know for sure that i will be getting some kind of collectable out of it , i might reconsider, i like collectable stuff!

18. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    I concur.

19. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Well you might be too late. Fandango is reporting that Edwards is sold out for the Trilogy Tuesday. I haven't gone to the Edwards box office to confirm this yet, though. Better make your decisions fast guys! Ha.

20. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    Holy cow! Well then again they said episode 2 was sold out and half the theater was empty!

21. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    Does anybody know for sure if the tix are sold out for either the trilogy thingy, or the midnight showing?

22. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Right now Edwards is selling three types of tickets.

Advanced tickets for the TRILOGY TUESDAY showing (all 3 movies on Dec 16th), these are SOLD OUT.

Advance tickets for Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Edition, December 5-11, these probably aren't sold out, but I don't know for sure.

Advance tickets for The Two Towers: Extended Edition, December 12-15, these probably aren't sold out, but I don't know for sure.

As far as I know, Edwards isn't selling advance tickets for Return of the King yet.

Of course you can check out all this yourself on FANDANGO.COM, just go to the Edwards page and select the dates in December to see which showings are still available.

23. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    True, fandago is sold out, but i'm sure they arent allowed to sell all of the tickets for the theater. moviephone, and movietickets.com havent even started to sell tix yet for the trilogy tuesday...

24. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
  25. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    well the box office at edwards said it was sold out, and that there would be no "midnight showing"... i was like... hmmm... but anyways those people in there looked like they were half stoned, and didnt really sound like they were telling the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.