main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lord of the Rings Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by spooky-kid, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Has everyone seen all the movies by now?

What did ya'll think?

Personally- I wished I hadn't read the book before I went to see ROTK. I left very disappointed even though it was still an awesome movie. I was so pissed they left the ending of the book out. They didn't even include Saurmon at all. I wanted to see that ending on screen very badly... I think to have done this series correctly they shoul have made each book a trilogy.

Next....

2. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I know what you mean, I recently read ROTK as well. I know some magor scenes that were left out will be added to the extended edition, like Saruman (SP?), and the Mouth of Sauron at the Black Gates. I thought the movie was incredible, those battle scenes were intense, and I was pleased overall with how it all ended. I have to give them credit for condensing those books into a trilogy, of course they had to make some sacrifices, but the magic and power of the story stayed true. I hope to see Peter Jackson awarded this year!

Chris

3. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    just a test....stardog is having problems posting and viewing the board.

4. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Well all right! Guess who's back!

I personally had a bad case of the flat @$$ after the Return of the King. They could of had an intermission. I was over all impressed with the movie. except for no Saromon. What's up with that!!!!!!!

I read a interview with Chrisotpher Lee and he said he hoped he lived long enough to see the triology completed. Why? They cut him out of the movie. What's up with that!!!!!!!

But I was really impressed. If I had not read the book. I would have been spell bound the entire time.

But a big shout out goes to the Spooky Kid for picking up the tickets!

THANKS!!!!

My wife and I had a great time with you guys!

5. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Well, I didn't read the book, so I was spellbound! It was great!

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Personally, I was most disappointed by the fact that they left out the Houses of Healing scenes. Because of that, Eowyn's and Faramir's storylines are left hanging.

I hear that those scenes will also appear in the extended edition of the DVD.

But, that is my only complaint, if you can call it that. Otherwise, it is one of the best movies that I have ever seen. :)

7. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm one of those who's a Lord of the Rings fan par excellance, just nuts for the movies, dvds, and the books. I know about the missing House of Healing and Gandalf vs. Saruman that was to startup ROTK. But hey, I'm just in awe of the stupendous job this movie had done .... it's a masterpiece and the results are a new classic for our time. We (collectively I mean our society and live in general) needed a jolt of fantasy - the huge success of LOTR is going to be a precursor for more fantasy movies in the near future. It's already a benchmark of movie storytelling. Let's see George Lucas top it.

8. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    MAN I"M BACK!!!! My browser is working!!!! I don't know how but I'm so happy!!!

And I believe Lucas will top it in May 2005. Mark the words. "MAY 2005!"

To me he already has. Don't get me wrong I love Tolkien and the Lord of the Rings. But Star Wars is just fuel for my soul!!!!!

Did I mention that I was back!!!!!!! Thank the FORCE!!!!!

(Shamefull advertising)
    New Post for RISE OF THE SITH is on the saga boards!!!!

Please go check it out!!!!!!!!!

9. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    In the words of DarthSil

"That jackass couldn't even put some Led Zepplin songs in the LOTR." or something like that.

hilarious, I LOVE IT [face_devil]

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.