lord of the rings---gamecube??

Discussion in 'Games' started by jedi4500, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi4500 Jedi Knight

star 1
    anyone know why the lord of the rings game is on gamecube.com's coming soon list, when in all other sites it just shows that the Hobbit is the only game available for gamecube....LOTR's is for ps2 and xbox only on all the sites...
  2. Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Master

star 4
    That's right. Cube gets Hobbit and PS2 and Xbox get LotR.

In any case, you should've used this thread.
  3. jedi4500 Jedi Knight

star 1
    thats what i am asking, why is lotr on the gamecube's coming soon list??? If its not supposed to be comming out for the cube
  4. Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Master

star 4
  5. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Aren't there two LotR games? One where you get to be Frodo, Gandalf, and Aragorn and another where you choose to be either Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli. The first one looks and sounds better. The second one is going to be on the GBA as well as the PS2, so that leaves me sceptical.

Anyway, I'm a 'Cube owner, so I'll take whatever I can get.
  6. Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, well if you look on the side it says the publisher is Universal Interactive. The one for Xbox and PS2 is made by EA. I may be wrong.

This game is based on the books. EA's is based on the movies.
  7. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Right. UI's looks much better.
  8. tenorjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    actually I thought Xbox's was going to be an RPG and PS2/gamecube is going to be an action game.

I thought that was the rundown, but I'm not positive
  9. Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Master

star 4
    It was probably put on the site when the game was first announced months ago and was never taken down once Universal decided which platforms the game appears on. You can't click on any of the links for screens or info. The only information given is a expected release date. Add that up with the fact that the official site from universal and gamespot/IGN say nothing about a Gamecube version and I think that it is safe to assume that this is a case of failure to update gamcube.com. Or maybe Nintendo is just trying to pull a fast one, the old bait and switch. :D :p

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!
  10. DoubleSith Force Ghost

star 3
    Both Universal Interactive and Electronic Arts own Lord of the Rings videogame licences. The difference is that Universal's license applies to the books, while EA's applies to the movies.

Now, the upcoming EA game is The Two Towers. It is based on both The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers movies. All three platforms are getting this action/ beat 'em up game. The PS2 version is coming out in November around the time of the Extended Version FOTR DVD release. Xbox and Gamecube owners will get this game early next year. Those of you that own/rent the recently released FOTR DVD can watch a preview of this game on the "Extras" DVD.

Universal is also releasing games for all three platforms based on their book license. The difference is that each platform is getting a different game.
    Both Xbox and PS2 are getting games based on the FOTR novel. These two games, both called FOTR are being made by completely different developers. The Xbox game is more of an adveture/RPG, while the PS2 version is more action based. The Gamecube is getting a game based on the LOTR prequel, The Hobbit.

To sum up, each console is getting:

PS2:
    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [EA]
    THe Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring [Universal Interactive]

Gamecube:
    The Hobbit [Universal Interacive]

Xbox:
    The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring [Universal Interactive]
  11. obi-wankenobiben Jedi Knight

star 3
    What about pc what is going to be on pc?
  12. Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Master

star 4
    I already answered your question, here. Obi. Click the link when you get there. ;)

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!
  13. ElfStar Jedi Master

star 4
    Man, this is way more confusing then it should be. I say Universal should just release them all on each platform and be done with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.