Lord of the Rings music... Gosh, I love it!

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Oct 28, 2001.

Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. DarthBurns Force Ghost

star 4
    Anyone know what the tune is in the first proper trailer, when the Riders are chasing Frodo?
  2. Mayhem Jedi Master

star 4

I just listened to the soundtrack streamed from the official site..its awesome!. I am reading the book now too and it was cool listening to it at the same time. I'm somewhat with Sithman..I may have listened to the whole thing, but I'm doing it only once til I see the movie, then I'll go and buy it.
  3. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Explain again how listening to the music will spoil the movie?
  4. Mayhem Jedi Master

star 4
    I dont think it ruins the movie and I love instrumental music, but when its a soundtrack I like to have the visuals. Its fun to be able to listen to a good soundtrack and be able to replay scenes in your mind.
    Thats my personal opinion and thoughts on it.
  5. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  6. sithgoblin3 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok I just bought the soundtrack today (up until then I'd been listening to mp3's)

I'd just like to say... This soundtrack is sooooo awesome!!!!!

I love the fellowship theme, and the hobbits theme... oh man and the evil theme is evil!

I have goosebumps!
  7. sithgoblin3 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Has anyone seen teh Moria clip from MTV? The music matches the movie perfectly!!
  8. sithgoblin3 Jedi Knight

star 3
  9. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Uh-oh...I overdid it. I'm actually sick of this soundtrack for the time being.
  10. Neophool Jedi Padawan

I think that listening to the soundtrack can ruin a movie, yes. I love the opening to movies, experiencing the movie and music at the same time for the first time in a theater. The Harry Potter opening was very good, and if I had listened to the ST before I saw the movie, I would have known what would be playing over the very beginning frames. I bought the LOTR soundtrack the dayit came out, but I won't open it until after I get home from seeing the movie - same goes for AOTC. It could be argued that if you know the music before seeing the film, you can recognize themes. I'd rather see and hear the movie together, as they were meant to be, for the first time, not seperated. Just my opinion, though!
  11. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Mastadge: Explain again how listening to the music will spoil the movie?

Mastadge: Uh-oh...I overdid it. I'm actually sick of this soundtrack for the time being.

LOL, you hit the nail on its head there, Mas. :D :D
  12. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    The movie's not ruined, I've just listened to the soundtrack over and over too much in too short a time.
  13. Spiderdevil Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey guys, I need a little help. At lordoftherings.net, there's a link to listen to a QuickTime stream of the entire score. I've clicked on it, which opens a little QuickTime window and it looks like it's loading, but I don't hear anything.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I'm doing wrong?
  14. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Open quicktime, click on the help menu. Go to "update existing software." See if you're software is up to date.
  15. Spiderdevil Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I've got QuickTime 5, so I doubt I need to update, but I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Well, I did have to do a slight update, but still no luck hearing the music. When the window pops up, I get a picture of the Hobbitts with a QuickTime bar at the bottom. Next to the volume control is an arrow running in a circle, which I assumed meant that it was streaming. But I still don't hear anything.
  16. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Try opening quicktime, then go to the file menu and "open from location," and then paste the link in there.
  17. Spiderdevil Jedi Master

star 4
    Doesn't work. Since the link is a javascript popup, it had a funky URL and QuickTime couldn't find it once I cut-and-pasted.
  18. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I've got a direct link to the streaming music here.

Enjoy! (...and I hope that works. :))
  19. Attack Jedi Knight

star 1
    Explain again how listening to the music will spoil the movie?

That happened to me with TPM. I'd listened to the soundtrack so much before I saw the film that I had it memorized. Every time the score in the film was different from what was on the CD, I got pulled out of the film by the difference.
  20. Spiderdevil Jedi Master

star 4
    It's not just listening to the music. Sometimes the track names on the soundtrack can spoil the film for you if you're trying to remain spoiler-free. Example: Track 15 of the TPM soundtrack, "Qui-Gon's Noble End." I was going into the film almost entirely spoiler-free. But then I bought the soundtrack and discovered that Qui-Gon would buy it in the end. It really irks me that they'll do that with the track names.
  21. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Well, I'm asking for the FOTR CD for Christmas and I'm going to see the movie on the 23rd, so I won't have to wait long after seeing FOTR to get the soundtrack! :)
  22. LawgSkrak Force Ghost

star 4
    The movie was good. The music is great with the visuals. You'll love it.

(Oh I saw the movie at a sneak peak yesterday)
  23. Sith_Hologram Jedi Knight

star 1
    If you go to www.burgerking.com and click on the section about the goblits for FOTR, you can listen to "gothic power" as much as you want. Although the site gave no information about the music.
  24. ElfStar Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Sith_Hologram Jedi Knight

star 1
    I recently found "gothic power" on audiogalaxy and downloaded it, so if anyone likes that music, audiogalaxy.com is where you can find it.
Moderators: Darth_Nub