Lord of the Rings music... Gosh, I love it!

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Oct 28, 2001.

Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Emperor's Prize Jedi Master

star 4
    Ack! Another week?

Boooooooooooooooo ....

:p

I pre-ordered it from Amazon (I don't trust the local stores to stock the set) so I guess I'll have to wait until after Thanksgiving to listen to it since I'll be out of town that week.

:p

But I completely understand the reasons behind it.
  2. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    I have all 3 of the movies soundtrack cd's and I never get tired of listening to them. One of the most beautiful scores ever produced. =D= And I do admit to be moved to tears by some of the tracks. I would love to own the complete collection, because theres some lovely pieces of music on the Extended edition that I love (the houses of healing) but at that price I won't be able too just yet lol
  3. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    That's why I've bought them each as they've come out. All at once would be killer. I will say again for the umpteenth time in this thread (vermutlich) that these scores are still my favorite non-John Williams scores out there. I listen to them regularly and love them dearly.
  4. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If anyone's interested, the ROTK CR is available on iTunes to download for about $25.
  5. Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Master

star 3
    DON'T DO IT! DON'T DO IT!

Hold it out for one more week!
  6. rogrdashrubber Jedi Knight

Why hold out? You're getting all the music for LESS than half of the listed box set price! Sure, you aren't getting a cardboard box, or CD's with fancy designs on them, or the liner notes, but what are you getting? Almost FOUR hours of music! For less than 30 bucks! I think that's a great deal.
  7. Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Master

star 3
    You're also getting one of best film music releases in history at an extremely low bit rate.
  8. rogrdashrubber Jedi Knight

I'm listening to it as I type right now, and it sounds pretty sweet.
  9. Blonde_Handmaiden Jedi Knight

Howard Shore did a phenomenal job on it. I love "In Dreams" That's just the kind of song I'd listen to when I want a pick-me-up.
  10. andy1044 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Yikes, I just listened to the samples in the iTunes store and I would gladly pay the extra for the better quality sound.
  11. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    It's awesome. It's huge and expensive, but awesome. I listened to the first disc and a half in my car today, now I am importing it into iTunes and listening from the beginning. It's great so far!
  12. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    great. and amazon.de is entirely unable to get it.
  13. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow. This set is just... wow.

There are so many standout moments I can't even keep track. I think my current favorite is the statement of the Fellowship theme as Sam confronts Shelob. That tiny piece of music literally gives me chills every time.
  14. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Bah, I probably won't get mine until next Monday due to the holiday weekend. It's still one UPS station away this afternoon.
  15. yodas_waiter Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bah, I'm really miffed. Howard Shore is in Stockholm this evening performing the soundtrack from the Lord of the Rings. I found out about this yesterday, so it was too late to get a ticket. I wish it had been advertised much more [face_frustrated] Hopefully, there'll be more opportunities...right?
  16. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    One can hope. I saw the LOTR Symphony in Frankfurt with Senny.... that was pretty damn cool.
  17. Crash_Davis Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aaargh! I just found out that my wife does not want me to buy this because she said that perhaps Santa might leave it under the tree for me on Christmas morning! I can't hold out!

18. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    All I've ever seen of Frankfurt was the main station and the airport. The Symphony was in Köln. Want me to scan the ticket that says Kölnarena on it? ;)

as for the CR... still waiting...
  19. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    LOL! You are absolutely right. It was Köln.
  20. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    My ROTK CR is on my desk now, waiting to be ripped into iTunes.
  21. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I spent yesterday listening to it in depth and changing things around like I want them. I renamed a few tracks, combined a few and divided a few as well.
  22. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I've only got to listen to the entire thing once through so far, and not yet in 5.1.

I've got some of my favorite cues added to my playlists though. Lots of great new Moth Theme. Heroic Moth Theme. I can't believe these weren't included on the OST.
  23. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Ooooooooh I should listen to it in 5.1!!! :D I haven't done that yet.
  24. Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh yes, that's amazing. I haven't listened to the whole thing in 5.1, but some of the best stuff like Lighting of the Beacons and For Frodo. Best listened to loud as hell of course!
  25. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Lighting of the Beacons is one of my favorites. Also the Far Green Country is just awesome. "For Frodo" as well. I really need to listen to it more to find my favorites though. There is SO much great stuff.
Moderators: Darth_Nub