main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Lord of the Rings] Natural Habit- Aragorn thinks about the hobbits. Vignette

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: Natural Habit
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: Throughout the trilogy/ Movieverse
    Characters: Aragorn, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Gandalf
    Genre: General/ Vignette
    Summary: Aragorn reflects on his friends, the hobbits.
    AN: I wrote this little oneshot on the day that Return of the King came out on DVD, and it?s all about my favorite characters in the entire LOTR trilogy-the hobbits. This was also the very first challenge I EVER responded to. I hope you enjoy this.:D
    Disclaimer: I don't own Tolkien's masterpiece, nor do I own some of the dialogue in this.

Natural Habit

Well it was the day to begin his job. Aragorn, or Strider as he was known around Bree, was once again wandering in the wilds. Only this time he wasn?t alone, following him were four furry footed little hobbits.

Though Aragorn had often seen hobbits on his travels protecting the Shire borders and around Bree, it was most curious to see them up close. Aragorn had thought nobody could move as quietly as he did, with all his experience. But to his surprise, they could go light on their feet and could hardly be heard as they walked.

Aragorn paused and glanced at the path, trying to pick the best route to avoid the Black Riders. As he was staring intently at the road, the hobbits at once started to pull pans and food off of the weak pony Bill. Aragorn quickly turned to them.

?Gentlemen, we do not stop until nightfall,? Aragorn said in a gruff voice and then turned back to the trail. Frodo and Sam started packing the rest up, while Merry and Pippin looked aghast.

?What about breakfast?? said Pippin looking very confused. Aragorn was trying hard not to laugh at this point.

?We?ve already had it,? replied Aragorn ignoring Pippin and walking forward. Couldn?t they remember that breakfast had been only a couple of hours ago?

?We?ve had one, yes. But what about second breakfast?? Aragorn walked away chuckling softly to himself.

Hobbits are sure strange, Aragorn thought. Pippin at once started saying in a loud voice to Merry about how he wondered if Strider knew about Elevensies, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea, Dinner and Supper. Well, there are more important things right now, than taking time to give the hobbits their usual quota of meals.

October 24th, 3018

Aragorn could hardly believe it. How on all of Middle Earth, could a small hobbit, such as Frodo be able to fight one Mordor?s worst blades? It was absolutely incredible, that he for one, didn?t let the wound over power him, two rarely complained about his pain, and finally, three, managed to bear that sliver in his shoulder for seventeen days.

Frodo and the rest of his hobbit race, were truly remarkable. Also incredibly resistant to fade and pass. If it hadn?t been for that hobbit sense, Frodo surely wouldn?t have made it. What an astonishing and innocent race of people. One thing was for sure, Aragorn would never feel wearied by his protecting of the Shire. They deserved to be protected.

Gandalf walked into the room, where Aragorn was sitting by Frodo?s bedside. Aragorn said quietly, ?It?s surprising that he was able to make it,? said Aragorn, while glancing at the peaceful rising and falling of Frodo?s chest.

?Yes, it is. But I shouldn?t be surprised because I have once said to both Bilbo and Frodo. Hobbits really are amazing creatures! You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years, they can still surprise you,? said Gandalf.

?Well, I have never heard a truer statement,? replied Aragorn.

April 8th, 3018

Aragorn could hardly believe how it all ended. He was now finally wearing the crown his ancestors had worn. He never thought this day would or could ever come. And it never would?ve happened if it weren?t for all the sacrifices people made for him.

Aragorn walked to all four of them for the first time as King of Gondor and Arnor. They all started to bow immediately to him as they rightfully should, but Aragorn had to stop them. How could they

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    ?We?ve had one, yes. But what about second breakfast??

I love that line [face_laugh]

Aragorn could hardly believe it. How on all of Middle Earth, could a small hobbit, such as Frodo be able to fight one Mordor?s worst blades? It was absolutely incredible, that he for one, didn?t let the wound over power him, two rarely complained about his pain, and finally, three, managed to bear that sliver in his shoulder for seventeen days.
    Frodo and the rest of his hobbit race, were truly remarkable. Also incredibly resistant to fade and pass. If it hadn?t been for that hobbit sense, Frodo surely wouldn?t have made it. What an astonishing and innocent race of people. One thing was for sure, Aragorn would never feel wearied by his protecting of the Shire. They deserved to be protected.

The Hobbits, and Frodo especially, really are amazing.

Man, this is making me want to watch Fellowship now. I'll have to stick that in this week [face_hypnotized]

?My friends,? he said finding his voice. ?You bow to no one,?

That always makes me teary :_|

Great job, LilyHobbitJedi =D=

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, this is so sweet!! I love how much they come to mean to him :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.