Lord of the Rings Opening Day in theatres

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by synchroniz3r, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    I was a little irritated when the sound fluttered a little, but it was so freaking cool anyway. :D

Gimli was funny, from not being able to keep up to being too short to having to be tossed -- "Don't tell the Elf." LOL.

It was great to see the friendship between Legolas and Gimli when the Elf immediately defended Gimli when Éomer threatened to lop the dwarf's head off if he were a little taller.

Gollum/Smeagol was very well done, IMHO. Wicked, funny (when he was singing about the fish [face_laugh]) and sad, when you could see the real Smeagol and know how much the Ring had corrupted and twisted him.

And needless to say, the battle for Helms Deep was terrific. The rain, the special effects, the Orcs and the Elves and everything. :p

Can't wait for ROTK!
  2. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, there are a lot of differences from the book, which is abit sad, in my opinion. TTT will probably be the most deviated from the original work. Still it probably had to be done to make it more approachable to the audience and more exciting. [face_plain]
  3. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Many scenes that was shown in the trailers (teaser & main) were also missing. :_|

SPOILER
    The Elf Leader that died was actually Haldir and not Celeborn?
  4. jedigoh Jedi Padawan

This movies totally rocks!!!!!!!!!! It's a fantestic movies can't wait for the <<return of the king>>, and by the way do any of you know ,who is the she that gollum talk about that will help him kill frodo and sam?
  5. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    My Precious . . . . . . [face_devil]
  6. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    jedigoh - 'She' is Shelob, a gigantic spider.
  7. delta7_interceptor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh no Clare!! u have just given out a beeg spoiler to all those who haf not read the books!! haha, I just watched the movie today since I came back from Japan yesterday.. All I have to say is that: IT TOTALLY ROCKED MY WORLD!!

haha, the battle scenes were really cool man, can't wait for more in ROTK.. And i was upset to, to realise tt some scenes were not shown in the movie.. I was totally upset at the front part coz I thought that Jackson had changed the entire script and was only comforted when they reverted back to the original story.. haha, Gollum was really very well portrayed.. you could really pity him and hate him at the same time, Frodo was kind of a disappointment though, thought he would be more heroic.. :p
  8. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    I watched TTT a second time on Friday and the short-Gimli parts were a little overdone, IMHO. The battle scenes are trying to create a tense, frightened atmosphere and at the same time there's a too-short Gimli trying to peer over the wall, trying to make audiences laugh.

Frodo wasn't too heroic because it had to be more true to the book. Frodo wasn't meant to be the flawless, heroic, brave type like Aragorn. He was just a Hobbit thrust into the middle of things. Like when he reached Mount Doom, he did not cast the Ring into the fire but tried to claim it for himself. Or so The Magical Worlds of The Lord of the Rings book says. :p
  9. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    What??? :eek: :eek:

The disadvantage of haven't finish reading the novel. :(
  10. delta7_interceptor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lol, I know.. but still, sighz.. I think the Gimli parts were really quite fine, but yep, some times it was at the wrong parts that they inserted the humour.. I still wanna watch it again and again and again..

11. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Me too! I'm gonna watch it again this week or early next week and more after that cause I missed some of the Easter Eggs in the movie. And I still got to kidnap someone's FOTR extended DVD/VCD :D (or suddenly ended up buying it like I did for Harry Potter SS ;) ).

I'm also beginning to fall in love with the Elves Helmet and Haldir's chest armor. They look so cool! :p (Now I wish I can learn to make them myself!)
  12. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    OK, people...you were discussing this sooo loudly that I juz had to join in - haha! :p

I wanna watch it again too, but maybe after New Year's Day, 'cos I'll be kinda swamped till then.

Gosh, Legolas is simply simmering in this movie...and to think that I thought he was kinda yummy in the first movie, he's even better in this one!! :p

Oh drats!!
    Just gave away the REAL reason I wanna see it over and over again..... ;)

DE, what Easter Eggs are there??
  13. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Don't have the full list yet but I know one of it is where the Elves shoot air in the Helms Deep scene. And I'm not sure the part where Orcs are wearing Nike shoes is from FOTR or TTT. :p

Heeheehehee, must . . . watch . . . TTT . . . again . . . .
  14. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Gosh, Legolas is simply simmering in this movie...and to think that I thought he was kinda yummy in the first movie, he's even better in this one!!

delta7_interceptor, you have competition... ;) :D
  15. delta7_interceptor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not competition, a comrade..

JediJean - Iznt he SOOOOO TOTALLY COOL and sweet and hunky and powerful??!!

Mwhahahaha.. [face_mischief]
  16. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Gandalf can beat Legolas any day. :D
  17. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    But no one else can shoot arrows the way Legolas can - haha! :p
    He can shoot me right thru' the heart anyday! [face_love] swoon [face_love]
    ...or is that just silly Cupid playing tricks on me again?!?? :eek:
  18. delta7_interceptor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Legolas wins hands down.. hehheh, but there were some parts in the movie that were a wee bit suggestive.. like when aragon fell off the cliff and returned.. some jealous ppl might twist it arnd to say tt instead of a loyal friend and comrade, they might say that Legolas is gay and what not and lusts after aragon which is pure crap.. :p
  19. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    ::Refrains from saying something I might regret:: [face_mischief] :D

Anyway even if Legolas shoots his pants off at Gandalf, the Wizard can still block and destroy all the arrows like in TTT.

(Thought you might appreciate that bit of imagery [face_mischief] [face_laugh])
  20. delta7_interceptor Jedi Knight

star 1
    I do, oh I do.. [face_mischief]
    :: imagines Legolas without his pants :: [face_love]

haha
  21. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
  22. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    He's too old for you anyway. About more than a couple of thousand years too old. (And I don't care if he looks young.) ;) :D
  23. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Heeheheeh, age matter not! :D Arwen got Aragorn rite? ;) And I think I'll prefer older "men" as long as they look young, and not a day older each year. :p
  24. delta7_interceptor Jedi Knight

star 1
    So wad if he is a couple of a thousand years older?? he has eternal youth and life.. haha, and then clare will come along and quote Elrond, "while you die, he will linger in darkness and pain and blah blah blah" :D

25. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Err, he can go and find another to fill the space left by his previous?

*DE went under the table to avoid the rain of fish coming down from the ceiling*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.