Lord of the Rings Opening Day in theatres

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by synchroniz3r, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Never mind the dog leash; bring a fish!

:p
  2. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm making a little Dog Leash for some characters to wear anyway this Dec, if not earlier for CosFest. :D

Gollum, eh? The vacancy is technically filled if we can make Smeagol/Gollum dress up decently and convince the person (u all don't know who he is). I was thinking of Gollum's Pink Tutu but . . . . [face_laugh]
  3. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Here's the current list of characters and costumes that had been reserved/taken:
    (Those with * are cosplayers)

Fellowship
    -Aragorns
    -Frodo (FOTR)
    -Sam (FOTR)
    -Gandalf the Grey
    -*Legolas/s
    -Gimli
    -*Boromir

Elves
    -Arwen (Mourning)
    -Galadriel (Prolog)
    -*Elrond/s
    -*Celeborn

Nasties
    -*Ringwraith No. 3
    -*Uruk-Khai
    -Sauron
    -Eye of Sauron :p
    -*Gollum/Smeagol

Humans & Hobbits
    -*Eowyn (Green Dress)
    -*Rosie Cotton (Party Dress)

Still desperately need Merry & Pippin.

Gandalf the White, Saruman and Faramir are also needed. We can also use more Nasties. ;)

About 5-7 more Ringwraiths are also required for Dec 17th (Sneak Preview). Members who want to become Ringwraiths on Dec 18th (the Costume Parade) may borrow some of those from Dec 17th Ringwraith Costumes since some of them are doning another costume on Dec 18th.
  4. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey I want to become ringwraith!!!!(ringwraith can scare the s**t out of little children) But no one will let me because I'm the best looking Frodo!!!
  5. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    For this Dec Cosplay Event, if we can enter the Group Competition, I'm thinking of the whole group performing an edited Lyric of The Lords of the Rhymes. We'll probably just lips the whole song (our mics will be set as Off).

BUT with the edited Lyrics, we may have to either
    1. Rerecord most of our voices in some studio and use that song at the event;
    OR
    2. Edit the song to drown or cut completely the uses of the F words (it's used 6 times in the 6 minutes song);
    OR
    3. Use the "Clean" Version and someone must "peep!" the parts that they tried to censored (but can still hear the f or ing parts of the F words).

So what's everyone's opinion on this? :D

I spoke with one of the organizer and he highly discourage Option 3 as the F words are still heardable (other than it's shorter by 3 minutes). :( We must keep our performace G-Rated at all times. ;)
  6. skygolas Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah the dvd gets out august 28th and the dvd collector in novemeber , the 8th i believe :D
  7. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    *Haldir opened his E-Mails and saw this letter*

Dear Sir,

I am an Uruk of Mordor, charged with the discovery of a number of valuable treasures within Moria. It has come to my notice that the mithril hoard previously owned by Ori of the land of Moria has been found by one of our cave-trolls. Under our laws, the hoard will be shared between our lord Sauron and the local Balrog, but so far neither knows the extent of the treasure.

Sir, I come to you as a respectful businessperson in order that we may derive some profit ourselves from this venture, I would wish that I could arrange for the transfer of half of the find to yourself, costing roughly 20,000 silver pennies. From this amount, I will then arrange for a further such that 25% remains your own, 5% goes for sundry costs (including hire of strong Rohan horses for use in transportation), 5% is given in bribe to the cave troll to ensure the quantity reported to our respective Lords is adjusted, 65% belongs to myself and my fellow Orcs.

In order that this be accomplished, I ask only that you provide details of:
    Your willingness to participate in this venture
    Confirmation that you will not speak of this venture to anyone else,
    or wear any magic rings
    Your race and land of residence
    The location of your local Palantir or identity of your preferred message-carrying bird or beast
    Your given name, and any name you are known by in the Western lands
    The number of ponies you possess.

I look forward to your returning correspondence,which can be whispered to any passing magpie. I trust that you will ensure that no other dark feathered birds come to hear of this transaction.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  8. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    For those who had signed up for to do LOTR Costumes (Ringwraith Sneak Preview Attack, LOTR Costume Parade & MAC 2003), I'm considering organized an interaction gathering this Sept School Holiday or late Nov. Probably on a Sat or Sun.

Can make it? ?[face_plain]

Anyhow, here's the official recruitment announcement:

"So it begins . . . ."--Theoden, The Two Towers

A LOTR Cosplay/Costume Group is being formed for 4 major events in December 2003 and March 2004, inclusive of the 2nd day of MAC 2003.

We are inviting anyone who are planning to do or own LOTR Costumes to join the group on either dates to show the public and the world that LOTR Fanforce is strong in Singapore. Guidances will be provided when asked for and costuming & props making sessions may get organized from Nov onwards.

Currently, we urgently need
    -Merry
    -Pippin (best buddies are highly recommanded)
    -Bilbo
    -Saruman the White
    -Gandalf the White (or Grey)
    -Ringwraith No. 4, 6, 8 & 9

We also need other characters to be filled in:

-Gil_Galad
    -Haldir [face_love] [face_love]
    -Orophin
    -Rumil
    -Uruviel
    -Fereveldir
    -Figwit
    (etc, etc)

-Faramir
    -Denethor II

-Theoden
    -Theodred
    -Eomer
    -Hama
    -Gamling

-Isildur
    -Elendil

-Saruman
    -Wormtongue

-Gollum

Misc Characters:
    -Orcs
    -Goblins
    -Easterlings
    -Haradrim

-Elves
    -Elven Soldiers
    -Elven Archers

-Riders of Rohan
    -Gondor Soldiers
    -Gondor Rangers
    -Dunedain Rangers

-Hobbits
    -Ents

PM me to verify which characters/costumes are still available.

We don't mind repeated Characters but we do mind repeated Costumes.

So what are u all waiting for? PM me if interested!

Please try to get more people to join the group, especially for the Parade and MAC 2003 okay? :D
    />/>
  9. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey u guyz know where i can get the Evenstar. And the cost ??
  10. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Cheapest is to get online from New Line Cinema Shop at SG$200+ (plus shipping). In Singapore will cost $288.

Unless u are refering to the Rubies one which is a lot cheaper and think best to wait and see if TRU will bring it in for Halloween before ordering online.
  11. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    *Gulp* $288!!?? [face_shocked] oookay. Dun they have anything cheaper? Something that looks like it not something fancy..
  12. siaosaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    is this what u want to buy?
    [image=http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_21e8d0cfa077d4284374f5fc3518e7e8/i-1.JPG]

sorry . never watch LOTR before.
  13. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yup thats the Evenstar alright. Is that yours?? Are u selling?
  14. siaosaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    no, thats not mine .sorry. well , you can look into ebay to see if there is any cheap grab.
    or you can take a look here:
    http://www.lord-rings-merchandise.com/store/Arwens_Pendant.html

15. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    hey thanks bro, appreciate it.
  16. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yazid, the cheapest will be the Rubies one (less than USD15?) and I recommand u wait till around Halloween in case TRU bring it in. If not and u still want, I can get my friend in US to buy it for us together with the ears near/after Halloween.

And for your info, DON'T order the LOTR jewelleries from other sites including eBay and Y!Auction except NLC and Nobel Collection cause they always put extra USD10-50 to the merchandise w/o shipping and handlings (unless it's pricetag is lower than what NLC and NC offering). Shop around first for the best price (item + shippings) before choosing. The SGD200 total (item + shipping) pricetag was given to me by Paradoxigirl who had ordered Everstar from NLC and received it.
  17. Faiz Jedi Knight

star 3
    DAMN, now i'm wondering if i should get that or a diamond ring for my gf.... BLEH.... girls? which would be more appreciated?

i would like to think that diamond rings would be more accepted right? but my gf's a LOTR person as well and she wanted that arwen's pendant as well. (then again she's ALWAYS joking bout me getting a diamond ring...) i wish i could get both but that would leave me.... x_x

comments and advice ppl?
  18. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  19. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Just asking how near Halloween are we talking bout? 1 week, 2 weeks? when is Halloween anyway?
  20. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Usually about 1 month before and after Oct 31st.

I'm asking my friend to get me the Ears around that time too IF the Ears are indeed unavailable at none of the Costume Shops here (3 down, 1 more to check out personally).

I have to get the Rubies Everstar too anyway.
  21. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Check TRU and the person said to start checking all their outlets from the first week of Oct onwards. ;)
  22. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Faiz: take my advice if u dare, just take her to a candlelight dinner, bring her to somewhere quiet and pass her the Evenstar whilst saying, Asi dua tuo'thor. U or le. A u or lin. ( not sure of the spelling) =the darkness does not hold sway yet, not over u, not over me. Sure to make her HAPPY one. And, roses. Its a must.
  23. Faiz Jedi Knight

star 3
    i think i'll settle for a diamond ring first, then KIV the everstar. anyway candlelight if the situation deems for it and if i can afford it lol, anyway she prefers tulips, and i've done that recently so if i do it again it'll kinda spoil the flowers' value. anyway we're having a mini getaway this coming weekend at royal plaza (i think) the one opp far east plaza. we're gonna have so much fun! finally a vacation... ^^

here's a pic of her, for those interested to see and have not yet seen, ^^
    [image=http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~m.faiz/jacNme.jpg]
  24. siaosaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    ok, that's 3 faces i know on this board now.

yeah, diamond ring is a wise choice, Faiz. its more practical . right, girls? ;p
  25. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey Faiz,

That pic looks REALLY familiar, now where on earth could that pic have been taken... huh huh??? ;) ;)

JediJean's bein' kinda cheeky again! :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.