main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Lord of the Rings Opening Day in theatres

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by synchroniz3r, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synchroniz3r

synchroniz3r Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2002
    acrylic rod.. hmm then u gotta ask those D&T students. I'm sure they can get their sec sch D&T teachers to do it for them..

If not then u gotta try specific hardwareshops but that is alot more difficult.

2. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    gross clare, gross.

:: Squirts some lemon juice ::

Gross indeedee doodee.

3. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    hello there, haven't been here for long time.

just let you know there is this website about Lord of the Rings' costume:

http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/

maybe it's useful for you. have fun. :)

4. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Welcome back, hazel! How are you?

DE - Think I can try and use fallen tree branches? :p Looking forward to end of exams (one more day left!!) then can run around looking for materials :D I think maybe I don't have a sword as part of the costume lah. Hard to get/make.

I don't think we can get an acrylic rod from our school D&T block, mostly wood and sheets of plastic only, I think, but I'll help you ask around :)

5. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Hi Clare, I am fine. My baby is coming out soon, so I will disappear for a while. But I will post my baby's picture as soon as I have time to sitting in front of computer.

All the best to you! :)

6. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    hazel - Have a safe delivery and a healthy baby, and may the Force be with you :)

7. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    May the force be with you too. :)

8. synchroniz3r

synchroniz3r Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2002
    May the Force by with u 2 :)

9. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    may the force be with you too! :D God bless.

10. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Went to Alaric's today and saw Sting and Glamdring (but the colour of the hilt was black, not blue! ?[face_plain]) on sale at $660 and $600 respectively.

11. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hi, Hazel! :) Hope you'll have a safe delivery too! :)

Heehee, JediClare, you should as that'll add to a more realitic look to the whole costume. ;) Just don't get/pull that off the wrong tree okay or you wouldn't get a good night sleep anymore. ;)

I can't think about school these days too as long as I don't send off my costumes to the seamstress (by end of next week I hope!). :p And someone told me to reconsider what fabrics I should use for my Adam Kadmon costume to give it the more "Holy" and Flowy look. :eek:

Hmm, 20 more days till my vacation starts and I got lots of stuffs to settle like finish painting my helmet and settle my membership with the 501st as I'm getting sick of being TR252-Pending for nearly a year now! :eek: And I want to settle that Outpost story too!

12. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Die... Is it really going to premiere on the 18th?
    Cos if it is then I cant go, going overseas on the 17th to 23rd for hols...

13. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    DE - [face_laugh] :D

delta7_interceptor - Awww... :p Aiyah, go and watch TTT in costume during your vacation lah. But you might get held up at customs for unlicensed possession of weapons. :D

14. delta7_interceptor

May 10, 2002
    You are just so farnee clare... I can like lug everything to japan and watch it in freaking jap which i dun understand... Anyway, i plan to use the time there to shop and sight-see and not go and watch dubbed movies...

15. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    delta7_interceptor - Yes, thank you for telling me that I'm funny. :p That's the point mah -- must upset your plans. Cannot follow a rigid schedule. So inflexible then if unforeseen circumstances pop up, you can't change a lot of things.

Nvm. I'm talking crap. :D

16. delta7_interceptor

May 10, 2002
    Cannot liddat laaaaaa... plan until so nice den smt come along and destroy... I will cry wan can?

:: Pssst... do u realise that we are carrying this 'conversation' out in like matters of seconds :: And dun think dirty bout the psssst...

17. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Of course seconds lah. Then years ah. :p

That's why you shouldn't follow rigid plans. Once something comes along and upsets things, you cry. ;)

About the 'psssst'...I wasn't even thinking dirty about it until you mentioned it. :D

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    *DE light up*

Japan? who's going to Japan? Maybe I can . . . :D

*Look into my wallet . . . moths come out . . . *

Darn! :(

19. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, I'm certainly glad I can catch TTT at the cinema because my NS enlistment isn't so soon. I had thought it'd be earlier

:)

20. delta7_interceptor

May 10, 2002

:: wails loudly ::

Is it really confirm on that date?

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    That's sound good! :)

So the most likely time you'll be going in if with Army will be around Feb, isn't it?

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    18th Dec is US release date, for Singapore it could be the same, earlier or later. But most likely the same..

Yeah it's in 2003, don't know if that's good or bad. Good that I can enjoy more before I go in, but it might also mean I miss Episode III in 2005. Sob :(

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, nomal NS is about 2 1/2 year, 3 years if you're an Officer, so you'll be out in mid to late 2005 (2006 if Officer! :eek: ). Maybe if you're lucky, you can take leave for a day with us for the 1st day showing only. ;)

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha DE, you know as well as I do that I don't just want to catch it on the opening day.. :D

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, we can also pull that trick again on the Sat before if we didn't get employed that night. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.