SNG Lord of the Rings Opening Day in theatres

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by synchroniz3r, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimbilili-k-s Jedi Knight

star 2
    18th dec...hm...the costume is really a headache.
  2. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    True, true! :)

I still not sure how much it gonna cost me cause I got to know the shop I usually get for my tailoring had a change of management so there may be an increase in price. :_| (must remember to stay I'm still in school! must remember to stay I'm still in school!)
  3. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    xcuse me....
    I haven't been here 4 sumtime so can anibody fill me in about what is going on.
    Is any dates confirmed?

L
    L
    L
    L
    LLLLL
  4. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Still Dec 18th or Dec 19th or Dec 17th for LOTR:TTT Premiere, lah! :)
  5. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Let's hope it's 17th...then we can have a Legolas with us :D
  6. delta7_interceptor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah... sighz... now I'm so depressed when I think of the TTT premiere coz I will not be able to go if it is really on the Dec 18th...
  7. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    For those who need walking sticks for their costumes, you can go to Spotlight Cloth Section and get them. I ask the aunty at the counter wherther these cardboard tubes that previous hold the cloth are available, and she replied I can take them if I want. And think it'll be better if you also buy something there before asking for those cardboard tubes. ;)
  8. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Oh no! ST's LIFE! had announced that LOTR:TTT will premiere in Singapore on Dec 19th (Thur). :(

It's really gonna be a busy week for us! :eek:
  9. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    That means delta7_interceptor won't be able to go. :(

The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy - The Exhibition is coming to Singapore!

Streats . Friday, October 18, 2002 . page 39

Lord of the Rings' S'pore stopover

An exhibition based on the Lord of the Rings fantasy trilogy will open at the Museum of New Zealand in December, and then tour to museums in London, Boston, Singapore and Sydney.

The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy - The Exhibition will showcase original costumes, film footage, props and special effects from the three films based on JRR Tolkien's books, said Museum of New Zealand spokesman Paul Brewer.

A museum gallery will be turned into Middle-earth - the mythical home of the trilogy's main characters, the pint-sized, furry-footed hobbits.

Visitors will be met by the main characters and other creatures from writer-director Peter Jackson's adaptation of Tolkien's books.

Visitors will experience some of the film's special effects first hand. The exhibition will also feature interviews with the cast, crew and Jackson.
  10. delta7_interceptor Jedi Knight

star 1
    AAAAIIIIIIIIIIIII... WHEN IS IT COMING??????

yeah, sad sad I can't make it... have fun with your costumes...
  11. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Aaaaaaarrrrrrhhhhhhhhh!!!! :eek: :eek: When? Where? When? I want to see all the costumes in person! :D

And hope it's around Dec 19th too so we all go there in our costumes. ;)

Delta7_interceptor, don't feel too sad, leh! :) Maybe we can go watch LOTR: TTT again in costumes together when you come back?
  12. delta7_interceptor Jedi Knight

star 1
    DE - haha, that is a possibility... My trip will end on the 23rd... So maybe a christmas gathering???
  13. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sure! :) We'll set the date as the day draws nearer.

I went to see the new seamstress today (same shop, different management) and she said she will charge me SGD90 for the Arwen Gown and SGD180 (90+90) for my cosplay costume (Gown, vest & wrap skirt & crinoline?), and have them done by early Dec. Still a good price IMHO so I'll send off the materials next week (before she "close" shop end of this month due to the Hari Raya orders!). :D One Arwen on the way! :D

Haahaa, you all really getting me hooked onto LOTR, eh? Now must finish reading the novels. ;)
  14. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey guyz. You mean the main characters that will be going to be at the exhibition will be the real actors or some lousy double.
    If it really is the real actors, then YIPPIEEEE!!
  15. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It'll probably be the real actors/actresses behind the main characters on the Opening Day and costumed doubles for the rest of the exhibition. But I wonder where in Singapore they gonna have the exhibition. ?[face_plain]

Heehee, maybe we can do some "volunteering" work on the opening day of the exhibition by coming in our LOTR costumes? :D

Anyhow, I read this at the LOTR Costuming ML:
    "New Zealand gets the exhibit December 19th. Then London, Boston, Singapore and Sydney"

Hmmm . . . . [face_plain]

16. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Arrrrrhhhhh!!! :eek: Guess my question had been answered here

THE LORD OF THE RINGS MOTION PICTURE TRILOGY - THE EXHIBITION
    17 October 2002

In anticipation of the release of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, the central instalment in writer/director/producer Peter Jackson's epic trilogy based on the J.R.R. Tolkien masterpiece, Te Papa proudly announces a world exclusive and a bold and innovative museum experience: The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy - The Exhibition, opening on 19 December.

The exhibition has been developed over two years in conjunction with New Line Cinema, the producers of the film trilogy. Te Papa has been granted exclusive rights to produce this museum exhibition which will be toured internationally after its season at Te Papa to the Science Museum, London; Science Museum, Boston; Science Museum, Singapore and the Powerhouse Museum, Sydney.

The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy - The Exhibition will be interactive and immersive. It will give visitors to Te Papa a unique opportunity to explore the fantastic world created for the film trilogy and the groundbreaking technology behind the movies.

The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy - The Exhibition features film footage, props, costumes and artefacts from the movies, including armoury, animatronics and miniatures, as well as computer and mechanical interactives. Also featured are exclusive interviews with the cast, crew and director of the films.

Visitors will be transported into the world of Middle-earth. They will be met by the main characters including Frodo and his hobbit companions, the wizards and other magical creatures, the Black Riders, the cultures of Middle-earth, the monstrous creations of evil and the warriors. All dressed in the actual costumes used in the films.

Using a variety of devices, the major technological and thematic aspects of the films will be explored.
    The exhibition will also enable visitors to enjoy first hand some of the films special effects. For example, a section dealing with scaling explores how the film-makers made normal actors appear to be hobbit or wizard-sized using an ingenious mix of trick photography, forced perspective sets and props made at different scales. Visitors can experience this by being photographed in a set from the film and see how the technology works.

Visitors can also team up in an interactive which demonstrates how live action and carefully controlled miniature photography are combined to make many of the most impressive scenes from the films. One participant is filmed against a blue screen while another controls a camera which tracks over a miniature of the stairs of Moria. The two images are combined, placing the visitor 'in the scene'.

The exhibition culminates in an immersive encounter with the Ring itself. In the middle of a dark, atmospheric space is the central icon from the films, and visitors will hear and see faces and voices of the stories main characters urging Frodo to use or destroy the ring or return it to its master?.

Throughout the exhibition, visitors will also be able to touch some of the actual weaponry, armour and costumes that have been used in the film.

"Te Papa is thrilled to bring to the public of New Zealand and then international audiences the wonderful, ground breaking creativity of Peter Jackson and his team", said Te Papa's Acting Chief Executive, Pat Stuart, today. "It's a fascinating story on so many levels and says much about the great talent in this country. It is fitting that New Zealand audiences will be the first to go 'behind-the-scenes' and see the creation of these epic films, Pat Stuart said."

The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy - The Exhibition opens at Te Papa on 19 December 2002. Admission charges apply. A contribution will be made to the Embassy Theatre Trust.

That means we most likely gonna have it at the Singapore Science Centre! Yippieee!! :D />/>
  17. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know if I would want to go to the exhibition in costume. Mine (if I manage to get one done) would really pale in comparison to the actual costumes. :p Another thing I don't like about it being in the Science Centre is that I usually don't have an enjoyable experience with interactive exhibits there, because most of the time there's usually so many people, unless it's a non-school holiday weekday. Plus it'll be the holidays during the exhibition, so it'll be even more crowded, I think.

But apart from those, it's gonna be cool. :D

Has anyone tried to learn Quenya, or how to write Tengwar or Angerthas, etc.? It's driving me crazy. Tengwar is insane. :p :S
  18. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Heehee, it's the effort in making the costumes that counts! :)

I think we gonna have it somewhere around the March or June Holiday since it's starting in NZ first. I assume too that they gonna have the exhibition there and at each locations for at least a month.

Hmm, maybe if we are to go in costume, we go during weekday and from the time the exhibition open (10am? 11am?). ;) Better chance lor.

Just hope they don't think we are part of the exhibition! :p
  19. delta7_interceptor Jedi Knight

star 1
    Haha, goot, goot, if it is during march hols then we will be quite free... But there WILL be a lot of people there, all the kiasu parents trying to cram their kids heads with science knowledge...

Erm, then I will be extra again :D with no costume... ;) , clare, is your offer of ragdast the brown still open?
  20. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
  21. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Taiwan had released some clear detailed pictures (probably promotion banners) of the major characters from TTT and posted here:

TTT Banners

Man! I really want to kick myself for spending so much on the lace for the gown (SGD25.50 for 1.5m). :_| I could had gotton some kind of red fabric with brownish designs on it (brocade or kasa rubia/pattern silk/satin fabrics) for the body part of the Gown and one of those brownish Indian Laces for the trimmings.

[image=http://www.ha-movie.com/photo/%AE%FC%B3%F8%C0%5D/021025a.jpg]

And now I can really see that the Gown is 2 pieces: Jumper and Inner Gown/Blouse (for me I had choose for it to be 1 piece with back hidden dress zip).
  22. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    DE, you spent $25.50/1.5m for the lace?! :eek: Expensive...or is that the usual price of lace :p

And how do you tell how many pieces the gown is in? ::stares at the picture:: Just looks like a lot of red and black cloth to me... :p
  23. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I bought a "high end" yellow-gold color French Lace from Arab Street cause the $8-10/m ones didn't please me due to its color, design or thickness. It the best quality one, not too hard nor too soft, with trimming along the width of the fabric. The actual price of the lace was $25/m but since the shop had just opened, it was $17/m. Guess I can't resist a bargain, especially that I did a saving for the Silk Velvet which was $16/m but I got it at $12 (donno what got into the seller ;) ). Anyway, my budget for the lace was $30 for 2 metres.

As for the gown, well, I can see that the so called "cap sleeves" were actually part of the trimmings on the inner blouse. The blouse has a very, wide collar that the centre of it(the trimming) is just on top of the end of her shoulder while the other end of the trimming protrut onto the top part of her upper arms, that it's probably added on after the blouse had been sew and does not get sew at the part on top of the upper arms. The trimmings also probably of the thickest type or had some backing sew onto it to make it thicker.

As for the "Black" jumper, I see it as having no strap made from the Silk Velvet; the lace/trimming sew along the collar of the jumper goes along the collar (and in the process covering part of the end of the inner blouse collar trimming) and over it to the shoulder to become the strap.

Both Blouse and Jumper are probably sew into 1 piece, maybe by the shoulder or side or with little "invisible" stitchs at the waist or back, thus giving the illusion that the Gown is 2 pieces.

The sleeves also seems to have lining, probably some kind of Satin or Silk as it got the sheen.I can also see the part where the velvet & lining are sew from the wrong side (this is what I'm trying to achieve with all my cloak that has lining); if it had been no lining, there probably have some kind of hem on the inside of the sleeves.

The fabric used for the blouse also has some kind of sheen, like silk, pattern satin or "kasa-rubia".

The big sleeves are still Silk Velvet in my eyes.

Hmm, maybe all this will be clearer if I draw it out? Maybe later after my exams. ;)
  24. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Okay, so what's the current status of the no. of people dressing up in LOTR costumes for this Dec 19th Premiere? :D
  25. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Me...if I can get it done. :p I still think I'm insane, especially without a sewing machine. But I can try -- no, wait. Do. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.