main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Lord of the Rings Opening Day in theatres

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by synchroniz3r, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. :D

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, we can always take up Winbros' offer last time. :D I can provide another sewing machine for that little "get-together" too. ;)

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Ok this is official: I'm not dressing up. :D

But if u don't mind a modern looking guy in a group of medieval ones, I could help out. You should know what I mean~ :)

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Anything, lah! As long as we can have another FanForce Outing as the FanForce is not just about talking in this forum. ;)

Or we can throw something on you and say you're someone from Middle Earth too. [face_laugh]

5. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, so far the list reads:
    1) DE - Arwen

JediClare, who will you be dressing up as?

Is anyone here intending to dress as Frodo?

And who's going as Legolas?

Yeah, yeah, I know lots of questions, but hey, that's just me! ;)

I still haven't decided whether or not to dress up, 'cos for one thing my pocket is complaining, and for another, I STILL can't decide who to dress up as - haha! :)
    Will keep you posted though.....

Jazz, maybe I might go and dress the same as you...??
    (ie. wearing my own clothes)

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Frodo should be Yazid while Sidious said he want to do Saruman.

JediClare will still be Gandalf while Synchroniz3r said he more for Ringwraith.

Kimbilili-k-s said interested in Arwen (Chase Dress?) while Faiz ?[face_plain]

Anyone else? :D

7. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    You know, for anyone who is going as Legolas, maybe you could bring a modern composite bow instead of those used in the past. Haha, that'd be really funny~ :)

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Or bring a little one like that fellow used in "The Gods Must Be Crazy". [face_laugh]

Okay, lah! Maybe we can find some alternative in creating props for the members who need them.

Hmm, JediClara, found the piece of branchefor your prop?

9. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    What's The Gods Must Be Crazy? ?[face_plain]

Kim won't be going, her parents don't allow her :(

DE - I haven't found a suitable branch yet (the one we used for the class's LOTR Tinúviel choral speaking was too short :D), but I'm thinking of using papier-mache to make it.

10. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Guyz does anyone here have short bermudas and an UGLY piece of clothes like the one FRODO uses. And I need a wig too. I already got my elven cape under control and I dun need shoes either.

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    What's The Gods Must Be Crazy?

It's that movies, lah; about this African Bushman who met with some Caucasians, stuffs from our modern time like coke bottle etc. He also appeared in 1-2 Hong Kong movie and their (his tribe) speak in a language that consist mostly of click and chuck.

Here's the VHS version of it:
    The Gods Must Be Crazy

The Gods Must Be Crazy 2

Hmm, for the staff, maybe you just use a mop handle (wood or plastic) as the base than paper mache it to make it look closer. Just a advice in case you have to buy the dowel, I think it's cheaper if you buy it from the hardware store or provision stores as part of a mop/dustpan/broom or alone. I think I saw Saga City selling the wooden dowel alone for a couple of dollars ($4-5 if I'm not mistaken) when I bought it as part of a dustpan for a few dollars.

But don't forget to give it the layers of Finisher/Laquer to make sure it'll be "Waterproof" later. ;)

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmm, I got a Dark Brown Shirt but donno where it can fit into your Frodo costume and whether can fit you (it's just nice for me). [face_plain]

13. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey guyz those of u who are sure on coming to LOTR opening day plz signal your intentions here.
    Plz come anyone cos we want to make it as big as possible.
    ANY THOUGHTS... ANYONE.

14. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    i wanna go as aragorn... but no money for costume, lol

15. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    I was just at Caesar's today, and the guy there told me that they are gonna bring in a few new LOTR swords at the end of this month.

At the moment, they have Frodo's Sting sword, Gandalf's sword, and the sword used by the Witch-King - all of which cost $400+ NOT including if you want them to be in a casing (this costs about $100 more).

Among the new swords which will be coming in at the end of the month are the ones used by Aragorn, Arwen, the Uruk-hai (I think), and Narsil (the sword which was used to kill the Dark Lord Sauron) - all of which cost $400+ as well, except the Uruk-hai one which costs $280-$290+ (if I remember correctly).

They are also gonna bring in the Shards of Narsil at the end of the month, which is a special signed limited edition version of the Narsil sword (can't remember how much this costs).

There will also be a scabbard for Sting coming in (costing around $100+) at the end of the month.

16. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Oh yah, one more thing...

Caesar's is also bringing in 3 small letter opener-sized LOTR swords at the end of the month, and they are much more affordable, costing around $60+ each - phew! <-- that's my pocket breathing a sigh of relief! :D

I'm not sure which 3 swords will be available in this smaller size though...

I may be getting one of these miniatures for myself, but that really depends on how good a shape my pocket is in by then - haha! :p

17. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    I have no money to buy so I guess Frodo will be having Lightsaber this year. :)

18. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Among the new swords which will be coming in at the end of the month are the ones used by Aragorn, Arwen, the Uruk-hai (I think), and Narsil (the sword which was used to kill the Dark Lord Sauron)

Isn't Narsil the same as the sword that Aragorn uses (Anduril ?)? I mean, they're the same sword, right, unless I've gotten it all wrong...

I wouldn't call a $60+ letter opener affordable...okay, maybe slightly affordable, but insanely expensive :p

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Isn't Ceaser's Gun Gallery stuffs very, very expansive?

Anyone got any reports from LionHeart at Clark Quay if they got the LOTR weapons too?

Okay, plans in case there is no special premiere of TTT we can attend; we do what we do for the AOTC Premiere. :D

20. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Yeah, Caesar's is rather expensive, but I just happened to be in the vicinity yesterday, and I thought that I would check it out.

Just wanted to share that info here, in case anyone else is looking out for the LOTR swords etc.

Haven't checked out Lionheart yet though.....

Another place that has brought in the swords before is Alaric's, dunno what the prices are like there as well... thought of popping into the place yesterday, but by the time I reached that part of town, I think it was already a bit too late - haha! :p

BTW, is it just me or are ALL the shops STILL selling the 2-Disc version of the LOTR DVD??

I've been searching for the LOTR 4-Disc DVD and/or the LOTR Gift Box Set (with the 2 pointing statues), but I haven't seen them around at all.

Well, at least they are NOT available at the following places that I visited yesterday:
    - Blue Max (Suntec)
    - Tower Records (Suntec)
    - HMV Citilink
    - HMV Heeren
    - ex-Music Warehouse (which is now another Gramophone outlet)
    - LaserFlair (Peninsula)
    - Carrefour
    - Borders

I'll be checking out Parkway's MPH and Blue Max later today, so if I see anything interesting, I'll post again.

21. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I checked at Alaric's sometime in mid-October. They had Sting and Glamdring then, I didn't see anything else, but I didn't ask either [face_blush] They were both going for $600+ each. Don't know whether that has changed now, though.

22. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    its medieval lion, not lion heart, lol.

and yes they do carry lotr swords, but i cant remember which ones.

i suggest going there now coz they have 30% discount on all items.

23. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    witch-king ???? I'm not sure which character you are talking about... :p

The swords were very impressive, but they seemed rather... long... for us... :p

maybe I'm too short. LoL

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, wear plaform shoes. :p

Wait, my SW friend (aka Dr. D) is screeming at me about the dangers of wearing platform shoes again (try to recommand it to Shawn).

Well, come worse to worse, can try to make out of paper, aluminium sheet, wood . . . etc.

25. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Faiz, thanks for correcting me - I wasn't really sure what the name of that shop was anyways :p [face_blush] I do believe that Lionheart is actually part of the name of some Final Fantasy character, right?? Or am I mistaken again...oops! :p [face_blush]

delta7_interceptor, y'know, I'm not too sure which character the Witch-King is either - haha! :p Just repeating whatever I saw on the box of the sword :D

BTW, everyone, I FINALLY found the LOTR 4-Disc DVD (Code 1) selling at Blue Max (Parkway Parade), and the price was also quite reasonable, if you ask me. It was selling for $59.90, which is not bad for 4 discs, plus it is a Code 1 DVD! :) Still, I was looking out for the LOTR Gift Box Set with the 2 pointing statues, but they don't have it yet. They said they would contact me and let me know if and when it comes in.

Blue Max (Parkway Parade) were also selling the AOTC DVD (Code 1) for just $39.90, but you have to pay in cash only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.