main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Lord of the Rings Opening Day in theatres

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by synchroniz3r, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Everybody seems to be getting the 4 disc LOTR DVD... sigh too bad I already have the 2 disc one. :(

2. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Juz some info I got in my email today.....

Taken from "Entertainment Today" - Thursday, November 14, 2002

MCKELLEN THE NEXT DUMBLEDORE?

"Lord of the Rings" star Ian McKellen says he, too, has heard the rumors about his taking over the role of Albus Dumbledore in the next Harry Potter film. Richard Harris, the actor who originated the role of Hogwarts' beloved dean, Professor Dumbledore, died of Hodgkin's disease last month.

Writing on his official Web site, McKellen confirmed he had been discussed for the part before Harris died, but did not say whether he had recently been approached by Warner Brothers or anyone else connected to the popular franchise. McKellen also did not say whether he would consider such an offer. In answer to a fan's plea that he continue Harris' legacy by taking over the role of Dumbledore, McKellen wrote:

"Richard Harris was a smashing young actor and had his own style subsequently, which was enviable. I met him 10 years ago at the rock 'n' roll hotel Sunset Marquis in L.A. He was in the bar, drinking soda with two miniature poodles at his feet. He was like a character in a Jacques Tati movie. When recently he criticized me and others for being passionless actors I supposed he might be a little upset that I had landed the superior wizard on screen. But acting isn't a competition of course. I still haven't seen the first H(arry) P(otter). Before Richard Harris died there was an enquiry from the Potter camp about filching Gandalf. The Grey or the White was not specified," McKellen said.

Harris appeared in last year's "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and its sequel, "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets," due out this Friday. He died shortly before filming was set to begin on the third film based on the J.K. Rowling series.

McKellen has completed filming the three films in the acclaimed "Lord of the Rings" films.

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmm, that sounds good. If McKellen think he can do it (i.e. give as good or better performance than Richard Harris), why not? :)

4. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    if i'm not wrong, the witch-king sword is the sword of leader of the nazgul, aka the ringwraiths

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The "The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy ? The Exhibition" will be at Museum of New Zealand, Te Papa from Dec 19, 2002 for 10 weeks (ending around Feb 27th 2003?).

So it'll probably arrive in Singapore around 3rd to 4th quarter of next year, most likely in time for the LOTR: Return Of The King Premiere.

For those interested.

6. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    OK, now that is one exhibition that I won't want to miss! :)

7. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    But still sounds too long to wait.. 8-}

8. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    But at least it's still not as long as waiting for Episode 3 :(

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL! You are right! ;)

Anyhow, there're news that some Witches and Wizards will join us this Dec 19th LOTR Premiere. :)

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, the Premiere is barely a month away and I should be getting my costume after Hari Raya. :D

So, let us settle the stuffs for the viewing of the movie on Dec 19th like we did for May 16th and the "March" since some things seems to had fall through and somebody disappeared, while we might be getting extra baggage from some Harry Potter Cosplayers.

Hence, are you all pointing your fingers at me again to make the first move? ?[face_plain]

11. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    DE I would rather not march.

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, then we just move quickly from one point to another, lah! ;)

13. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Ok whaever lah :)

14. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    DE, what do you mean by we might be getting some extra baggage from HP cosplayers?

15. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Huh, what is Hally pothead ?

16. jedigoh

jedigoh Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Is there any outing to watch lord of the ring the two tower????? :>

17. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Yah hor, where is the LoTR midnight premiere ?

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    As soon as someone recommand a place and time and schedule since the real organizer had gone missing . . . . [face_plain] He won't be back anyway . . .

I'm thinking Suntec on Dec 19th evening (since some people will be working and such) but not sure if Suntec's seat are good. I kinda hate seats that do not slope like at GV Bishan or Causewaypoint; prefer those like at Lido or Orchard Cineleisure.

Midnight one will depend on who are interested to go.

And someone got to take care of the ticketing again.

As for the HP people, one of the members of #starwars just ask them if they are interested in doing LOTR costumes (she also cosplay what!) but all say too broke and instead want to wear HP costume instead to "support" LOTR Premiere. So since the "organizer" is keeping mum with me about their plans, and some people I spoke to involved in our plan had protested, I guess it's just our FanForce group and probably #starwars.

How?

19. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Hey DE,

FYI - the seats at Suntec are sloping, so no worries about that.
    They are not placed on flat ground like in some of the cineplexes.
    And if you get the sofa seats (the so-called "love seats") which are right at the back, it can be pretty comfy too!
    Like watching the movie at home :)
    ( that is, if those seats are still there now, 'cos it's been some time since I last watched a movie there... haha! :p )

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmmm, so Suntec City then? :D

For those who want to go round taking photos before the screening, there are also places that looks a little Middle-Earth or suiting for the theme I think near there too! ;)

21. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Sutek City comfim har? I can go for Midnite premiere because now scool holiday!!! :) Meet where what time?

22. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I went to Suntec City yesterday to watch HP :p DE by 'places that look a little Middle-earth' do you mean the Rock place near the cinema? It's cool but it looks kinda 'posh' to me, though I've never been in there before...so dunno whether they'll allow a bunch of people dressed in weird costumes like us to take photos there :p

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, what I meant was places like CHIJMES, Bonsai Garden, Koi Pond, Suntec Convention Councourse (IF we are lucky & they didn't seal off the area due to some convention) Outside the City Link to Marina Square (That WaterWheel) etc etc.

But you got any comments about the condition (comfort, size etc) of the cinemas at Suntec? :D

Another alternative is the usual Lido, Orchard Cineplex (but no photography in the whole building :( ) & GV Grand.

And time of screening: Around 6pm again?

Anyway, did anyone entered the Dec 11 Screening contest in TODAY Weekend?

24. Sidious_101

Sidious_101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    So its conform...u fellas going in costume or just plain normal people

DE my saruman can't get erm LOW budget lah so if u fellas are going in costume then i'm coming as wring raith

kudos

25. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    I come in normal clothe because no time to make LoTR costume ( still concentrating on my Jedi Garb :D ) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.