main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Lord of the Rings Opening Day in theatres

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by synchroniz3r, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    I'm so saadd.. they are like playing the trailers everywhere i turn and when i think tt im not going to be in singapore when it premieres, i feel like crying.. haha, haf fun ppl at the premiere.. :D

2. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    my side says cine 8.30pm has 3 seats left. we can safely assume that there will be no more by then. how? should we cancel the premiere and watch on saturday or sunday instead?

3. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Aiyah take 5 o'clock 1 lah !

4. Sidious_101

Sidious_101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    all rigth then... so this sat wats the meeting up plan like? Meet where & When? :p

R.S.V.P

5. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    No, i don't think we should cancel because Sat got MAC and Sun u all got meeting.

6. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I did a quick online check again today and here are the showtimes available for us, if we wanna go watch the movie anytime from around 4pm - 7pm.

Cathay Orchard
    5.15pm, 6.00pm.

GV Marina
    5.20pm.

GV Plaza
    5.20pm, 6.20pm (selling fast!).

Lido Cineplex
    4.45pm, 5.15pm, 5.45pm.

EW Suntec
    4.15pm, 5.00pm.

So far, those who are interested in joining us include:

- Darth_Eagle
    - Sidious_101
    - Faiz and Friends
    - JediClare
    - xeno_kenobi

Hope I didn't leave anyone out.....

OK, so can the people on the list above please let me know which cinema you prefer going to, then I'll check with the cinema a day beforehand to see if I can get the tickets a day in advance from the box office.

I would prefer Lido or EW Suntec.
    What would you all prefer?

The cinema that gets the majority vote will be the one that we'll go watch the movie at, provided I can get the tickets when I visit the box office on Wednesday (18 Dec) to buy them. And if I can't get tickets for the 1st choice cinema, then I'll try the 2nd choice one.

7. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Go Lido ! :D

8. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    sounds nice, maybe the 5.45pm show at lido? coz i'm working till 5pm on thurs... so its a tough call...

9. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    JediJean - I'd like to join in too. I'd prefer Lido but anything else is ok actually. :)

10. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Hmm, 5.45pm sounds good. What time do we meet and where ? Outside ticket counter ?

11. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    OK, will try my best to get tickets for the 5.45 show at Lido, and the 2nd choice will be the 8.30 show at EW Suntec...

Leaving the house to get tickets now, will let you guys know the outcome as soon as I am able to! :)

12. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    JediJean had gotten 10 tickets for LOTR tomorrow:

Date: Thursday 19th Dec 2002
    Time: 5.45pm
    MEETING TIME: 4.30pm Orchard MRT Station (in front of control station)

Please state again who's grabing the 10 tickets and PM JediJean or me your HP no. if you haven't. ;)

13. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    One ticket for me, please.

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Sure! :)

EDIT:
    Okay, all 10 tickets had been taken up. Final count:
    -JediJean & Friend
    -JediClare
    -Sidious_101
    -Darth_Eagle
    -JaZzYjaZZ
    -Xeno-Kenobi & Friend
    -Yazid_Skywalker & Friend

Please be at Orchard MRT Station by 4.30pm okay. Then, we can all go for quick drink, discussions, photography etc etc near Lido before attending the show at 5.45pm.

15. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks to the both of you :D

Some LOTR fans that were in costume were on the news. There was a Frodo, an Ent, a Legolas and a Ringwraith. Their costumes weren't totally accurate but it was cool seeing them all the same. :p

btw did anyone see the review of TTT in Life!? It got five stars. We're gonna be in for a real treat. :p

16. TK-625

TK-625 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    Hmmm, I'm working tomorrow but I'll be around in your Meet AO to run some errands.

Think I'll do the fly on the wall bit and watch you guys from afar... :)

Have fun guys and stay safe.

17. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    So how many "Ring-bearers" are we gonna have with us tomorrow??
    haha! :p

Or will there be only ONE!! :eek:

"Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    ___Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    ___One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,
    In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.
    ___One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    ___One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie."

JediJean is now off to watch the FOTR DVD one more time, so that there will be a smoother transition going in to watch TTT tomorrow :D

18. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Thank You. I won't be going in costume, just normal clothes. DE , can u give me ur HP no. ? PM me.

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, maybe I'll be the Ring Bearer since I'll wear my gold ring on a chain. :p

Some LOTR fans that were in costume were on the news. There was a Frodo, an Ent, a Legolas and a Ringwraith. Their costumes weren't totally accurate but it was cool seeing them all the same

Ya I saw it too! And yesterday, there was a LOTR Party at Victoria Theater. I feel like tearing away my hair over all this fiasco. :_|

Xeno_Kenobi, sorry, my handphone is only for emergancy since I'm on Prepaid Card. :( Maybe JediJean can provide her no. to you through PM?

Oh and one more thing, check out this Kawaiii (Cute) UFO Doll
    Elrond
    Pity it cost USD300. :eek:

20. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I just returned from the GV Plaza screening of the 2 towers. all sold out. (BTW, my hall got this 2 rep throwing posters to the audiences. anyone at Plaza got posters too? I got one. :p )

Anyway, the beginning was really draggy and boring... the 1st hour... the action starts during the 2nd hour when Man goes to Helm's Deep.

(Sorry ah, but until now, I'm very confused with Gondo and Rohan. Those people in Helm's Deep, are they Gondor or Rohan? Are this 2 Kingdoms loggerheads?)

I heard so much rave reviews about the part when Gandalf battles the Balrog... but it was okay lar, not really exciting...

The best part gotta be the Battle at Helm's Deep. Wah! I've never seen such a large scale battle. All the ladder going up to the walls, SHIOK man! And Legolas invented the world's 1st Skateboard! The stupid Dwarf too short... hahahahhaa cannot see the battle!

It was really heartwaring to see the Elves coming at the 11th hour to help the man! And all the Elves DAMN COOL!

Gandalf also very "Zai", got brand new White Horse and now can win Saruman.

The Treebread also very funny. Notice the last part when one of the Tree kenna caught fire, he dipped his entire crown into the flooding river water! hahahahaha!

The whole of Saruman's tower flooded! And U just gotta look at his "Lao Lan" face to imagine how angry he was!

The ending was good. Make us anticipate the final episode. Can't wait to meet the spider.

And no wonder Peter Jackson wanna nominate Gollum as Best Supporting Actor in next year's Oscar! He acts really well, better than that Jar Jar. Hahahahahaha!

Overall, I ive the film 4 out of 5 stars. It's good, but I'm reserving the last star for the Return Of The King in Dec 2003!

21. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Extra ticket available for the 5.45 show at Lido, if anyone wants to go, please make sure to let me know... I'll be online until around 4.00pm.

Yazid... can u get anyone else who wants to come??

22. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Posted at 4.00pm Singapore Time:
    OK, so it looks like we have no takers for the extra ticket, and I gotta go meet the group now... ciao!

23. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Edit at 4.00pm Singapore Time:
    OK, so it looks like we have no takers for the extra ticket, and I gotta go meet the group now... ciao!

24. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Wah Piang , Just finished 2 hrs ago. Damn Bloody Chio Man !!! The battle at Helms Deep very nice. There was ladder pushin HeeHee, Killing and smearing blood all over.Muahahahahahahahahahaha !

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes it was GREAT! :D My jaw keep dropping onto the floor in amazament of the greatness of the movie, even through there are some differences between the novel and the movie. But a few things that I'm sad about is that as said by some people who had watch it earlier this month, a number of scenes that were shown in the trailers or seen/spoke of in some interviews/articles are missing. They probably be put into the extended DVDs version next year to make us buy the DVDs.

Heehee, gonna watch it again around next week and the week after next and the week after next next . . . . . :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.