main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Lord of the Rings outing?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    OK - tickets are ordered (9) and we are good to go Wed. night at 8. Are we still meeting in the OakView mall Food Court - and if so, what time?

2. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Well, I figure if we meet anytime between 7-7:30, that should give everyone enought time to get there. Ok, seeing how the mall is bound to busy, lets say we meet in the same area we did for Jay and Silent Bob...one of the long tables in the recessed area of the court. Then we'll skip over to the theaters about 7:35-7:40....Sound good?

3. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Okay ill tell jade... she should know where you guys are goin...

4. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    So am I the poor sod ordering tickets for next Saturday's outing? If I'm doing the buying, I need to know who all's going by 12pm noon on 12/21/01 at the absolute latest. Be sure to post here if you're definitely going on Saturday.

5. eskay_jedi

eskay_jedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2001
    Okay then, what nights are solid? I can do Wed. night after 7pm...that about does it for me. I can grab my own ticket to give myself a little cushion. My schedule changes very fast and I would hate to have someone by a ticket and then me not be able to make it...

6. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Cool, we are going to the Wed night 8 pm showing. Banthagrl got our tix. We're meeting in the Oak View foodcourt between 7-7:30ish.

7. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I'll be there. Any place in particular in the food court or will you just slap me on the back of the head as I walk by? ;)

8. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    Any place in particular in the food court or will you just slap me on the back of the head as I walk by?

[face_devil] [face_devil] :D

9. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Well that is very much a possiblity. But we usually meet down in the recessed sitting area, at one of the long tables. We're not hard to recognize.....

10. DarkJeedai

DarkJeedai Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2001
    Hey we were planning on seeing the movie...so hopefully we can catch you guys on either of the days. :)

Rob n Tara

11. DarkJeedai

May 19, 2001
    OK just to make sure today we are going to be meeting at the AMC 24 by Oakview Mall for the 8pm showing of Lord of the Rings? Where do we want to meet and what is the final headcount?

12. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I think about 9 and around the foodcourt 7-730ish

13. DarkJeedai

May 19, 2001
    sounds good we will meet you guys at the food court!

14. DarkJeedai

May 19, 2001
    Ahhh crap the tickets are sold out. :( I don't think we are going to be able to go with you all now...:( Unless you got 11 tickets?

15. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    I could kneecap PaperclipX and Dawmer for you! :D ;)

16. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Hey now!!!

17. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    So, how was it?

18. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Freaking awesome! I'm glad we all got to go together. It was a great time. A long film and my eyeballs were floating by the end but well worth the bladder problems later in life to see this thing all the way through. The visuals were simply amazing. Acting and character/actor decisions were very good. Some things left out, some things changed, but that's the way book to film translation goes. They had to have a little drama in the end. While reading the book I just wasnt' feeling suspense at all. The movie showed it to me. I'd see it again.

19. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Yes!!! Very good!! It seem to flow very well, never did drag...the opening perhaps, but it was very good at setting up the whole backstory, without dumbing it down. Knowing the story going in will help in some parts, but not knowing will in now way lessen the experience, in fact, it will make you want to read the book. Of course things were left out, and some things added, but like corran said, so is the way of book to movie magic.
    The effects, visuals, sounds, all were extremely well done. Acting was good, even from the Goonies kid, lol. An excellent movie, that I too would love to see again.

20. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    My Kneecap hurts!!! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.