main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Lord Of The Rings:The Two Towers

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by karateyoda17, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I withhold my response to Lando's post ;)

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm with Fluke on that one.

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    :::Greencat shrugs:::: Can't please everyone.

4. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    The Shire burns? Frodo and Bilbo go with Elves? Saruman dies?! Ya know SW spoilers dont faze me too much. I try to know everything about the films before I saw them. But I would like to be spoiler free for the LOTR's movies, since I am somewhere in the beginning of ROTK. I cant wait to see how they put in the Ents. Helm's Deep will be cool and yes, I hope they have Gimli and Legolas keeping count. They said this one will be shorter then FOTR, so a 45 minute battle seems highly unlikely. I mean can you seriously sit there and watch a constant battle? Half way through Id be like *slumps* come on already, lets end it! And I dont like Shelob not being in this one, cause it should be. Its a major event and character/monster. *sighs* Oh well.

5. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Dude whats the big deal? If Boromirs death didnt bother you in FOTR, then there is no reason shelob being in ROTK should eather! Just wait, Shelob will be worth the wait :) I am almost positive! But to tell you the truth, I am deadly affraid of spiders, so its understandable that I can wait, being its a freakin HUGE spider!

6. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    As far as our comments being spoilers, I'd have to disagree. The books have been out for decades. It's not like the vast majority of fans don't already know what's going to happen. The difference with SW is that we DON"T know what's going to happen.

Sorry if we spoiled things for you.

In any event, I can't wait to see Sauron's demise. I wonder how Hollywood will portray that?

7. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    Well its just that since Im reading the book still, Id like to find out whats gonna happen while reading it. But some of the chapters in the book tell you pretty obviously whats gonna happen.....like the "The Scouring of the Shire" and such. But about Borimir dying too soon. I at first didnt like it. I mean, this movie was gonna be successful no matter what. People will flock in droves to see TTT's, and to have one of the 9 die right at the beginning would be a big shock to those who dont know whats about to happen. So having him die in FOTR was I guess a good thing. Especially when beforehand Gandolf "died". You think, geez the whole group is going one by one. But theres a big suprise for those who dont know whats about to happen in TTT's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.