main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Lord of the Rings: Two Towers - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Haggis, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Famous players anounced today that Lord of the Rings advanced tickets are now on sale. You can buy advanced tickets here.

I would recommend planning a FanForce activity around this momentus occation. What would be a good time for everyone. I propose that we aim for the 12:00 (noon) showing on Wednesday. It will then leave time for us to do other things afterwards, rather than trying to do things at 4:00 in the morning.

Post any comments or suggestions that you may have here.

2. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Hmmm, well it doesnt matter to me which one is the "Official" showing. I don't know about any of you but im sure am going at midnight. But i'll wanna see it at least twice :)

3. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    That is a good idea Darth_Haggis...

Additionally, I am going to see the midnight showing for sure as well, wouldn't be able to resist it...

But I am more than open to seeing it again the next day of course... once will NOT be enough for this movie, I guarantee it... :)

Just FYI, when I spoke to Silver City last night, they said they had sold 47 out of 450 tickets for the midnight showing so far...

Indy

4. astrozombie

astrozombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm not too sure about the double showing...midnight events are becoming something of a tradition for me - and even though I DEFINATELY will see it multiple times, my body (and pocketbook) may not approve of a swift return to Rohan.

we shall see...
    astrozombie

5. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Well depending on what day the group is going and such I hopefully will be able to make a show. It depends on when the medieval group I know is going.

6. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    Doh! I voted for noon but I take that back.

I'm up for the midnight show! That way I don't have to skip out on work in order to attend the matinee the following day...and the first showing is always the most fun!

Rock on!
    Jawa Girl

7. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I like the idea of the midnight show, I don't know if I can make it yet though. I'll have to play it by ear.

8. astrozombie

Sep 19, 2002
    the date is quickly approaching...has anyone picked up tickets for the midnight showing yet? I'm keen on going, but don't know which theatre to buy from. It all depends on a consensus of those going - so post here if you are interested or already have your ticket.

If no one's commited to silvercity, I suggest South Edmonton Common. I like the seats, service, and smell. And even though it's a bit of a trek, us west-enders can carpool...

lets here what you all think!

9. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm still seeing if I can come and such. I may be coming in costume and stuff though If I can make it :)

10. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    I agree. South Common would be preferable. I can get more people out to it then.

11. Vua__Lah

Vua__Lah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    what day is this gonna be again?

12. astrozombie

Sep 19, 2002
    I do believe we're set for a midnight showing...so that would be the night of Tuesday, December 17 or the morning of Wednesday, December 18th - midnight either way. At South Edmonton Common. Is this official now? ;)

13. Starbender

Starbender Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    I am probably working that night. Nuts.

BTW, AOTC IMAX is gone, for now. Last day is Thursday the 28th, then it's Bond and Potter. Probably won't ship the print out right away though...I also have my name in for the giant Yoda banner!!!!! How am I going to get it home?!?!

14. imperial_taz

imperial_taz Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    in the words or every mother at one time or antoher "no, dear, you can't go, it's a school nite" (nutz!!!!):p

TAZ:)

15. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    I also have my name in for the giant Yoda banner!!!!! How am I going to get it home?!?!

Only with my help...and the Force!

16. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Does anyone have a major problem with South Edmonton Common, or can I go buy my tickets?

17. Jamaillia

Jamaillia Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    Not me, it doesn't take me long to get to that side of the city.

Is everyone else getting there tickets? Should I go ahead and get mine?

Jamaillia

18. astrozombie

Sep 19, 2002
    south edmonton common it is for me, as well. I'm getting tickets for sure, now that I know I won't be alone...anyone else coming down for the big night?

19. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I am not sure if I am going to be able to make the midnight showing (gonna try my hardest) depends on how things go with the new job, etc. 99% sure I will be there, but you never know.

And SEC is fine for me too... :)

Indy

20. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm still not sure if I can make it but I'm gonna do my best. :)

21. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Bump

South Common midnight on the 17th. Is this the next official meeting?

22. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    We just went to south common and the tickets for the first showing on the 17th are going on sale tomorrow.

23. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I think LOTR is more of an event then a meeting isin't it?.

24. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    True enough, sorry I worded it wrong.

25. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Lol it's fine. Honest mistake. I was just making sure if was an event and not a meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.