Lord of the Rings

Discussion in 'Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Aug 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Did anybody pick up The Two Towers DVD yet? I got mine and just finished watching all the cool Bonus material. I don't know about you guys but from what they showed from Return of the King I think it will be the best movie yet. I'm really looking forward to the battle of Minas Tiras and I loved the cliffhanger they showed of Gandalf and the Nazgul. The preview for the Extended version of TTT looks incredible also, I was surprised to see how much of Boromir will be in the special edition. I give the DVD **** :)
  2. PADA-1 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I picked it up on Tue. along with the 3rd season of The Simpsons,(my fave show) and the new Sepultura album,(my fave group)so Tue. was a triple whammy. I loved the Two Towers, saw it three times in the theater. Gollum is second only to Yoda as the best CG character created. I will watch it this weekend, I can't get into the extended ed. of LOTR movies. Four hours is just too long and not much is added to interest anybody except the seriously hardcore fan. I was disapointed that Shelob was not in Two Towers. I pre-ordered Rebel Strike for Gamecube last week, which comes out in Oct., you get a sweet demo disc next week with a level of the game plus the complete 1982 Star Wars arcade game which I remember fondly!
  3. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    No, I'm not getting the original release... I'm waiting til November, when amazon.com ships my Extended Edition in the mail for $25.99 with free shipping and handling. :)
  4. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sepultura? Neat! I met them backstage a few years ago :)
  5. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm with Random, I'm gonna wait for the special edition. I can wait for it to be released! I wish I'd have waited for the extended edition with 'Fellowship, it was considerably smoother. And I suppose I'm one of those nutter LoTR fans now..
  6. ohiojedi Jedi Youngling

I went to blockbuster the other day and the asst. manager, which i had be-friended awhile back, told me i should wait till fall when the special editon of LOTR 2 towers comes out.
    so i will wait til then. this is not a movie in which you go to the store and rent it for one night, no....this kind of movie you want to buy becuz of it's collector's quality. like star wars...you dont rent it...that would be silly....buy the darn thing...add to your collection.
  7. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yes!!! Must increase collection! Mine, mine, all mine!!! >_> *hordes various items about self...*
  8. SithHolocron Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes, I bought the DVD, on the first day at 6:00 AM. I am, what you may call, obsessed with both the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit (and other works of J.R.R. Tolkien).
  9. Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The theatrical trailer for Return of the King was just posted to lordoftherings.net today. It looks incredible and you get a little peak at Shelob. Check it out. :)
  10. Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm at work right now and we just received the first shipment of posters for Return of the King and they are sweet! I don't know when stores will start to receive and put them on sale but they are awesome! One of the advantages of working at a warehouse. :)
  11. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Oh, man...I SO cannot wait to see the RoTK, I'm so impatient.. I could bark. <_<
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.