main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Lord of the Rings

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by maestrino, Dec 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maestrino

maestrino Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I couldn't resist posting a thread about my favourite obsession at the moment.. :)
    So, how do you guys feel now that shooting has nearly wrapped? Or do you not particularly give a stuff?

2. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    It's hard to say really, there isn't alot of publicity going on. So if you weren't a LOTR fan at times you wouldn't even know it had been filmed in NZ.
    Having said that they have done pretty well keeping most things quiet, there has been the odd rumor that makes the news and gets people talking but nothing to write home about. I suspect things will hot up soon now that filming is over.

3. JediGecko

JediGecko Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    The wrap party is on Friday, and I'm going. :p
    Any help?

Well, for me it's been a great experience. NZ is rather a lot different to Aussie - culturally, socially, lots of ways.
    The people at Weta made me feel very accepted - everyone works as a team, and everyone helps. There's no high-ups that don't want to get their hands dirty.

In Wellington, it's been quite a big local event - evryone knows someone who's brother was an Elven extra, or a Rider of Rohan, or an Orc, Uruk-Hai, Gondorian, Army of the Dead, Harad, etc.

It's been a wonderful experience; and most people I talk to about it seems to think it's great for the country, but isn't ultra-excited that it's a film, they're excited that it's here, in little-old Wellington.

4. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'd love to have a tiny walk-on in a film like that. For me, LOTR rings is to books what Starwars is to films. I have high hopes for this move. Anything less that an all-time classic would be an injustice to the books.
    I must say that I've been pleased with the lack of obvious spoilers. There's still a year but I'd like to be surprised. I know we all know the story already but there's still plenty of potential to be surprised.

5. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Is the lack of spoilers of any surprise? I don't think so when you consider that any body who is any body has read the books, so there really isn't that much that isn't known already is there. Excepting the technical side of things there really is no point to even hunting for details. Unless you get kick out of doing it, regardless of information.

6. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    What I mostly mean is that I'm glad they're being so secretive about how things like Golum and the Balrog will look. I hope that continues right up until the release. It would be a shame for them to show all the surprises in the trailers.

7. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    yeah, but just about every movie thesedays gives you the entire plot and special effects in the trailer

8. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I just wanna say Go Mr Tolkien and mr Jackson! I'm reading the return of the king right now, so dont give anything away....

9. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    The good guys win!

10. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    ohh that was evil!

11. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    anyone seen the trailer yet? i see it is in the theaters

12. JediSidhe

JediSidhe Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2000
    yeah, i went to the movie The Cell a couple of nights ago and they showed the trailer..it was pretty good, but more of a teaser that anything

13. JediSidhe

JediSidhe Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2000
    which was a good thing, it would be kinda disapointing if they gave it all away

14. JediGecko

Dec 13, 2000
    The trailer ain't as good as it could be ... take my word for it.

15. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I saw the trailer the other night aswell, I don't know anything about the LOTR and found the trailer to be rather weak (even if it was a teaser). It's not as though I want to rush out and find more about it.

16. SwordFaerie

SwordFaerie Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2001
    I thought it was pathetic.

17. Indy2

Indy2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    I think it was a teaser, teaser trailer if that makes any sense!
    I'll bet there will be two more trailers before december!!

18. Indy2

Aug 22, 2000
    you know i'm sure there's gotta be some kind of place in NZ that George would want to shoot a bit of Star Wars in.
    Maybe a volcano or something?

19. Indy2

Aug 22, 2000
    Anyone know when LOTR is released in NZ, will it be the same as the states?

20. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    December as far as I know, the actual date, not sure.

21. JediGecko

Dec 13, 2000
    It's still not certain. But apparently it's Christmas, and a One World release ... though New Line has been known to be wrong, from time to time.

Oh, and hi to everyone in my 2nd home. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.