FF:NZ Lord of the Rings

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SWNZ, Aug 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Well it was made here, the trailer is soon to be out (already previewed on the news) and hype is increasing. I'm currently reading it and am enjoying it quite a lot, looking forward to the movie more now than I was 2 weeks ago.
    So what are people thinking about it right now?
  2. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    Cant wait, I was told there was some never before seen footage on the news the other night but I missed it. I still havent seen the trailer yet either.

from what i've seen characters have been cast really well, (Liv Tyler as Arwen, Christopher Lee as Saruman)It will be cool to see how the creatures are portrayed. I've been told the Balrog looks wicked. Havent heard/seen what Gollum looks like, is Jackson trying to keep that secret until the movie release? I know I would.

Any wellingtonians going to the premiere? I'd like to go to the first Chch screening.
  3. Drew Jedi Knight

star 1
    When is the release date for NZ? I'd like to catch the Auckland premiere :D
  4. oy636 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dose any one know people that were in it, ie friends and that.

Might skive off work to go watch it.
  5. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    The Premiere in at the Embassy in Wellington on December 17th I think, the date could be wrong. And yeah I'd love to get to that.
    A friend of mine is one of the high dudes in the council of Elrond. I know a few others that played elves and stuff as well.
  6. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    The Premiere in at the Embassy in Wellington on December 17th I think, the date could be wrong. And yeah I'd love to get to that.
    A friend of mine is one of the high dudes in the council of Elrond. I know a few others that played elves and stuff as well.
  7. Sith-Gecko Jedi Master

star 4
    I know people who worked on it. :D

Too bad I'm not in NZ anymore ...
  8. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    i dunno if ii will make it to the premiere, i will see it a few times though, unless it really sucks....
  9. Sith-Gecko Jedi Master

star 4
    It won't suck. That, I can promise ...
  10. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    i hope so too, you never really know though, till you see it for yourself
  11. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    does anyone know whos producing the action figures? I'm wondering whether to collect them or not. have to wait and see what they look like I spose.
  12. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    Games Workshop makers of Warhammer 40k r making the lotr table top miniture battle game.

And Decipher makers of the SW:CCG r making the lotr collectable card game.
  13. Sith-Gecko Jedi Master

star 4
    Humble Extra - Really, I CAN tell, because I HAVE seen for myself. 'Nuff said ... (look at the sig).

Chansplace - there are a few different people. Hasbro (I THINK) are making the figures available in toy stores etc. but Weta (yes, the complany that did the FX for the film) are doing a range of high-quality sculpts. They're more expensive, though ... though I'm ordering a few.
  14. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    In the previews at the comic shop there r full scale replica lotr swords look really cool.
  15. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    My flat mate saw the trailer at the movies in the weekend. Said it was excellent and slightly different to the one they showed on the news a little while ago.
  16. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    I think that I will really enjoy LOTR I have read the books like many others. I have some concerns...Its not action packed and the average Yank might not have read the books and expect crap like D&D.
    Also there will be the "its not as good as the book" people .
    And the "I don't like it because of the hype" people.
    just like with SW

Don't get me wrong I think it will be great
  17. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    there will always be critics.
    anyone else wanna join the "Just watch movies for pure enjoyment" Club?
  18. Sith-Gecko Jedi Master

star 4
    You think it's not action packed!?

... just wait until the film comes out. :)
  19. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    Get you Hobbit name HERE.

"Buzz Bumble" comes out as "Ponto Chubb". :D
  20. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    first name = sithforce
    last name = lord

translates to = 'Podo Bunce of Brockenborings'

first name = Mark
    last name = Hansen

translates to = 'Milo Sandybanks of Frogmorton'

hehe

LOTR will be OUTSTANDING!

'nuff said.

chansplace: figures = sooooo worth it!

EDIT =

my Niece's name translates to:

'Ruby Goldie Sandybanks of Frogmorton'

hehe
  21. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    Rather amazingly that Hobiit Name website doesn't just pick random names - if you enter the same name again, you get the same answer; if you enter the same surname (eg. brother/sister), you get a similar Hobbit name. :)

And, if you enter a real Hobbit name from the book/movie, it comes back with the same name (well, at least for the only one I know).

You could write Star Wars: The Hobbit Edition by replacing all the characters names with their Hobbit versions. :D

We just got the new TV Guide and the TV2 contest is to win tickets to the premiere (unsurprisingly), but no more details yet - it just says "watch TV2 or visit tv2.nzoom.com" (the website isn't ready yet though).
  22. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    Sith-Gecko said:
    It won't suck. That, I can promise ...

Err ... not to worry you "Ringsters" :) but, I was watching the Good Morning programme on TV1 today and the Movie/Video Reviewer said the LotR is a three hour movie, one hour of which is in "elvish" with subtitles (although he HASN'T been allowed to see it yet).

One hour of subtitles - that would be enough to put many people off the movie before it's even been released.
  23. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    !!! That better be a joke, because if it's not I'm going to have to cancel on my friend who I promised to see it opening day with.

I think it is a joke, because they almost never speak Elvish in the book.
  24. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Good on Jackson for keeping languages in the movie!

In ROTJ does the Huttese bit detract? Nope, because the main characters still speak in English.

I thought the Nemoidians speaking in english were pretty lame in TPM. I'd have rather they were subtitled.

Subtitles are not all bad, especially when the main dialogue is still in english.

25. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    Never really mind watching a movie with subtitles in it
    it would be strange to see Jabba speaking english
    maybe in TPM they should have put subtitles when the Gungans spoke

i am reading TPM now funny seeing the written words of Jar Jar/Boss and Captain Tarpuls
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.