main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lord Revan Awakens

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by WannaBuySomeDeathSticks, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    But where's the fun in that? Its much more fun to be in denial :p

loki41872 likes this.
  2. Haruss

Haruss Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2014
    Or simply speculating, juggling ideas. Of course there's no fun in that 'cause u can't rush to scream "OMG U IN DENIAL"

3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

With what they did to Darth Bane, the dream is still very much alive.

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I highly doubt Revan and KOTOR will be made canon. George Lucas pretty much showed that he didn't care about the EU, and Disney looks like they care even less. Now KOTOR might be quite popular, but if they decide to re-canonize that, what would be next? They'd be swamped by requests from all of us annoying eager fans clamoring to have this or this or that re-canonized and there'd be no end to it. So yeah, I'm pretty sure they're not going to do a selective reboot...it's got to be an all or nothing deal.

5. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Oh right.

6. Mandara Domak

Mandara Domak Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2014

I agree but at the same time nothing prevents them from taking some inspirations from the EU especially if they want to explain the origins of the Jedi. Kotor was set up in the same timeline as "Tales of the Jedi" comics which as I read from Wookieepedia was written because George Lucas himself gave the green light for it.

7. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    Somehow, I doubt future canon will involve...

Living heads...
    [​IMG]

Living brains...
    [​IMG]

Or Aslan-esq Jedi...
    [​IMG]

8. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
  9. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    According to MSW, he wears both masks in the movie.

TheBBP and Taalcon like this.
  10. beedubaya

beedubaya Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 15, 2014
    Once again, I really hope Revan does get mention so that his existence will be canonized. However, I don't want any more than that. Was he inherently good or evil? Was he redeemed or did he fall back to the dark side? If redeemed, did he remain a force for good? Who was the man (or woman) beneath the mask?

The answers to those questions should be according to how you played KOTOR. It's up to the player. There shouldn't be an official, canonized Revan story arc.

carlcockatoo and TheBBP like this.
  11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Spinoff plz!!

12. WannaBuySomeDeathSticks

WannaBuySomeDeathSticks Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
  13. Budd Terry

Budd Terry Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2015
    I am Very New to the Star Wars Forums. I just finished my Sons Halloween Costume of Deadpool and I wanted to make a costume for myself. Last Year, while Trick O Treating in our new neighborhood, I saw all kinds of adults dressed in their costumes as well. I have always been a Star Wars Geek. So I started a project of building a Darth Revan Costume. I have taken some Artistic freedoms with my build. I started building the mask. As I researched the mask more and more, I saw the resemblance of the Mandalorian helmets. So I started building a helmet with the pepakura program. After several attempts at Boba Fett style helmet, I just made a foam mold of my head using tin foil and duct tape. Now I had a basic helmet the shape of my head and started to add the front face of Boba Fett while keeping reference online photographs of Revan's helmet/mask. I wanted to be the Sith Revan and decided to put a Darth Vader style flare of the back of the helmet. Also similar to a Samurai helmet. I am in the process of painting the helmet after coating several times with a resin to fill in the seams and build up some areas which needed extra material.

I was wondering how it would be received by Star Wars purists.

I have also taket some liberties with Revan's Chest armor as well. Instead of the flat chest armor, I decided to go with a muscular chest armor, (Pectoral muscles) to add a little bit of toughness to the Character. I know, Darth Revan is a Total Stud and doesn't really need extra toughness. I just felt compelled to take some Artistic Freedoms. Again, Wanting to know how the costume will be perceived by the Star Wars Community.

All of the other portions of the costume adhere to the 501st Costume requirements.

I would like to post some pictures for your review, but the newbie in me doesn't have a clue how.

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  15. Budd Terry

Sep 20, 2015
    thejeditraitor likes this.
  16. Budd Terry

Sep 20, 2015
    Any suggestions of how to post photographs? n00b here.

17. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Search your feelings, young Budd Terry. You will find the answer.

(Click the button fourth from the right. You have to copy the link of an image, not copy the image itself. Then just insert that link into the little box that will open up and bam! It will be in your post.)

18. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Could Snoke simply be the clone of an ancient Sith? It's completely possible someone just found a body somewhere and made it into an entity which thinks he is the real thing.

19. Budd Terry

Sep 20, 2015
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I am attempting to post a few Photos of My Darth Revan Build. I am not sure if they will show up, because I am a total Tard when it comes to Tech Savvy Stuff....

Complete n00b

20. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

No, there'd be no point in that. There are no ancient Sith mentioned in the movies, so to introduce a new character as a clone of a character that has never been seen would be needlessly convoluted and pointless - why introduce a character who has never been seen before on screen as if they were just an imitation?

21. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    What's a Revan and why should I care?
    -signed, 99.999998% of people going to see TFA

Just saying. Obscure ties and references probably are not happening.

22. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I wouldn't call Knights of the Old Republic "obscure."

Darth Lurker and Darkslayer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.