main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Lord vader is done....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Robeewankenobe, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    Well as some may know my Lord Vader is done.
    The costume was a load of fun to make. I still have some mods to do. Like how the keep the cape from moving to the back.
    And get a fan in the helmet......it gets hot!
    And last, get the breathing louder.
    I found a link to get a really good box to change my voice to sound like vader but have gone that route yet.
    Here is a pic for Mid night madness..
    [image=http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/1814/vader8oa.jpg]

2. XWingPilot_Rogue7

XWingPilot_Rogue7 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2005
    thats a pretty good costume. How long did it take to make?

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
  4. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    In my opinion, Rob's costume is one of the nicest Vader's I've seen. The best part of it is that he will show up at events and put it on and we will no longer have to beg other clubs to bring a Vader.

5. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Yes, if you don't mind a short version:D
    If any good size member who is very responsible what is to use if for a club junction you will need the following.

1. Boots, or a cover the ankle shoe that will looks like a boot.
    I will make spats that will make it look like a boot.

2. Under armor, it is like a under pant and long sleeve shirt that the 501st troopers use under their armor. This helps keep you cool and stop you from being itchy.

3. The member who use it is responsible for it. That is you break it you pay to fix it. You lose it, well I can't say.

I am making upgrades as we speak, I will place a bigger speaker in the helmet that will give it a deeper sound. Plus, fans in side to keep the member cool. I am also working on a design to allow a water pack be worn when in the costume. This way the club member will not get dehydrated.

THIS IS TO BE USED FOR CHARITY EVENTS AND NOT FOR PERSONAL USE EXCEPT ME!
    Since I have paid for the costume, I am the owner.
    I do this to assist our great club.
    And the belt dying is done by Lori, To whom I give major kudos for doing such a great job.
    Thanks Lori

6. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
  7. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Cool! Finally get to see it. (Does this now make you my "Former" Padawan?) [face_laugh]
    If so, then I have to admit...

"Good Job!"

=D=

8. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    No,it makes me a human sparkler[face_laugh]

9. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    How do fans inside the helmet keep the member cool?

Also, I was thinking about doing a buckle like the one you made, would you be available to help?

10. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    "But you were the Chosen One. You were supposed to bring....

opps..um. marshmallows anyone?"

:D

11. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I think someone should do the roasted Anakin costume. That would be cool.

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs cooked like a kid roasting a marshmallow too long?

Is that over the line?

12. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    To save time on makeup, maybe we should just make a toasted Anakin with a manequin head and some pillows. :p

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hmm I have experince making ...uh.."carry around things" I helped make "Anakins Dead Mom" that is carried around at conventions and Siri-Tachi paid for the parts. Unfortuantely we don't have her anymore.. So, if people really want to do this, I'll be willing to give tips. Would love taking "disgusting and bad taste" to a whole new level. LOL But, this would be sooo cool. I at least know how to do the body and get the weight in..(and we don't have to worry about arms and legs)...See what you guys started ! LOL And I get dibs on carrying Ani around at some point! [face_laugh]

14. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    Dude, theres an idea for a SW car....

Someone with a pickup truck can make the operation table in the bed, with KFC-Anakin on the back strapped on the table.. under const....

Its the Anakin Ambulence.

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    hmm.. ROFLMAO!!! That is even better! Love the car thing! [face_laugh] Actually, there is more than stuffing with pillows. The body is not difficult, and Jos (Siri) is an incredible artist.Could really do an amazing thing with the head. LOL sick we are...fun we will have. .. So what do you all say?

LOL.. common we have to do this! Afterall doesn't Orange County need a mascot! ;) :)

Your Fault Lizard

16. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I will throw it out at the meeting today and see what everyone thinks.

17. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Actually Sidious could carry around Ani...or a Clone Trooper. LOL....

this has gotten even more sicker than I could have imagined [face_laugh]

I LOVE IT

Keep me informed, Guys.

:D

18. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    Roger Roger.

19. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Boy, I have started a fire....:D

Up-grades!
    I just painted my helmet to be correct color. The shoulder guards as well. The chest armor is next.
    I got the breathing done and sounds great! As, well as the belt now lights up.
    Voice box is next!

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Oh yeah.. a BIG Fire..(gonna need more marshmallows!). Jos was saying that she could work on the "fried" portion of Anakin...the face and such. So who wants to do the outfit? LOL (can we share him with you once he's made..we would love to have him up north at times too!) LOL:D

Can hardly wait to see the outfit, Rob! =D=

21. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    maybe im too old fashioned, but its bad enough that the rebel legion has "dead mom" to carry around. now you want a "fried anakin" ?????? am i the only one who thinks that this is so wrong?

22. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    The Dead Mom was the result of the 2:00 a.m. sillies...My Sis bought the basic parts and another person and myself put her together. Actually, I would love to get my Horse Reins and my Roper (boots) back that she has on...(they were supposedly a temp thing.. oh well).... It actually was supposed to be a one-time thing that started getting requests to show up. And the scary part is that she has won costume contests! :D

Is this so wrong...oh yes..in a wonderful Monty Python type of way...(It's only a flesh wound. :cool:

But if people are freaking..it's ok...just again, one of those...tired beyond belief and the Monty Python/Robin Williams/ADHD thing kicks in..

So Yea or Nea... I can go either way.. as long as a good long laugh comes out of it somewhere![face_laugh] :D 8-}

23. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Well, the one thing I would have to say that will make the whole thing "real" is the smell.
    There is nothing like burned flesh. I should know, I burned mine while soldering Vader together.

Anyway, I just order the vader voice box. $50.00 ouch! It is coming from Austrila....Hopfully it will be here next week. Mean time I am working on a ear piece the will help hear outside of the costume and built in mic. So we will see how it goes.
    Thanks everyone!

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hmmm. needed the laugh... and Jos just said to tell you that she could probably figure out how to do that wonderful "burnt flesh" smell..

Can hardly wait to "hear" you once you get it all togeather...gonna have a recording of the breathing too?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    :cool:

25. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    EDITED: Looked again at your post, Rob. Thanks again for the smile and laugh. Really Really needed it today. Can hardly wait to see MY "former Padawan" in all his Black-Foil Wrapped, Iron-Lung, Charbroilled Glory! [face_laugh]

(If nothing else..let the BBQ jokes fly next time we meet up!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.