Lord vader is done....

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by Robeewankenobe, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
    The breathing it actually the breathing box that you can buy at the costume shops $6.99.
    I cut off the small speaker and place a "black" 3" speaker on it. Then I crack open the box and soldered a toggle switch on. This increased the sound and once in the helmet it adds a deeper sound. Like a big DJ speaker does. I then mounted it on top of the inter helmet and now I have breathing in Vader....[face_dancing]

And will it be a hickory smell from Anakin?
  2. Yodaa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Very nice costume....
  3. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that is an excellent idea.
  4. BLACK-LIST-SQUADRON Jedi Padawan

That's real cool of you to lend your costume out to people. Hope they all wash it. LOL

Shouldn't this thread be "My Vader is ALMOST done"? I mean done is done right? You are soooo close.
  5. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    He's like Lucas, it will never be done. He's working on the special edition of the costume right now. :D

Welcome to the boards by the way! [face_peace]
  6. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hickory could be arranged... and ...thennnn.

hmmm...a bit of BBQ veggies sewn onto the outfit ...or like Beer-Can Chicken a beer can ...

Nope Nope Nope.. not going there...

[face_laugh]

Comeon..you ALL thought it didn't you! [face_whistling] [face_laugh] :D
  7. LizardJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Dude, one trip to a Hole-in-the-fence bonfire will give him that burnt wood smell for years.

Then again, if we like, stuffed him with beef jerjey or something, he would be prone to dog attacks...
  8. BLACK-LIST-SQUADRON Jedi Padawan

All this chared Anakin talk is HILARIOUS!
  9. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, while I'm pretty much ok with having a charred Anakin dummy, I was getting just slightly disturbed with all the talk of making it smell realistic. I know I would definitely NOT want to be around it at ALL.
  10. dini Jedi Knight

star 1
    Charred Anakin for the win!
  11. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
    OH! How about Teriyaki....mmmm, now I'm getting hungry. Or how about rubbing butter on him. Like Kramer in Seinfield....[face_laugh]
  12. BLACK-LIST-SQUADRON Jedi Padawan

He Rob,
    Show us some MORE pics of the Vader. You can't tell me out of all the trooping you have done in that thing that is the only pic you have. Back me up people "WE demand more pics!"

This is the part where we all bang the lightsabers on the table and yell..

"Show more pics!"
    "Show more pics!"
    "Show more pics!"

What kind of fans and sound system do you use? WHERE in the world do you PUT the fans and sound? MOST Vader helmets are made to have your face right up against the mask. No room for anything. Do tell. Common dude, Not eeryone can wear the Vader, you gotta TALK about it. So far it seems to me you are leaving ALOT out or being secretive. Is there some big suprise in store for your Vader?

P.S.- I again gota say it is TOTALY COOL how you are willing to share that costume. For one i can't name ONE person that has ever offered up a costume to share with the entire group like that. And Two, MOST ( and by that I mean 99.999999% of ALL people that have armor of MAJOR principle characters like vader or even a Stormtrooper would NEVER let some stranger in the same costuming club BORROW the darn thing. So KUDOS to you. You earn the "Person of the Month award" as far as I am concerned. Heck I have a coupe of kick butt costumes and to be honest i wouldn't share. I'd be too worried that the person might break it, or something. My costumes are like my children. And I am a psycho parent. LOL

"Show more pics!"
    "Show more pics!"
    "Show more pics!"
  13. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well the speaker is mounted right up front of the top grill. There is a thin speaker fabric that hides it. The fan is located on the bottom grill and again it is covered by speaker faberic to hide it. As for the mic, I am having issues with is. I am try to create a mic system with spending a arm and a leg until my vader voice box comes. [face_praying]
    As for done...I am making adjustments or up grades. When I do my costume runs I am learning more issues that need to taken care of. For example, the cape keep sliding to the back and choking me. So, I am adding weights to keep where I want it.
    This is a new costume so not to many trooping pics. I will be at Gen con to troop with the 501st. :p
    So, see you there and thanks for the kuddos, I never get enough of those[face_dancing]
  14. BLACK-LIST-SQUADRON Jedi Padawan

What Vader Voice box are you getting?

How do you have your cape attached that it keeps a) falling back, and b) choking you?

I'm not sure what you mean by "speaker is mounted right up front of the top grill. There is a thin speaker fabric that hides it."

If you are trooping as Vader for the 501st.. Don't they have plenty of Vaders, as not to have to ask a member of the OCSWS to be Vader?

What armor do you use? Chest and Shins. Who makes the best? Fiberglass that is.

What Chest box do you use? as in Who made it? If you made it HOW!?

Same goes for the Tabbard and cape. What material are they made of and who made them?

Sorry to ask so many questions but you are a little vague ont he description of your vader when it comes to Detial. I ask for my own personal interest and for future vader people out there. This is probably THE hardes costume to put together right along side Boushh. Lots of bits and pieces.

15. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Just FYI. The two clubs are not mutually exclusive. There's a lot of crossover between the 501st, RL, and the various Fan Forces. For example, I'm a member of the RL as a Jedi as well as being a member of OCSWS.
  16. BLACK-LIST-SQUADRON Jedi Padawan

17. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, Barry's right. I'm not a 501st member, yet, but some day I hope to be. Not with anything involving armor though. That's not for me, and I hate having my face covered and have no desire to encase myself in plastic. :p Many people I know in the Rebel Legion are also members of the 501st.

Besides the Fan Force and the Orange County Star Wars Society, I also belong to 2 costuming groups at the moment, the Rebel Legion and The Jedi Assembly.

Not every FF/SWS member is into costuming, but most of us who are, belong to an official costuming group, if their costume is up to the standards of the group. Some just like to wear a costume for fun, not caring about belonging to a costuming club.

Though there are perks to belonging to the Rebel Legion or 501st, like being invited to special or exclusive LFL events and such things.
    ;)
  18. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    Okay, I am going to throw up the poll about making a crispy anakin. Move the discussion to that thread and vote. Please vote only if you are in the OCSWS.
  19. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    This is sorta of topic, but . . from the Star Wars databank:

That's hilarious because you know it's only in there because so many uber geeks complained about it.
  20. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
  21. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
  22. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
  23. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL, so this means that Josie and I can't vote...ESPECIALLY when she has just figured out how to make it...AND make it even better than you could possibly imagine?! just keeps getting sicker and sicker...she had me ROFLMFJAO earlier today with her plans!, [face_laugh] (She;s already got designs for the face sculpture and how to do the body and other stuff figured out.. Like I said SEE what you guys started!) {{Course we will share him with you guys! LOL... this is toooo good to keep to ourselves. IF the vote for OC is positive...we need to get together on this thing.)) Why am I suddenly remembering the "Leper" scene from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, and "There you go, leaving parts of yourself all over England...is this your finger?"

Or...Rob...You want to go into the crispy Ani makeup? She has offered! :D
  24. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    Okay, I think you can vote if you are going to contribute but it will be property of the OCSWS so the building would happen down here. If the club votes it down then we could possibly do an RL one. I wasn't trying to be rude and I would appreciate all the help. I just didn't want the OC members who oppose it to think that it was won by people who belong to different fanfoces.
  25. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Totally understood. It is just that this thing has become soooo funny. (and Gods know that Jos and I need something to laugh about now.). She has offered to sculpt the head for you guys...so keep us informed and let us know how we can help if this thing takes off.

If OC votes it down (cause yeah it is pretty disgusting...) keep us informed. But either way..thanks for an absolutely hysterical joke that has taken on "Sithian" proportions. [face_laugh] (Oh and when I post for this, she is usually looking over my shoulder.. so no that it is not just me..but the two of us 99% of the time.)[face_peace]

Anyways..the offer is there for sculpting if need be...let us know

Kim and (and Jos too!)

EDIT: Josie here: One quick question, if I sculpt the face for him (and would be willing to work on the outfit too) Could Kenobi and I borrow him from time to time for things like Northern Conentions? It would probably be only once or twice a year and we would care for him as if he was our own.
    Thanks, can hardly wait to start.

Josie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.