main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lord Vader's connection to The Knights of Ren

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by D'an, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

I have fifty posts comparing it to the post-soviet thing glad I'm not the only one on this lol.

you know how putin describes the eurasian union as 'the best of the soviet union'? I imagine that the first order is like an extreme, totalitarian version of that (in this sense they are not comparable at all but you get what I mean). like if it was only the russian far right combined with what has happened with in turkmenistan and pushed to the extreme. that's the first order. they publicly describe themselves as all the stability of the empire minus all the bad stuff. people go with it because they are suffering.

vader worship would be more of a personal thing for the knights of ren, not the first order as a whole.

D'an likes this.
  2. Blackstone

Blackstone Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 14, 2015
    Hi folks! Been lurking for a a while, now just posting.

IMO, the Knights of Ren could be a mystery cult that worships Vader as a hero figure. Much like the cults of saints in early Medieval Europe. The order didn't exist prior to the demise of Palpatine and Vader (and the Empire as a whole). Maybe legends surround his persona, and Vader is seen as a martyr. Thus they were formed in the years after the battle of Endor. Vader's legend is spread throughout the galaxy and the the cult of the Knights of Ren were born. And who better to lead the cult than someone of his own blood. It's cannot be Luke, for he has turned away from the Dark Side of the Force. Is has to be a new Skywalker: Kylo. The child of Han and Leia. Kylo forsakes the teachings of Skywalker, and Kylo goes on his own, and discovers the cult. They indoctrinate him and Kylo becomes obesessed with Vader. A true zealot. Now he hunts down all those who appose the Knights and his true destiny. Just maybe...

3. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Knights of REveNge

4. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Well, another reason I believe the Knights of Ren may predate the Jedi is: for a while the rumored title of Episode VII was "The Ancient Fear." I believe that may have been a working title, but production wanted to welcome fans back with a more uplifting title.

A cult of fanboys forming after the Battle of Endor just doesn't interest me intellectually. Sounds too much like ISIL to me, and those idiots just **** me off.

Perhaps the Jedi Order was actually a reformation of The Knights of Ren, and the old order was forced into exile. From a safe distance these "Acolytes of the Beyond" kept a watchful eye on events unfolding throughout the centuries, and waited for the prophecy of their chosen one to unfold. I'd find that to be a far more interesting story.

darthtimetraveller and Rodie like this.
  5. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

The Ancient Fear may not be a bad name for Episode 8! Particularly if the Knights of Ren or Snoke have been around a long time. I always thought that was a cool title, but agree it's not the best title for Episode 7.

Whether Vader started the Knights of Ren or they are a cult that built up around his legend post-Endor or a cult that pre-dates Anakin but had some kind of prophecy and were already worshiping this idea of a "Vader", I think the connection between the two will be well established in TFA through Kylo dialog, and audiences will understand Vader's influence on this group which will help define who they are for audiences.

Doesn't Rey tell Kylo: "You'll never be as powerful as Darth Vader!" or something to that effect? Surely, this is in response to him explaining to her his goals or the KoR goals as a unit.

But if Rey is simply an orphan on a backwater planet with no prior training from Luke and no familial connection to Luke or Leia, then how does she know about Darth Vader??? Seems like this line is proof she's related to the Skywalkers or was once trained by Luke.

darthtimetraveller and D'an like this.
  6. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

I think "Acolytes of the Beyond" would be a great title for Episode VIII.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.