main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive ~~| LordDarthUmbrus's Image Gallery ||| Updated: 2008 March 28 |~~

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by LordDarthUmbrus, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordDarthUmbrus

LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Greetings, Salutations and Gesundheit.

My dear friend and Role Playing Game companion HanSolo29, in her infinite kindness, has allowed me to post an image gallery of my designs and illustrations here. Though I've been known to write a lot, I also do graphics and illustrations.

For Star Wars, they have mostly been things I've come up with for RPGs and Fan Fictions or speculative things that were never shown in the movies or in the EU. I kind of drew them so I could see what they look like. :p

I am a digital artist so I tend to do a lot of Photoshoping and Adobe Illustrator-ing. Some are fully realized art pieces...others are just sketches that I hope to fill in the blanks some day.

I shy away from likenesses of real characters because why improve on perfection. So many of you have done such excellent jobs with likenesses that I could not really do justice to what you have done.

I thought I might show some things that I've done. I hope you like them!

@__&&$(|++========================================================>>

Gallery Postings Index

Added 2008 March 27
    ---------------------

Darth Umbrus (First 'Shadow of the Sith' concept)
    Darth Umbrus (First 'Cyber-Demon Darth Vaderie' concept (No shading)
    Darth Umbrus (Later version: Back View)
    Darth Umbrus (To the Side)
    Darth Umbrus (Front)

[blockquote]This is a Sith Lord concept that I've been working on for literally years. I even have stories attributed to him/her that go back to the late 80s! Basically this character was to be a Force vampire and an extension of the Dark Side itself. I liked him so much that I chose my sock name after him! How's that for ego! [face_tongue]

By complete coincidence and totally apart from any input on my part, this concept was developed in parallel by Star Wars authors to become the Anzati and the Dark Underlord. Also, Darth Nihilus was an idea informed by the Anzati and Dark Underlord ideas.

Even so, one day I shall finish my story of Darth Umbrus. Maybe I can even get it published one day! [face_tongue]

I also used these images as samples for JW Titus's Sith Wars Fan Fic he was writing to depict his character Darth Shi'dow. [b]JW Titus[/b] is a Jedi Communicant who brought us a Spoiler rendition of ROTS about a year before the release of the film. He drew quite a following. [face_wink][/blockquote]
    [hr]

[b]Added 2008 March 28
    ---------------------[/b]

[link=http://home.sprynet.com/~1nightshadow1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/CorellianCruiser.jpg]Corellian Star Cruiser (Line Drawing Mock-Up)[/link]

[hr]
    [blockquote]I was always intrigued by the line in Star Wars by Han Solo: "I can outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers, mind you, I'm talking about the big, Corellian ships."

I was so intrigued and so frustrated with LucasBooks/Films/Art's lack of vision in fleshing this ship out that I felt I had to draw it just to get it out of my system.

I had to think of 'what kind of ship would impress Han Solo so much that he'd compare it to his beloved Millennium Falcon?' I came up with this 'dragonfly' like star cruiser. Its still a work in progress.

Its hard to get the scale of size from this model, but its roughly the same length as a Star Destroyer and probably more severely armed. Maybe a reason why the Empire wasn't quite so hard on Corellia as it would have liked to have been?

One day I'd

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    A big welcome to you, LDU, I'm glad you were able to make it over here! [:D]

The range of your talent never ceases to amaze me. I met you as an amazing writer and now you show another side with your drawings. I think you've done a great job envisioning Umbrus. He was always one of the more complex characters of GAW and I really enjoyed reading about him. The style and execution of the second one is my favorite. You have that creepy skull-like facade going that works so well with any Sith. And yet, your design is unique and stands out from all the others. Kudos on a job well done on that!

It's also interesting that you went through and actually set up the final three similar to concept sketches you would see in films. It really fleshes out the character and gives you a good idea of how the character may behave. Excellent work! I can't wait to see more! :D

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    HA!! I remember these (the Darth Shi'dow pieces)!! And I remember how impressed I was with them when the work was going forward for Titus' epic! Beautiful style! =D= I guess what I didn't know was that the character design was an established one. The way you use light and color these is gorgeous--very moody and ominous--and those glowing eyes just give me the creepy-crawlies, seriously! I would not want to meet this...being...anywhere, anytime! Very nice work, and we're glad you chose to share it here! Well done, and we'll be looking forward to seeing some more (...perhaps you could render how you see Darth Caedus...? **shameless hinting** :p I think, in your style particularly, it would be an awesome illustration!)!

FF

4. LordDarthUmbrus

Sep 24, 2004
    [face_blush]

My goodness! Thank you two so much! I look up to both you HanSolo29 and FalconFan! You have been an inspiration to me artistically. You've moved me to get out my old pen and pencil sets again after ~cough cough~ years!

I'll definitely give a whack at Darth Caedus, though he's a difficult subject. Jacen Solo has been depicted by so many fantastic artists, my favorites showing the traits of both Han and Leia! I'll have to take one of those styles and do my 'Sith' thing to it.

I have been trying to draw Darth Plauguis too. I have a rather freaky version of him in mind that might look cool.

In the mean time. I'll dig up some other things I've done other than these Darth Umbrus/Shi'dow pictures. They've been pretty well publicized already...

THANKS AGAIN!!!

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I like to color.:)

I have Adobe Illustrator CS3, but I have no idea how to use any of it.
    The controls got changed from the older version that I had to the latest.

Here is an example of what I could do with my old software:
    [image=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/VOS-SHOWDOWN.jpg]
    The image on the right is the original, and I just had to make it totally Boss, er...

I meant totally Vos.
    ;)

6. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    You did that SSS?!

Props to you, man. It looks just like the cover of the CW graphic comics.

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    If you check out my whole phtobucket account, you'll see all kinds of Vos goodies that I've modified. Thanks for the props. If I ever get my CS3 working, I'll start up again, but till then... I'm in digital-limbo.:p

8. LordDarthUmbrus

Sep 24, 2004
    SSS,

E-Mail me! I can send you the original Illustrator file of my Corellian star cruiser if you'd like to color it.

I love your work and always have!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.