main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Loscon?

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by mrcottonsparrot, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Just wanting to know who, if anyone, is going to Loscon, checking the boards...

The Parrot

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Being ignorant, I've heard of Loscon, but nothing more than the name. What/when/where?

:)

- Kai

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    You're one up on me - I don't think I've even heard the name. Or if I did, I've forgotten. Come to think of it, that's certainly possible.

Yay for google: LosCon. Looks like LA, Thanksgiving weekend.

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Its a literary convention that is slightly taken over by costumers (which they don't really like, but that is part of the fun). Thanksgiving weekend, at the LAX Marriott Hotel. Been going to that convention for more years than I care to count. But with everything up in the air right now..this year isn't looking so good.

BayCon...THAT'S the one to go to.

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    It's official...won't be attending LosCon. Not with Mom's health the way it is right now, and her in the hospital still (24 days and counting).

While she was being fairly insistant upon Jos and I attending (she knows how much conventions mean to us), we just couldn't do it to her, just couldn't leave her right now. So, with absoutely no regrets :) we will be spending Thanksgiving here at home and probably sharing at the hospital with her. Everyone else, go and have a great time for us! Next year may be more promising.

Hugs to everyone that keeps asking..

Kim and Josie

6. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Sounds like 100% the best possible decision to make. :)

- Kai

7. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Call us, we'll be home and thinking about you, Kim and Josie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.