main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Lose 30 for CVI!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 23, 2009.

1. MasterCenedra

MasterCenedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    I am SO in! :D
    It takes me 2 hours (one way) to walk into Town, where I live. So if I walk that at least once a Week I can do eet! :D

MC

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hothie wants to hit the beach while we're in Flordia, so I'm going to try to drop 20-30lbs as well. That way my old swim suit might still fit!

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I've started as the University I attend has fitness center... I've got buddies this time so we are a motivating factor for one another...

Good Luck to everyone.

4. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    Okey Doke....
    Actually I'm aiming for 25 by CV

5. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I joined in when it was 30 for the 30th, and it was a big help. Being able to check in and see everyones progress was great motivation! I was able to lose about 50lbs. Gained some of it back, but I have been dieting and going to the gym 3-5 days a week for the last 9 months. Now my goal is only about 20-25lbs away! Keep checking in :cool: Good luck to all!!! And May the force be with you!

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Keep it up guys! Or Down as the case may be!!

7. Photo-Knight

Photo-Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    I'm in. I've been at it for a few months, and I can proudly say that the difference between my current weight and target weight just went into the single digits. Well, okay, it's a pair of single digits--eleven. But hey, progress! And with this thread, I feel motivated to get there. D-Breezy, this was a great thread idea, thanks!

8. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    I'm in! I started Weight Watchers today. I figured if I can grow a person in 9 months (have 4 kids) I can lose 20-30lbs in 9 months. This is my 1st Celebration so I want to look my best! Weigh ins on Mondays---cool!

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I need to lose 40 lbs, but heck if I can lose 30 I'd be the happiest camper around! Here's to losing! *Cheers*

10. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Hardwork & determination. All our goals can & will be reached!:cool: Remember, if you fall off the diet wagon, it wont kill you. Just get up, dust away the pizza crumbs, and get right back to it. Alot can be done between now and August!

11. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Great improvements in the heart rate and endurance are not translating into much progress visually right now. Only down 5 pounds since last report. Patience, I have not.

The Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet and blasters are a reminder every day for the gym.

12. jedimomtosith

Dec 27, 2009
    Went to costco Sat. and bought 3 "biggest loser" work out dvd's. Pretty cool, they have the work outs listed by what week and day. So its a no brainer. I'm also on my 3rd day on Weight Watchers. Are we still doing the weigh in on Monday? I'll post 1st thing in the morning before work out. Day one is here.

13. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Holidays are gone, didnt gain, didnt lose! Amazing since I took 2 weeks off from my diet & workout schedule, not to mention that I had cookies for breakfast 3 days in a row :D I stayed pretty active with my sisters kids so that helped. For me back to work also means back to the diet and back to the gym.

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Sister bought me EA Sports Active for Christmas. I've been doing their 30 day challenge and so far like it. I'm keeping it at Medium intensity for right now but once I get into the swings of it, I'll bump it up to High intensity.

Though I'm still going to Wii Fit after I finish the Active workout and doing about 15-20 minutes of Yoga.

As for the diet, since I'm still on the broke college student diet, it'll be interesting. Though I'm making it a goal to just start by drinking more water each day.

15. jedimomtosith

Dec 27, 2009
    Was runnign late Monday, forgot the weigh in. At 148lb. Lost 2 lbs so far. However, my mom lost 5lbs on NutriSystems since Dec 30. O'h well. Still going strong w/ work outs every morning at 6am. Rock climbed alittle at the gym. Arms really shaky. Sticking to diet real good.

16. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Im down 5. Started 2 weeks ago. Been working with a trainer 3 times a week and next week I am moving up to 5 days a week.

17. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Down 2 [face_dancing] I Hope everybody is getting good results too! =D=

18. jedimomtosith

Dec 27, 2009
    Down 2 as well. Neighbor saw me at store asked if I had lost wt. That was cool. Been sticking to the Weight Watchers point thing. That's really helped.

19. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I need to get serious about this too. Tried doing a diet plan that I did last year and liked, but I just can't get into it this time around. Also have to get back into my gym routine. I slacked off on that since Mrs. MattDoc and I had a baby recently. At the very least, I just need to learn to cut out the soda and beer (not mixed, don't worry)...the lbs fall off me when I do that.
    Hoping to look svelte in my custom-made mattdoc.com t-shirts at CV! [face_dancing]

20. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Beer, whiskey and pizza are my weakness. I have been dieting and hitting the gym for about 8 or 9 months so far and lost 55lbs. I use Every weekend for my "cheat days" and still get to enjoy all my vices! I learned that I cant stick to a diet that denies me the good stuff. So far so good!

21. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I am very excited. Today was weigh in day.
    I am down 11LBS!
    My goal for C5 is 40LBS.

What I'v been doing is, Working out with weights 3 times a week for 25 min per. ( Three set of 10 )
    Cardo two times a week for 20 min
    Cutting my portion size . Using my fist a guide.
    A LOT more Fruit and stop eating my downfall Potato Chips.

22. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Congrats! =D= Your routine sounds like its working.

23. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Thanks Admiral.

24. Solo_Jaina

Solo_Jaina Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    I'm in! I need to not be so lazy! I really don't eat alot so my problem is lack of exercise. I sit at a desk all day at work and when I go home I just kinda veg...or sew, but that doesn't burn too many calories. And I need to try and do it without a gym, cause I never go and it's just expensive to have a membership and not go. I should prolly try walking/running and getting together some exercises to do at home.

I'm about 5'3 and 145 right now, so my goal is to get back down to 110 or so (Which is what I was in about 2003-2004 right after I graduated from high school. I have a costume I wanna wear but it's alot of mid-drift and I won't wear it unless I'm comfortable.

25. jedimomtosith

Dec 27, 2009
    You and I are about the same. i'm just trying to get to 120. I too have a costume I'd like to wear. Have a picture of it on the frig to remind me. Been on Weight Watchers (read above) plus working out. Good Luck!!!