main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Lose 30 for CVI!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Take off another 2.1 lbs! I lift weights 3 times a week, use the eliptical 5 times a week for 36 minutes each day, and at work I take the stairs everywhere I go and park far away from my building. Do all that and keep my calories @ 2000-2100 a day (before gym time) and stay away from fatty foods! Fruits and vegs are your friends.

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Good luck everybody and congrads on those who have been keeping up on the weekly loses. Well looks like I might have to stop for a month :( I have to fill in for our squadron's commander secretary since the lady got a new job and like started today... so this is gonna be interesting...

Keep up the good work folks! :D I'll be rooting for ya on the side lines and maybe after a mth I can play catch up ;)

3. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Awesome!!!!!

4. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Thanks Echo-3! [face_peace]

5. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I was disappointed last Tuesday so I dint post my wheigh In, I gain 1-LB. I know its just One LBS but it got me down. M trainer started me on a different workout on Wednesday so here's hoping Im better this Tuesday.
    One thing i did to help was download a iPhone App to help keep track of my whieght.

6. Furiafelina

Furiafelina Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2008

Ok, I was 129 pounds with a height of 5'4", petite frame. I first lost 3 pounds, that left 9 to go. I didn't watch my weight for a while, just concentrated in my diet and exercises. To my surprise, when I checked my weight recently I lost 7 more pounds. So now I'm 119. Only 2 lbs to go.
    But I wouldn't mind to loose 5 more to reach 112. Then I'll start with weight lifting to gain some muscle tone.

It's been such a slow progress... but I'm doing it, that's what counts.

7. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    Wow! I'm trying to get to your starting wt of 129 and I'm 5'4"! You're kicking my butt! I've had a set back had 3 of my kids come down w/ Strep! Couldn't work out but ate good. Luck would have it I got Strep! Been sick for 3 days and haven't workout or ate much. I'm hoping this weekend I can get back on track. But the other kids will probably get it this week...Lucky me...I could really use the FORCE right now.

8. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Weight gain, weight loss, add 2lbs here, take away 2lbs there, everybody will go through that at some point. As long as you stick to it, it will all work out in the end. :cool: Just dont let it get to ya. Listen to your trainer if you have one, or do some research on the internet (WebMd has pretty good advise). Bottom line everybody is that we push on through! Now, I am reporting mine as no change this week. I did'nt stick to my diet and workout schedule on Monday, and decided to have a couple (7) beers while we were grilling that day! Ooops!

9. jedimomtosith

Dec 27, 2009
    What's the No Calorie Beer? Then we wouldn't feel guilty...ha ha!

10. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I've dropped 17 pounds since September, using an appetite control supplement. One thing I've learned is that weight loss is a numbers game. Calorie-wise, you have to aim between 900-1200 calories a day for women, maybe up to 1500 calories if you're more active. Don't eat out as much and when you do, eat half of what you're served or look up the nutritional info on the internet beforehand. Watch what you're drinking; lattes, beer, and wine add a lot of calories and sugar. Eat a lot more fish (grilled or broiled) and vegetables. Eat smaller portions. Keep only healthy snacks in the house and don't o.d. on those either.

--MissPadme

11. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Yeah your right about the numbers game. As far as the no cal beer goes? Well lets just say that MGD64 has only 64 cals, but it also only has about 1/2 the alcohol as regular beer. That's O.K if your using it to chase your whiskey shots, but by itself its pretty much useless :cool: I say we just stick to the good stuff! Bud Light for me please! (Remember: You must be 21 yrs or older)

12. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I dint loose or gain this week. So I guess there is a positive in that.
    Im not sure if I am eating to little or to much,probably the lader.

13. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    - 1/2 this week. Every little bit counts. Feb is here. we are 1 month closer!!! CV here we come!!!!!:D

14. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Weigh in day. Lost 3LBS ! Down 12.
    [face_dancing]

15. jedimomtosith

Dec 27, 2009
    Well after a week & 1/2 of each kid getting strep I didn't do any of my work outs. Then I got it. My weigh in today says I lost 3 more lbs. I think it's from playing the mom role and being sick myself. Tomorrow starts the work out routine again. Still doing weight watchers. Atleast I've got that going for me. I'm quiting my job in 2 weeks. After that I'll be able to go to the gym more and work out at home. Hopefully I'll catch up to you all then. Keep up the good work everyone!

16. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Ok, I'm jumping on the bandwagon! Actually, I started before I saw this thread lol. I've lost 2 pounds since I started exercising and dieting last week. 30 pounds is my starting goal, but I plan on losing more than that.

2 down, 28 to go.

17. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Don't be discouraged if you don't see a loss in weight, echo-3. You might just be gaining muscle mass (which tends to add weight to you, but not bad weight).

18. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Thank You Darth.

19. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    -2lbs!!! I've added 5 xtra lbs to all my weight lifting, and worked my A** off with my cardio this week. [face_dancing]

20. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Right there with ya. Iv steeped it up to 60 min a day , 30 min Cardeo , 30 Min weight lifting.
    Down my calories from 2100 to 1700 a day. Before I started this journey I was eating around 3500-4000 a day. Witch is what got me up to 298Lbs. It is a great feeling to be down 13lbs and I am starting to see the difference little by little.
    My thighs are a little trimmer and my arms are taking on a more defendant tone. Some days are tough because I dont want to exercise but I now I have to.

Keep it up everybody. We all need encouragement. Thanks to everyone that has given some to me.

21. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Thats pretty much what I do. Cardio and lifting comes out to around 1 hour 15min for me. And I know what ya mean about making yourself do it. I think we all have days like that sometimes. Just keep it up, and dont over do it! If the force tells you to rest, listen to it! :cool:

22. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    yea!
    Lost 2LBs this week. Thats the 15LB mark in just under 45 days.

23. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    -15 in 45 days, good job! Keep it up everybody!! Remember, the more weight we all lose, the more people we can cram on line for autographs!! [face_laugh]

24. Furiafelina

Furiafelina Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2008
    I am going so slow but just droped 2 more pounds, now I'm 117. I just reached my primary goal!!!! yay!!
    Now lets see if I can push it to 5 more down and reach 112.

25. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Down 1.5 lbs for me.