main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Lose 30 for CVI!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 23, 2009.

1. kina

kina Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2010
    Congrats, Echo-3!

2. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    Just saw the Jenny Craig commercial with Carrie Fisher, "I lost 30 lbs..!"

Hmm...it's so tempting to take the "easy" way like Carrie and just do Jenny Craig. :)

She looks FANTASTIC! :)

Nah...what's the challenge in that?

Martha

3. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Not to mention the fact that its so expensive! She does look great though!

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    That's great Echo-3! Do you have some before and after pictures you can show us for additional inspiration?

5. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Christmas Day 09(301lbs)
    [image=https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-gTnYRzsWUdw/SzT01S9a-7I/AAAAAAAAGGY/2wOk0VbiRPs/s400/IMG_3470.JPG]

Last week.(199lbs)
    [image=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sNwUbaeZfTY/ThsI4Nqvd1I/AAAAAAAAI_E/RcVhfKizbCw/s400/eric%25253Alito.jpg]

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    =D=

Well done!

7. DarthSmuggler

DarthSmuggler Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2010
    Try working out to these songs

Future Lab Rats - Rebel Smuggler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ9VbVMS4Ow

Future Lab Rats - Vader's Saber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNqiI2fuFvQ

8. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    How I lost it ..Key for me was I got it in my head to say Does it have any nutrition value at all? If it doesn't,I try not to eat it. For me that was getting rid of burritos,cheese burgers,Potato chips,sweets,white bread.

9. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Lookin' great!

10. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    Great idea...and great results! The before and after pix are impressive. Has motivated me for sure! :)

Looking forward to looking good in me Mandalorian armour!

Martha

11. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    If I can motivate or encourage anyone to loose weight and live healthy...It would be what I have done a validation.

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    If I lost 30 pounds I would look like Christian Bale in The Machinist. Haha, just joking. I would like to lose 10 pounds that I've gained this summer from drinking and partying and eating Mac and Cheese, and gain 10 pounds of muscle. Fortunately, the lose 10 pounds part I can do in a month easily. I just don't eat this way when I'm at my place, but when I come home for the summer there's so much more food. At my place, I have Spartan discipline, so I think nothing of relaxing a bit when I'm at home. I got worried last year because over what I consider my x-mas break, about 4 weeks, I gained a few pounds and just didn't seem in very good shape, but then in 5 weeks I dropped 10 pounds and was back in perfect shape again, so after that I stopped worrying about how easy it is to do.

My thing is I just don't buy any candy or any crap at my condo, I shop once or twice a week for vegetables and fruit and non-fat milk. I eat healthy cereal (usually Crispix, has almost no sugar in it but tastes good, I think) for breakfast, then I eat a bagel with turkey and cheese for lunch (about 350 to 400 calories), and if I'm hungry between then and dinner, which I eat late anyway, then I eat fruit and vegetables, which virtually have no calories, then I eat a frozen dinner (Healthy Choice is good, Marie Calendar is good) or two for dinner. The smaller ones have 300 calories, so I know if I have 2 of those it's still only 600. Sometimes it's one and some fruit, etc. That way I can keep my calories right around 1,750 per day including an energy drink. With my muscle mass, I burn about 2,750 calories per day without working out, so if I work out and do cardio I burn another 1,000 calories. Ends up being pretty easy to have a net deficit of 1,000 calories/day, or about 2 pounds per week. The reason that doesn't always work out exactly is if I drink one night, or go out for a business dinner, etc. That's why I figure if I keep the deficit 1,000/day most days, I should still lose 1.5 pounds per week at that rate. Since I'm never more than maybe 5-10 pounds over a perfect weight, I figure it's fine if I eat a bit more when I'm home.

I don't let myself gain much though, fitness is hugely important to me, the most important thing really, so it disgusts me if I'm even a few pounds overweight like right now. I'm working my butt off to get at least the partial six pack back lol

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Bumping this back up! I need to get on this band wagon and start trying to lose weight.