main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOSE 30 FOR THE 30TH!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by mrcottonsparrot, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Leaving work in a bit, going home via the gym. Apparantly you have to do something for 28days for it to become a habit. Hopefully then by the end of the month going to the gym and not going straight home 4 times aweek will come naturally. Still not plucked up the courage to get on the scales ....

2. jamesvader

jamesvader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2002
    Thanks Scooty yeah that is what I was getting at, in essensce. Flatter meaning less that what I have accumulated. I am doing sit up's for core AB redevelopment and my running and walking routines to burn off most of the accumalated fat. Folks have begun to notice my face is becoming thinner! Which has been a great morale boost! I have a super high metabolism so the burn off should take a couple of months. I love this costuming hobby I got into after cIII, and it's been a great motivator to get into shape!

3. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Did anyone else see that article about the guy who lost some weight by doing Wii sports every day for a half hour?

It was pretty cool.

4. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    My son left his PS2 DDR game. I thought it might be fun to give that a try. When he and his friends play, they really work up a sweat! Of course, first I have to figure out how to work the darn system first!

5. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    lol ddr is a great workout. I have a friend who lost quite a bit of weight doing that. I'd love to do it, but I have downstairs neighbors, and I think Wii sports is hard enough on them without me intentionally stomping my feet around :p

6. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Hi everyone! I hope your pursuits of healthier living are going well! I feel good, I am getting in shape again and I have lost nine pounds already. I just need to keep focused why I am doing this---for MYSELF! And to look good in that Jedi costume!! I hope everyone is doing well, I have lost 9 lbs so far and regained muscle.

7. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    [face_dancing] I have lost 8 1/2 so far. I stopped drinking beer during the week, cut out all Mc Donalds, and started eating fruits and low or non fat foods. Only really been dedicated for about 2 weeks, but not bad for someone who hasn't started working out yet. (Starting in about a week I think) Well good job! and Good luck to everyone!!!=D=

8. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    DDR is definitely a good workout once you get to the harder Light level or easyish Standard dances. Either use Endless mode or Workout mode for a good Aerobic workout. As for how much noise you make with it depends on the type of dance pad and the floor it is on. I have a hard pad on hard wood and don't disturb my s.o. who is asleep in the next room.

I am not sure exactly how much I have really lost due to change in diet and exercise as I lost some due to having Bronchitis, but I have not gained that weight back. Now I just need to get my body to get over this plateau!

Keep moving and eating healthy!

9. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    Great job!![face_dancing]

10. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    That is awesome!!! I wish I could say that! I'm having a hard time giving up foods. I know I shouldn't buy them, but I still do. Like sandwich pepperoni, cheese, and cereal. I am cutting back on bread though so that much is good. I found some great whole wheat tortillas at Trader Joe's that are high in protein and high in fiber. I also started running this week. I'm at three days straigh and going strong. I'm not breaking records, but on my way in the right direction...

11. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Don't be so hard on yourself SH. You're going in the right direction! Records don't have to be broken to get healthy, you just have to keep taking those small steps (not that I'd call running 3 days in one week a small step!)

I'm really struggling. My biggest thing is going from grazing all day to having planned meals instead. No snacking on those carbs either. I'm a total carb-oholic! I've been really busy and have made that my excuse for not exersizing yet. I've got to get myself over that hurdle, but it's like asking Jabba the Hutt to jumprope.

12. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    HAHAHAHA! That's great. I'm ecstatic, I hit the 5-pound mark today at WW, so 25 to go! Not bad for 2.5 weeks -- but this last few days has been tough! But I think I'm actually gonna make it!

As for giving up foods -- don't give them up, you'll only want them more. The old saying is "everything in moderation." Have a "regular" size something instead of a "large" or "supersize" (or "venti" or ...). And planning!!! My SO and I will agree if we want to dine out for dinner, then eat very lightly during the day, saving up WW points -- and then make wise choices at dinner.

A trick from South Beach Diet, etc.: Any meat ending in 'loin' is a better choice (sirloin, tenderloin...) -- so we are not denying ourselves steaks, we're just switching to leaner cuts.

Also, make going out a treat -- and don't go somewhere just because it's convenient, get something that you WANT. We went to KFC on Monday, because we hadn't been in a long time, but instead of our usual "buy a bucket and we'll have some for later" trick, we just got the 2 piece meal, each. Our downfall is buying so much we have leftovers, which tempt us later.

Anyway, everyone keep going, we're all here for support!

Mary

13. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well with diet and exercise. I already feel like I am in much better shape, I have been doing about 45 minutes of cardio a day between the elliptical trainer and running on the treadmill. I am focusing on doing more running, as I would like to do a 5K fun run on St. Patty's Day. It feels good to be working out again! 10 lbs have mysteriously disappeared :)

14. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Update on me...I have successfully quit the green stuff, but I have only lost 5 lbs. And that is mostly due to the fact the I have a raging stomach flu. There has been too much snow everywhere to go running and since I'm in the house all day, I just sit and sew or watch TV. Hopefully I will lose more when the weather is nice enough outside to exercise.

15. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    5lbs is better than nothing! Keep up the good work and I hope you are feeling better soon :)

16. bobaDJW

bobaDJW Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2007
    I Live in Kansas city (BARBEQUE HEAVEN) and it is so hard turning away from the ribs and brisquet!!!!Here it is SUPERBOWL sunday and everyone is serving Gates and Arthur Bryants BBQ.I am currently 5`81/2 235 lbs with an athlectic build but a little fat around the middle.I want to get down to 200 by c4 time.....If I could just leave the damn ROASTED, SMOKED MEAT alone!!!!!

17. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Does morning sickness count towards this diet. I have lost 37 pounds, so do I qualify? LOL

18. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    37 lbs from morning sickness? That's a significant amount, is there anything they can do to help you with that?? I was fortunate not to have much with my daughter, once or twice maybe.

Today I got plenty of exercise! I had to shovel the driveway, twice! I also went skiing again:) It was cold and now there is a ton of snow outside my house but that is ok, at least it is shoveled now.

Is anyone in the lose 30 for the 30th challenge on weighins.com having trouble with the site? Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me, I have emailed them and hopefully things will get straightened out.

Keep up the good work everyone!![face_dancing]

19. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Lost another 1.4, down 6.4 pounds now! 16 weeks to go -- I'm actually going to shoot for just a pound a week still, which will put me at about 25 pounds for CIV. If I am able to ramp it up a bit, but I'm not pushing myself unduly, I might be able to make 30. But I'll be delighted with 25, that's a GIGANTIC load off of my feet!!!

I'm following WW Flex plan to the LETTER, all one really has to concentrate on is writing down EVERYTHING you eat, even if it's a smidge or a taste of something. Also going to Curves. I can feel a difference already -- somehow I feel "taller," I know it's weird sounding.

Mary

20. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    Great job! Keep up the good work!

We are doing a "biggest loser" contest at work now, our second weigh in is on Wednesday, I hope I will have lost a few pounds. I really want to win, as there is $$ involved, and that would mean more play money for C4! Hopefully my competitiveness and desire to lose weight will keep me on the right track!

21. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm so envious of you lot. Ive been going to the gym now for exactly one month 3-4 times aweek after work. Ive been watching what I eat, not a diet per say, just no snacking and eating low fat, lots of salads & veg. Ive even been forcing down museli or cereal for breakfast and eating so soon after after getting up makes me feel ill. Why am I bothering? I made the mistake of weighing my self last night , I'm 2lb heavier than when I started. I may as well take my gym fees out the bank and throw the money out the window.

22. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Ah, don't fall into the trap of getting discouraged by the scale. It is very possible that since you are working out that the added poundage is actually muscle that is developing. By volume, Muscle is denser than fat, so you can actually be trimmer than you were and still weigh more. Keep going and eventually as you build muscle mass, the fat will melt away faster and faster. Along with being denser, a lb of muscle also burns more calories than the same amount of fat, so the more muscle mass you have, the more calories you will be burning, even at rest. Keep Going!!!

23. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    Try going by measuring points on your body instead of that darn scale. Measure your arms, waist, legs and you can see if the gym is making a difference there. I wish I had done that before I started, it would be nice to see what those results would be. Have you ever tried low carb? That can really melt the pounds away, I had a friend who wanted to lose some weight (even though I didn't think he needed to) who did the low carb diet and he lost about 30 lbs. I have done it twice before and lost quite a bit of weight both times (about 30 lb each time). Throw some protein on that salad (a can of tuna, a chicken breast) and you will be amazed how filling that is. This time i'm doing semi low carb, trying more to just keep under 1500 calories a day and cutting out sugar, bread, etc... Going to the gym is making you healthier than you would be without it, keep up the good work!

24. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004

Well Ive been back, albeit with a bit less enthusiasum. I know Ive just got to stick with it, some is better than none.

25. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    How is everyone doing? I am still behaving on my diet, over a month now without any soda and am still doing well with the exercising. I hope everyone is doing well with their diet and exercise plans! Keep up the good work and remember, a little something is better than nothing at all! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.