main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOSE 30 FOR THE 30TH!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by mrcottonsparrot, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    I had a plateau last week, but at least I didn't gain any! Increasing water and walking distance -- MSN has a good program on their website right now, "lose 10 pounds in 5 weeks" with a pretty simple (and well spelled out) walking plan coupled with some easy eating changes (all common-sense stuff). The 15-week mark is this week, so I'm going to get on this and see if I can shove off the 24 I still need to go. Go to MSN, and then diet/fitness, look for Martica's walking plan (or something like that). It will have lots of hits starting with "week 3," "week 4," etc. - just click on one of those and you should be able to navigate around.

Mary

2. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Keep it up everybody! The big day is right around the corner. :D I am down 22lbs so far. Besides changing my eating habits, I stopped drinking sodas abt 3 weeks ago. Just water during the day, and Folgers in the morning (w/skim milk) I have also been riding an excercise bike 2x a day. 30-35 min in the morn b4 work, and 45-50 min after I get home in the evening. We can do it!!! Thank you all for being so cool. I dont post all the time, but I do read the posts abt 2x a week. Everyone seems very supportive. :cool:

3. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Awesome! I am starting to notice a difference now with the weight loss, I have lost 21 lbs and have been doing weight training so I have also toned up a little bit. It is just a drop in the bucket though, as I have a long way to go. It feels good to be succeeding though. Keep up the good work!!

4. MxPxRobbie

MxPxRobbie Columbia, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 1

Feb 2, 2004
    Hey guys, I'm in! I need to lose some serious weight as well. I'm 6'3 and 260 lbs. I would honestly like to be down to 200, but that could be a little tough. My problem areas are my thighs and stomach. I have quit drinking sodas, only water and lemonade for me now. Any tips for me?

5. llanesmark777

llanesmark777 Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2006
    cheers for Star Wars!!! Lets celebrate

6. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    I am quite proud of myself, this morning I didn't bail on the treadmill for the elliptical after twenty minutes. I actually ran 3.33 miles without stopping, which is a pretty big deal for someone like me that let myself get totally out of shape. I used to run 6 miles at a pop, so climbing out of this hole I got myself in is quite the accomplishment. I may just sign up for the five mile run instead of the 2.2 on St. Patrick's Day. I could have done five this morning, if I had the time. Diet is still going well, I have lost a total of 22 lbs since January 7th and gotten in much better shape, and I think i'm winning our Biggest Loser contest at work, I have lost 10 lbs for that in three weeks. I actually found sugar free Oregon Chai tea concentrate at the Wal Mart Supercenter which makes a great latte with Silk unsweetened soy milk, some sugar free vanilla syrup and one splenda. Tastes awesome and there are only about 50 calories the way I make it and only 4 carbs. Well that is enough ramble! This is off topic but i'm pretty excited about Anthony Daniels and Carrie Fisher appearing at C4! I hope everyone is doing well!!!

90 more days to see how much weight I can lose!!!

7. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    [face_dancing] 4 more down! 4 to go!!:D

8. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    how about 20 and I will owe you 10.LOL.Im tryin I figure I can walk the rest off there not to mention I wont have time to eat or the money.TOYS,TOYS,TOYS!!!I am getting sick of oatmeal and unsweetened tea.

9. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    How is everyone doing? Hopefully good! I have set another goal for myself, I want to run the Boilermaker, a 9.3 run in Utica in July. I can do it as long as I stick to the training. My friend Maxine ran it last year and is running it again this year, and she is my motivation for giving it a try. I'm going to do that five mile run on ST. Pat's day and that will be my initial test of how I am doing. I'll probably also sign up for another five mile run between that and the Boilermaker to gauge my progress. I hope everyone is doing well, 86 days to go, I can't wait!! (the bummer though: I am going to have to keep doing some exercising while on vacation, I don't want to get out of shape)

10. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    I thought I'd lose ground this past weekend at Wondercon (San Francisco FOOD...) but when I approached the scale with trepidation this morning, I had only gained one pound! (Lots of eating, lots and LOTS of eating, but also lots of walking...). So I'm still around the 7# lost mark -- getting right back on track, I figure I'll be able to get to close 25# in the next 80 days... Man, it's so close!

Mary

11. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    I am so sore! I just got back from the gym, I ran a total of 4 miles plus 30 minutes on the elliptical and the weight circuit, my legs are really tired:), but in a good way. I hope everyone is doing well, I have lost about 26 lbs so far with 78 days left to go! Keep up the good work!=D=

12. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Dang, I need to come over to the CIV area more often -- what a great idea! I guess it's not to late to start, eh? Even if it's "lose 3 for the 30th" at this point... [face_blush]

13. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Never to late to start :) Go ahead and join in now. I'm pretty sure you could even join in on Our Jedi vs. Sith challenge here

Anyway, I am feeling wonderful today. Just got done with a 30 minute cardio walk and stretches and my body feels wonderful :)

5 minute warm up
    Increase intensity to a 6 (over a minute of walking)
    Maintain pace for 20 minutes (too cold outside so I walked all over the condo and included both sets of stairs multiple times)
    Walking cool down for 5 minutes
    Stretch

14. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    Cardio is great! Except that the energy left over from it is keeping me awake and I need to get some sleep for work tonight:eek:. I'm doing much better with my running, I did 4.3 miles today and ran more of it at a 10 minute mile pace than I have been. (I know that's slow, but it's a start, I used to run 8 minute miles and i'd like to get back there before the Boilermaker race in July) Keep up the good work everyone!!

15. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    As of this morning I have lost 9 lbs. Still have not got back into the walking but maybe now that the weather has warmed up and I find myself wanting to get out of bed in the morning I can get back on the road. I had started walking with poles which is sort of like doing cross country sking. It really made my upper arms and back sore for a few days when I started so I know I have that to look forward to but I am hoping to kick my bum outside Tuesday morning. (I have an early morning Dr. appointment Monday morning.

16. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    How is everyone doing? I realized that I again need to cut down on the caffeine as I had another little cardiac "issue" yesterday during my workout. Caffeine=palpitations (when I have too much). I am running the 5 mile road race this Saturday so no more caffeine for me this week, no matter what! Today was much better during the workout, no problems at all. I hope everyone is doing well, 73 days to see how much weight I can lose!:)

17. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    Well tomorrow is the 5 mile run, wish me luck![face_good_luck] I am hoping to keep a pace around 10 minutes per mile. I picked up my registration packet, I am definitely going to need to bundle up-hint:see the weather channel for northeast US forecast. I am running with one girl from work though so a partner to run with is always motivation. Today is all about rest and relaxation getting ready for the run.:)[face_good_luck]

[face_good_luck]28 lbs gone![face_dancing]

18. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    35 1/2 lbs[face_dancing] :cool: :D woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    Dang, I am so jealous! Today for some reason i'm famished, not doing to great on the diet, but it's probably all that running I have been doing making me hungry. Five miles Saturday-in the cold and snow on slushy roads, 4.5 yesterday, and then 3.5 today on the elliptical. I'm doing ok though, but I need to get back on track and do better on my diet.

20. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    HOORAAAY! I am so glad you posted here, all it takes is a little support group sometimes! Keep going, you're going to feel so good at the con with all that weight off! I managed to lose the backslide I gained at Wondercon, in a week, so I'm back to about 8 lbs down now. Two months to go, so I'm going to work on increasing walking (and water, which I alway tend to ignore throughout the day). Still shooting for about 25 or so, if I can move my rear in gear.

Mary

21. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    Whew, I am back on my diet! I have lost 32 lbs so far, so I hit the 30 goal, and am shooting for the 50 mark by C4, 63 days to go. I have been running like crazy, it is finally nice weather out and it is so nice to run outside, I hate running on the treadmill. Today I ran 6.8 miles, I didn't realize it was that far until I checked the distance with my car. Tomorrow is definitely a break day. Keep up the good work everyone!

22. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    Good job!!! =D= I am now also going for 50. I know its not easy, but we are getting there. From what I see everybody is kicking it up a notch, and getting the job done. I have lost 37 and 1/2 so far. (only 1/2 a lb this week) I eat about 1200-1600 calories a day between excercising and eating better.

23. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    How is everyone doing? Keep going, 56 days until C4!

24. Admiral_Ozzel

Jun 7, 2003
    :D As of today, I have lost 40 lbs!!!!!! :D Woooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    HOLY KENOBI!!! I have been reading this thread..and I have to say I am TOTALLY impressed.. I too went on a kick start to loss the holiday tire that developed around my waist...but what you guys have here is just AMAZING.

I have to say I have not lost alot of weight..I am only down about 10 pounds in the 4 weeks i have been going but I can already see my clothes are getting a little baggy and feel the muscles develop. Now whether I get there for CIV..who knows..but I have picked up alot of tips in reading here..and I am ready to watch the inches melt away and the muscles grow!

Great Job people!! Keep it going!!!

Remember..Building Muscle Burns Fat!! don't count the pounds..count the inches!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.