main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(loser) Anakin vs. Anakin(strongest jedi ever)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by yoshifett, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    anybody ??... mace ?? ..sidious ?? ....yoda ?? ...............
    if you cant beat kenobi then you definitely cant beat yoda/mace/sidious...

It's not that simple, you have to look at the factors involved.

The book explains that Obi-Wan was able to hang with Anakin because of the thousands of hours of lightsaber sparring they had had together. They knew each other better than brother, they were able to predict the others attacks before they happened. That was a huge advantage to Kenobi since Anakin was enormously more powerful than he was(according to Gillard). Don't forget that Anakin is ranked on the same level as Mace, Yoda, and Sidious.

2. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    Obi-wan was able to fight Anakin because he is years more expeiranced then Anakin, Anakin has only around 13 years of exepirance that is why Obi-wan won It does not matter how powerful Anakin is and Anakin is not too powerful tnen Obi-wan.

3. Chosen_One1

May 12, 2005
    Gillard said that Anakin is enormously more powerful than Obi-Wan, so the fact that Obi-Wan trained Anakin helps him greatly.

4. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005

George Lucas never said he was enormously powerful he just said that he was just more powerful but not enormously.

5. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    yoda: enormously skilled with a lightsaber,enormusly powerful with the force,self controlled and focused

palpatine: slightly inferior with a lightsaber than yoda but just as powerful with the force if not more,focused,self controlled when fighting

mace: the most skilled saber fighter that we see in the saga timeline IMO.we never see him usin gthe force but in a straight saber duel he can kick major ass,self controlled and focused.

anakin: skilled with a saber,angry and arrogant when fighting,he makes mistakes that cost him a lot when fighting.

of all the top guys anakin is the weaker and the one with less resources IMO.

in a mace/anakin,yoda/anakin,palpatine/anakin fight the odds are deffinitely not with skywalker.

6. alansmithee85

alansmithee85 Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2005
    Fair enough as far as the casual viewer goes. But the casual viewer probably is confused about the Syfo-Dias clone ordering thing as well, or the motivation behind it to essentially destroy the Jedi in a manufactured war. Yeah, as a fanboy and film freak I?m going for the in-depth analysis. Which can be done with what is only on the screen. I consider it the only true canon, and don?t generally take the EU or even director?s commentary into account for a point by themselves.

7. Chosen_One1

May 12, 2005
    anakin: skilled with a saber,angry and arrogant when fighting,he makes mistakes that cost him a lot when fighting.

Gillard referred to Anakin as "unbeatable" with a lightsaber(ROTS Video Game interview). I know that is exaggerated but you get the point that he is pretty darn good with a saber. You could even argue that he is the best we see.

As far as making mistakes, he made an emotional mistake against Kenobi because he was fighting his former master after his wife betrayed him. Anakin is not a mistake-prone fighter, but those two factors made him one on that occasion.

8. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    sorry.in my book his chances of beating any of the 3 top guys is not good

9. Chosen_One1

May 12, 2005
    If I had to rank them I would do it like this:

1. Yoda/Sidious
    2. Anakin
    3. Mace

Anakin is as good if not better with a lightsaber than Yoda/Sids but they are the greatest Masters of the Force. I think Mace and Anakin would come down to a lightsaber fight, and I think Anakin would be too much for him.

10. DarthJedi06

DarthJedi06 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    I agree with sithrules, anakins chances of beating anyone in the top 3 are limited. Even though he might be arguably more powerful than anyone in the saga he doesnt exactly show much control besides his fight with Dooku. Im sure it is possible for anakin to win some fight but the odds are stacked against him.

11. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    As was said waaaay back in the first couple of pages . If Anakin could keep his cool and Focus like he did against Dooku in ROTS , he would be unbeatable by anyone. but he can't so he was defeated. but there were clearly two Anakins in this Movie the complete Destroyer of Dooku. and the Bratty Kid who lost to ObiWan. ObiWan is just lucky on that day he fought the Bratty kid, and not the Destroyer. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.