main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Losing interest in SW?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by LLL, Jul 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    "For one thing, the plot for Star Wars is gradually getting harder and harder for the average non-Star Wars fan to follow."

Great point. This is the fifth installment of one solid story (Ya I know, technically 2nd, but really fifth), not Lethal Weapon IV- same thing again with new bad guys.

This would be like a non LOTR fan having some memories of reading The Hobbit back in school and then picking up TTT.

Older and wiser? Bah. I've got my share of both and keep running to the theater!

2. Darth Mace

Darth Mace Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    [face_laugh] I completely forgot about that! A lot happens between ages 3 and 4 you know!!

3. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    Damn, Darth Mace. You expressed a lot of what I feel. I like AOTC much more than TPM. But I actually saw TPM many more times in the theater. Maybe it's because TPM was fresh, the first new Star Wars film in years. I guess I was trying to take advantage of that.

4. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    This question should be resolved after the release of all 6 movies on DVD. Let's see the sales of the DVD's and you will get your answer about SW losing interest.

5. Jedi-Hosinsul

Jedi-Hosinsul Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    I can understand some people wishing the movies had all been written beforehand so that some basic info might be in both movies. However, GL likes to go back and fix/change things so it is possible that he might add in elements to TPM. I read that he wants/has filmed scenes with Jimmy Smits to add into TPM as Bail Organa. He could be doing this with other scenes as well.

6. jncarlos007

jncarlos007 Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2002
    There is no way that I (or my friends) are even remotly losing interest in SW. Every one I see makes me want to see the next even more. I am no nut; I don't try to live my life by the jedi code, nor do I microscope the amazingly rare inconsistancy, but there are not the words to describe how much I love SW. For the enjoyment the movies have given me since they first came out when I was seven until now I will be eternally grateful to GL. I don't even really like to compare them to other movies, which I "played" when I was little, or talk about for a few days now that I am older; SW is in a class alone in entertainment in my book.
    Also, even though I generally prefer to think of it as one story rather than 5 (for now) movies, after seeing AOTC 9 times I rank it as second behind ANH. It might have been first but no cinematic experience will EVER come close to the first time I saw Vader walk through the smoke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.