Loss of a Hero

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by Jedi_Tenken, Oct 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    As of today, not only has SF Fan Force lost something amazing and wonderful, but the whole community here and throughout California, that have come together united by one girl who wanted nothing more to live life with her friends to the fullest everyday. We were Chanel's strength for living, and we were paid back ten fold and so much more with the wonderful spirit that was Chanel. Not only that, but that strength was webbed into every other club she participated in until we all were united by this one girl.

It was only two weeks ago that she was unanimously "tricked" into becoming SF Fan Force's CR. lol... Who better could possible Represent SF than the person who already has friends in every club possibly in the region! I was happy to see Chanel accept the position and now unfortunately we must continue without her here. I would say that she would want us now more than ever to be stronger together and continue. More so in a sense finish what she has set the foundation for by just being the person she was. So that EVERY club united under the name of Star Wars can keep Chanel alive not only in their hearts, but also keep her dream alive of having a community of fans committed to peace, truth, and love that she brought to us all everyday.

Whether it be Fan Force, 501st, Rebel Legion, or independent SW clubs I believe now that it is time to show what real Star Wars fans are made of. The 501st have expressed the fondest wishes and so have many members of the Rebel Legion. I'm sure every Fan Force chapter all over the world who have heard of this loss feel and will expressed the same sentiments.

As Chanel was also one of my own close friend and a Rogue, I feel that we will all honor her not only under the name of Star Wars but in the name of friendship and love she stood for us all. Chanel is now part of the living Force that binds us all, and I believe now more than ever, the Force will be with us always. Good-bye Chanel, a true champion of the Force and you always will be.
  2. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sorry to hear of this news. My names Matt, I'm the webmaster and membership officer. I only of Chanel by reputation and her costumes (since all costume/memberships are processed by me) and I must say I'm saddened to hear this news.

The Rebel Legion has a memorial page of sorts dedicated to those Rebels who are no longer with us. Chanel is the second person on that page:
    Fallen Rebels
    I'm looking for a few brief words to post by those who knew her. Something short and to the point.

This is at the top of that page. I thought it might be appropriate:

"This section of the website is dedicated to the memory of our fallen comrades. They may be gone, but they are never forgotten. They will forever be in our hearts, our minds and especially our actions.
    Rest well friends, and may the Force be with you, always."
  3. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I have a similiar thing for my own Rogues. When things calm down I will start working on a memorial dedication as well. Thanks for letting us know of this. I will post something on there soon.
  4. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Dear All,

I was deeply saddened today when I learned from the Fan Force Collecting Forum that you had lost your "sister", Chanel.

I am thinking of you all and send my heartfelt sympathy.

I see that Chanel was a tremendous part of your group and I get the feeling you are all proud of everything she contributed to the chapter.

Chanel is one with the Force now and I pray that God gives comfort to you all and in particular Chanel's daughter.

In Sympathy

George (JED1)
    Scotland
  5. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I am shocked and saddened by Chanel's passing. While I never had the chance to get to know her, her reputation preceded her.

My thoughts and prayers will be with her family, friends, and your chapter.

6. Jedi_Wannabee Jedi Master

star 1
    Condolences From The Danish Fanboard.

We are sorry to hear about fellow star wars fan pasted away.

We diden´t know her in person, but we know that we shared the same passion - Star Wars and costuming. As i can see on her webpage and pictures, she was wery dedicated in costuming with the gorgeous Barriss Offee costume among others.

Our thougts will go to her family, daughter and friends.

Her spirit and dedication continue to live in all of us.

May The Force Be With Her...... Always.

Jedi_Wannabee
    Daniel
    The Danish FanForce
  7. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    My name is Ian Palmer and I'm the CR for Syracuse NY. I never got to meet Chanel in person or on the boards but from what I have read she must of been a fantastic person, one that would light up a room when she entered.

This is the saddest news anyone can hear. It will be with a heavy heart that I have to tell my Chapter today that one of us has fallen. May the force guide her to her final resting place.
  8. Darth_Fizyk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Condolences from the Polish FanForce Board :(

[*] [*]

I don't know, what can I write :(
  9. Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm very sorry to hear this. :(

My prayers are with her family, friends and you all.

[*] [*]

MTFBWY
  10. Mr_Mundi Force Ghost

star 4
    I would also like to offer my condolences.

I come from the danish Fan Force, where others saw my sig, which I added after first reading about this tragic event.

I am deebly sorry to hear about this. Especially since she was so young and being a single parent to a little girl.

All though I didn't have the pleasure of knowing her. I can see from all that has been writing about her, that she was indeed a very special, devoted and lovable person. A true treasure to anyone who was close to her.

My heart and thoughts goes to her and her daughter, family and friends in this dark time.

We bend our heads in her honour and memory.

Jesper
    Fan Force Denmark
  11. Master_Thon Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm extremely sorry...
    We'll miss you Chanel...
    Your Forceful spirit will find its way...

God bless YOU!!!
  12. Kirtan_Loor Jedi Knight

star 2
    It is very sad. Rest in Peace...

Bogowie wiedza, ze smierc jest nieszczesciem - inaczej chetnie umieraliby sami.

Gods know, that death is a disaster - otherwise they would eagerly die themselves.

[*][*]

13. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Godspeed to Chanel's spirit, and warmth and comfort to her friends and family...

"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes, parting is nessisary before you can meet again, and meetign again after moments, or lifetimes is certain for those who are freinds..."

Richard Bach, Illusions
  14. Jedi_Kai Jedi Master

star 4
    I am so sorry to hear of Chanel's passing. I woke up this morning, thinking of and praying for her. And this was the first place I came when I signed on this morning, hoping for better news.

I didn't know her personally but only by her presence here and other forums (Rebel Legion, in particular). But this sad news moves me to tears. She was just too young and vibrant to leave so soon!

I hope you will let us know if there is a charity or other such to which we might make a memorial contribution in her name.
  15. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    On behalf of the NYC FanForce, I would like to offer our deepest, deepest sympathies to your group and Chanel's daughter and the rest of her family. News like this really does stop and make you think.

If there is anything we can do, please don't hesitate to ask.
  16. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I've said it before, but there's no harm in saying it again. This is a truly tragic loss. I and the rest of the MDSWS send our condolences. If there is anything we can do to help out in any way, please let us know.
  17. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    I, too, logged on this morning hoping for better news, only to learn that dear, sweet Chanel has passed away.

I only knew her for a short time, but she did light up the place. Her enthusiasm was infectious. I love her costumes!

She will be missed.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to her family and friends and fellow Star Wars fans who knew her best.

She is now one with the Force.

Is there a charity to which donations can be made in her name?
  18. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I did not know Chanel, but the news of her illness and passing was posted in the Collecting Board social thread. Her family and friends have my sympathy and prayers.
  19. Neimoidian Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm very sorry to hear about this tragic loss. I didn't get a chance to know her, but all these words from the friends of hers make me sure that she was a wonderful person and such she will remain in hearts of people who knew her.
    Deepest sympathies for her friends and family!!!

R.I.P. [*]
  20. cryovader Jedi Knight

The 501st will have a memorial page setup as well. I'll post the link as soon as it's up.

- Ian Hiebert
    Executive Officer
    Golden Gate Garrison
    50st Legion
  21. pirry Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello all, I'm just a simple guy from Spain who loves to post in the JC. I hear this just some minutes ago. My deepest condolences, I don't know what can I say, just I'm so sorry.

As we would say here in Spain:

"Que descanse en paz"

My prayers will go for you all.

Manu
    Spain
  22. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    I want to thank each and everyone of you for your condolences.

Chanel will be deeply missed here. I consider myself a better person having known her as a friend and comrade.

I have often referred to her as my sister, in spirit. That is the type of bond she forms with anybody who has met her.

She is an old soul that seems to bring joy to everybody who has ever known her.

Her participation in fandom, not just Star Wars, left loving impressions amongst Lord of the Rings groups, Star Wars Groups, Anime Groups, and of course costuming.

"We have only to decide what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf said in the film, Fellowship of the Ring. She decided to live a full and vibrant life that touched many people deeply. And for that we are blessed.

I will miss you deeply, my friend, my sister, my hero.

Hiro hyn hîdh ab 'wanath

Westu hál. Ferðu, Chanel, Ferðu

23. AnjiliaNabira Jedi Padawan

I want to express my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your friend Chanel. I had always heard nothing but great things about this young lady and wish I could have met her. Mine and my family's sympathy goes out to her family and friends at this difficult time.
  24. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know what to say. I knew of her long before I even got to communicate with her the few times on the boards.

I am so sorry for loss of such a wonderful person.

:(

good night sweet chanel,
    you lit up the world around you,
    blessed be.

25. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    I am deeply saddened to hear this news. I met her at Comic-Con and she was a great person to know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.