main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Loss of a Hero

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Oct 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    I never knew Chanel personally, but from what I've heard about her, she was a dear, wonderful person and loved by many. My heart goes out to you, the SF FanForce, her child, and her family. May she rest in peace.

2. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    My condolences and deepest feelings go out to Chanel's little girl, her family, and friends around the world. I never knew Chanel, but when I heard about your loss, I had to send my love from the Phoenix Fan Force.

It is amazing how one life can blaze brightly enough to enlighten all those around it. I think she did this for you.

Love,

Wenchy

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I have heard from Hand-Schaub that he has recieved $250 worth of donations for Chanel's daughter so far from the sale of the decals our club is making. We have made up 72 decals so far and will be shipping them out to Hand-Schaub tomorrow. It is time consuming as they have to be made by hand, one at a time. Another batch will be sent to the Las Vegas Comic Con, which Chanel was looking forward to attending, for sale there. Also, Nikki with the So Cal Rebel Legion will be making black armbands with Chanel's TI # on them for people to wear at the Las Vegas Comic Con. Thanks to all of you for your kind words and donations.

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I am very saddend by this news. It is hard to know what to say. I didn't Chanel personally but the loss of a CR is Devastating.

My prayers are with her Daughter, family and Fan Force Chapter members.

Tanner Grooms: Louisiana

5. AmberStarDead

AmberStarDead Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2003
    I'm sorry to hear of this news, it's always terrible to loose someone so precious. :(

My heart goes out to hear family, especially her daughter.

On the topic of donation for her daughter, I seriously don't have any money at the moment. But as soon as I do I shall send what I can via paypal :)

6. jawa24

jawa24 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    What a horrible news... :(
    all my condolences to the family

MTFBWY

7. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    That's so wonderful Linda... Matt and Dale are still going to Las Vegas for the Con the last I heard to they can still meet up with the 501st and Fan Force down there. Myself and Rogue Squadron will hold the fort here and will continue to keep the information for Chanel's family at hand for everyone.

8. Plo_Koon_

Plo_Koon_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    This is a very sad news :(

My deepest condolences to her family

9. mackpol

mackpol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    Deepest condolences to her family and friends, a loss of this kind is always extremely hard to accept. My thoughts are with them.

10. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Since FFNSW has become closer to me than my real family in the year I've been with them, I can understand that the good people of FFSF must be sad to lose a valued member.

Chanel sounds like a lovely person. May she never fade from memory. My thoughts are with her family, blood and FFSF. May The Force Be With You.

Jess
    FFNSW

11. jedibendubruce

jedibendubruce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Although I did not know her, I offer my condolences to friends & family.

Bruce LAFF

12. Soggy-Ben Doggy

Soggy-Ben Doggy Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 9, 1999
    I'd like to offer my condolences on the loss of your CR and friend. I would also like to offer my condolences to her daugher and family.

She was a delightful and talented person who will be greatly missed.

13. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    Horrible :(
    All my condolences to the family

14. sithlordblack

sithlordblack Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    Chanel was a great friend. I miss her dearly. I was thinking maybe that we can get together on holloween night and do a candle vigil or something. Holloween meant alot to Chanel, lets do something special for her.
    CHANEL, God bless, you will always be in my heart.
    Charles

15. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    condolences from rhode island

i did not know chanel on the boards or in person, but it is a loss that is deeply felt nonetheless

16. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    My condolences on your loss.

I'm sorry to have missed out on knowing such a wonderful person.

17. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
  18. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    I didn't know Chanel but I've heard nothing but wonderful things about her. It is a terrible loss and she will be deeply missed by those who knew her and loved her and those of us who didn't have the chance to know such a beautiful person.

19. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    We in the Sacramento Rogue Force had a talk about it during our brief film meeting yesterday and we thought it would be a great idea to have a meeting between the two fanforces and the 501st. (when everyone has time of course)

We thought it might be nice to have everyone meet for dinner somewhere in-between our core area's.
    We've been trying to become more connected to the S.F fanforce and the 501st as well and coming together to share stories about Chanel would be a nice way to share her life with those of us who didn't know her well enough or at all.

I was happy to see that those decals have already begun to bring in money for the fund as well.

take care.
    Michael aka Sacul-1138

20. Tal-Kender

Tal-Kender Jedi Master star 2

Jul 26, 2002
    I was blessed to meet her at this past Comic-Con: she was the only one who recognized who I was costuming as, which made me feel much better. She always seemed to have a smile for everyone.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family. She will be truly missed.

21. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I would like to add my condolences to the family. May Creator have her in loving embrace.

22. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's very sad to loose fellow fan like Chanel. I didn't know her personally, but since ever I became a member in the Rebel Legion and have used to browse through the costume section I was so impressed by her costumes. I never realised that who she was on these boards though, and now it's too late.

My thoughts are with her family and friends. :(

23. Bakh-tor_01

Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I never knew Chanel. But having been a Star Wars fan a long time and seeing how much she contributed to the SW comunities, she will be missed. Its a shame to lose a fellow fan and therefor a friend who had so much of life left.

She will be missed my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family

24. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    On behalf of the LA FF, we are all very sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Marshall Naiman
    Darth-Bubba

25. DIE1138

DIE1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    I'm very moved by the words of Chanel's friends. I'm one of those unfortunate people who haven't met her. My condolences and prayers go out to all her friends and family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.