main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lost and found, poetry inspiration challenge, complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Apr 11, 2015.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lost and found
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: Beyond
    Character: Tarko Sanek
    Genre: challenge
    Summary: Tarko Sanek writes about his life as a Jedi, hiding for the Empire and finding his family.

I got number 7 and it inspired me to write a multi-part story 'Lost and found'
    “On First Looking into Chapman’s Homer,” by John Keats

Much have I travell’d in the realms of gold,
    And many goodly states and kingdoms seen;
    Round many western islands have I been
    Which bards in fealty to Apollo hold.
    Oft of one wide expanse had I been told
    That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne;
    Yet did I never breathe its pure serene
    Till I heard Chapman speak out loud and bold:
    Then felt I like some watcher of the skies
    When a new planet swims into his ken;
    Or like stout Cortez when with eagle eyes
    He star’d at the Pacific—and all his men
    Look’d at each other with a wild surmise—
    Silent, upon a peak in Darien.

Lost and found

I am Tarko Sanek, born on Bor-Rhimmol and found in an orphanage by Jedi healer Filia LaKee and Jedi knight and negotiator Ithil Jolin who were returning after a mission to the outer rim.
    I was raised in the Jedi-temple, became a Jedi-knight and was injured during what is now known as the Clone-wars. I escaped the purge with help from Jedi- and other friends and discovered that I had family living on Moniron.
    I am now on Moniron in the company of my family. What follows is an account of my travels leading to the reunion. The inspiration came when I saw Mount Moniron.

Chapter 1

“Yes, going to nowhere and from there to somewhere.” Keren Harlin had said that with a big smile on his face when I had secured his crashwebbing. That had been more than 4 days ago when our pilot Leod Irwihan guided our GMK seven transport into the air in Lingala.

“Look at that!” That was Keren again.

I turned my head and saw the snow capped mountain-peak and memories started to appear but they would have to wait until now to be put on flimsy.

They were recent and not so recent memories of planets I have seen like a watcher of the skies, or have travelled to, walking with sure steps on soils, using speeders and all kinds of craft to get to my destination.

They were very ancient memories of my youth, sure that I was an orphan and was having one family, the Jedi, guardians of the galaxy.

They were searing and soaring memories of the Clone wars, getting injured and being transported by Leslie Tualan and friends to Lingala to recover fully.

They were very recent memories of Lingala, caring for an injured healer, sitting on the beach with my friends and seeing an astromech coming with an urgent message. ‘Eya nani nenyea san’ ‘I have now hospital message’ was followed by more words I recognised. ‘Itnee Sanek’ you Sanek, was what had me eager to listen to the entire message and join Keren, Leod and Leslie on a journey to Moniron.
    Yes that journey was about to end in a few more minutes.

After Leod had contacted Moniron Space Control he had – before telling them who we were – gotten the coordinates to guide us and a transfer to Noranan control who would guide us to our final destination Noranan general hospital.

I was becoming increasingly restless. I am or was a Jedi-knight and used to all kinds of tense situations. Now I was very eager to leave the transport and see.

“Restless boys and I have no doubt that there are restless boys down there in Noranan.”
    That was Leslie Tualan – Jedi healer and great friend – the man who had taken me to Lingala 25 years and a few months ago and who had been making fun of Keren and me when we were showing our very un-Jedi like behaviour.

“There are.” Leod again, he had taken the transport on a deliberate long way to enter the atmosphere of Moniron above the continent Harada before flying over Rhova and Aarga and passing the great ocean before entering Monira airspace.

I saw the snow-capped mountain-peak named Mount Moniron making place for large forests and plains and started to fumble with the fastenings of my crashwebbing. I was almost there. Noranan – a beautiful town with lots of greenery, lakes and parks and cottages and some high-rise buildings in the centre, a harbour, an industrial centre and large beaches hugging an azure ocean – was appearing. And there it was; Noranan general hospital, a sprawling complex of low buildings.

“Tarko keep seated until the crashwebbing-sign is green.”

I turned my head to Leod.

“There is no green…” That was Keren but Leod interrupted him and grinned “there is” when he began to guide the transport down to a beautiful green lawn.

And knowing why we were that eager to leave he shouted “green” when he was stirring up dust and grass with the repulsors.
    He followed with “grass of home.”

I heard that very faintly. He was home but I was to be at home on a planet that I had never seen and meeting my twin-brother and parents for the first time. I rushed towards the ramp and saw it opening.

Someone – Leod or Leslie – had pushed the release to keep me from crashing against it.

tbc

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent beginning. =D= Terrific poem and fits in well with a journey of discovery.

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    This is off to quite a nice start, earlybird-obi-wan —I like how you picked up on the theme of discovery and the motif of the natural feature that inspires insights and memories. Looking forward to seeing how Tarko's meeting with his parents and brother will go. So glad to have you in on this challenge! :)

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Many surprises will follow

I love to do this challenge and it's taking me in a different way to write a story

Chapter 2

“Rihan!”

“Tarko!”

I flew into my brother’s arms and saw through my tears the same liquid brown eyes I had seen so many times when looking into the mirror after a harrowing experience. I will tell you about harrowing experiences later. The meeting with my found family comes first. Beautiful eyes, windows to the eternal soul, these were the eyes of my brother I had never known. I supported him and he supported me when we walked to our parents. And I saw the eyes of my father Ragno and mother Irisa. They were kind eyes, full of compassion and love and taking me in. I had found my real family, my family of the soul.

A very emotional meeting followed. I hugged my mom and my dad.

I heard all about their stay on Bor-Rhimmol. Ragno and Irisa were sent for a twenty year term to Bor-Rhimmol by the Moniron government to be the ambassadors. They stayed in the embassy. Ragno was overjoyed when Irisa announced that she was pregnant. A mid-wife – a native from Malaan and a human settler on Bor-Rhimmol and as it became known adhering strictly to religious customs of the Morgon cult – was assigned to my mother.

‘You have to deliver your babies in the hospital’ was what she told my mother. ‘I don’t know if they will survive. Twins are a bad omen. Morgon states this.’

Mom and dad argued with her that twins were very welcome on Moniron and never seen as a bad omen and that the delivery could be in the comfort of the master-bedroom. But the mid-wife – supported by her superior, another Morgon-follower – arranged for a delivery in the hospital.

Mom told me that she went to the hospital when we gave our first signs. She hoped to meet with one of the friendly nurses she had met during her check-ups. ‘But there she was with her nurses. The mid-wife helped me and I named the first son Rihan. He was taken away immediately from me by a nurse. You were born and I named you Daraan. You were taken by the mid-wife to the nursery and a nurse took care of me.’

I asked where dad was.

Mom told me that fathers were not allowed in the delivery room or the nursery. “Ragno had to wait outside in the large waiting-room for all patients.”

“Yes son and that’s where the mid-wife came to tell me that twins were indeed a bad omen and that the second born had died. And we had no body. The mid-wife told me that customs had to be followed and that the body was given to the fire of doom.” My father was teary-eyed when he said that.

Mom began to tell about the last year on Bor-Rhimmol and the return to Moniron. She ended “We became again teachers at Rondor medical university.”

My brother gave me a wink. Like him I had become a doctor. Rihan said “I followed in their footsteps and became friends with Cedrick Arovan, who had settled in Noranan after coming to Moniron from Irellion. And I was there for him when he felt the destruction of Irellion.”

I told them that I did feel the destruction too and where I was. I was on Anaxes for training with the Republic Special Forces and just about to score my hit on the ‘enemy’ when I could barely suppress a cry. I was discovered of course by instructor Kraytdragon and said that I had a bad day before being given some more exercise to remember what a bad day meant. My group avoided me the remainder of the day and that evening I felt as lonely as on the day I was born.

Rihan wanted to know of course more about the Jedi and why I went to the Special Forces and how I ended up being a doctor but mom caught up on the word lonely.

I will write first about my early youth.
    I told my brother and parents that my first impression was of utter loneliness when I felt only some soft cloth and hands gripping me and carrying me to the cold.

“It was a cold day when you were born.” Mom stroked me softly on my hand.

That hand had me remembering more. “I was cold but not for long.” Someone – taking pity – must have taken me somewhere.

tbc

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh what a wonderful reunion and how tragic to be misled about losing the second twin! :( A crazy superstition about luck that is! :rolleyes: Enjoying the sharing of memories.

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Interesting to read about Tarko's (and Rihan's) very earliest beginnings, and his memories (Force-induced?) of those moments. Seems like it will foreshadow some other very interesting things about both brothers. Even the fact that our protagonist originally had a different name is intriguing. [face_thinking] Looking forward to more!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I wonder where we will go from this. The dark side seems to close in...

Sorry that it took so long for me to react, but I have some RL issues at present. It is all very complicated... :(

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More early memories in the next chapter
    Some beliefs are disgusting
    Not dark but

Chapter 3

Somewhere, I will write about somewhere and what followed. As a Force-sensitive I remember things from my very early youth.

The somewhere was discovered soon by me. I was in a nice environment passing some days in quiet oblivion being fed and cared for until someone giving me a familiar feeling picked me up. Was it my family?

No. The familiar feeling came from another Force-sensitive. It was the Force I felt flowing strongly. I was taken to something loud and was restrained. Some noise and I fell asleep.
    The next thing I knew was someone lifting me. Now I know that I had been found by Jedi in an orphanage and was transported in their ship to my new home.

“Tarko Sanek you are. Jedi you will become.”

I remember a being with clawed hands and feet and some grey hair, pointed ears and kind yellow-green eyes in a wrinkled green face telling me that before the one carrying me put me in a soft thing.
    Drinks and when I was ready mixed with solid food were in abundance and given by a nice and caring man. The man was my crèche master Jos Sephiin. He was the one to raise me.
    Tarko or Sanek or Tarko Sanek was heard often by me, especially when I learned how to use my hands and feet to explore where I was.

I was with more little beings. Some were like me. Others had hair all over their bodies or strange tails or horns on their head. Another was the green guy with the claws. I discovered later – I was two years old – that he was an adult and a teacher and known as Master Yoda.

I had been naughty and was being told that I was, escaping the large room where I was and headed into an even larger corridor leading to interesting rooms. A little boy has some exploring to do I think. Everyone does.
    But crèche master Sephiin caught me and no – we didn’t go back to the crèche – we headed down that large corridor, into an elevator and towards a door and in a room where the green being was sitting on a round cushion. Before him was something that didn’t look like food at all. He introduced himself as master Yoda and he wasn’t talking like my crèche master or the other care-takers at all.

“Exploring you like. New this is. Stew you eat Tarko Sanek,” was what he told me offering me a bowl of the disgusting brew.

And I had to eat and of course threw it all up as soon as I was carried out of the room.
    And wriggling more in the crèche master’s arms I was taken to the healers. I was quite allergic to the stew and had to swallow some equally disgusting medicine.
    Master Yoda and healers; I hoped to avoid them but no.

The next time I went to the healers I met Jadin Finn, the one who ended up on Moniron during the clone wars, mistook Rihan for me and set the things in motion bringing me to my family.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL on the ubiquitous stew :p and yay for Finn making a reunion possible.

10. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, what a fun appearance by our favorite "green guy with claws"—interesting to see him figuring in some of Tarko's early reminiscences and making such an impression—how could he not, of course? :D That stew, though... poor kid! I guess that's why Yoda's a Jedi Master and not a chef. :p

Coming along well—looking forward to Tarko's continued reminiscences! :)

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That was a long update, bird.

Master Yoda and healers; I hoped to avoid them but no.

And this wishful thinking. ;)

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    That will be revealed in another chapter
    He has more funny things to reveal in the next chapter
    He will meet both

Chapter 4

Jadin Finn, I will first tell you about meeting him again on Moniron before continuing with my visit to the healers.
    I met Jadin after meeting my family and going with my brother to a greatly appreciated real water and soap shower. The transport that had brought us to Moniron had only the sonic shower. I was changing into a blue garment and beginning to look exactly like my brother when his comlink alerted him. Rihan confirmed that we had to meet Doctor Marille Er-Denal for some tests. I will tell you later about the why of the tests.
    We went and had our tests and were headed to Rihan’s friend Cedric when we passed the treatment room of Jadin Finn where Keren Harlin was very eager to have his ‘Kaminoan torture device’ – a brace – replaced by a cast for his broken arm. Rihan and I had our fun with Keren who couldn’t figure out who was who by asking all about the ‘Kaminoan torture device’ or MMCU.

Rihan wanted to know what a MMCU was and I explained that the Kaminoans had designed the mobile medical care unit or torture device for transporting patients and that I was in one designed by the Jedi and equally uncomfortable when I was headed with Leslie Tualan to Lingala.
    Of course Rihan wanted to know why I was in the torture device but I said that first my life as a Jedi will be revealed and my first meeting with Jadin all those years ago in the Jedi-temple.

All beings want to know where they were born. I was three and going with crèche master Sephiin to the healers to get my shots and my first meeting with Jadin Finn.
    I felt something familiar when Jadin handed me my present after the shot. It was a large plastform syringe, a toy to create some mischief.

That familiarity had me running – with my present – towards the great little Jedi master who could answer my questions. He often did answer questions when visiting us in the crèche. But this was a question I wanted to ask him alone.
    Crèche master Sephiin let me go this time. I knew how to get to Master Yoda from my previous visit and there he was again sitting on a meditation cushion and eyeing his horrible stew.

“No stew for you Tarko. Question you have.” That was said as a statement by the great master and he gazed at me with those all knowing kind eyes. “Plastform syringe fun it is given to you by Jadin Finn. Jadin same species he is.”

I was a bit baffled by the statement and wanted of course to know if Jadin was family.
    Master Yoda explained all about the Jedi being one large family and also some about the species Dunai elder.

“Dunai elder you are and long lived species like me. Found in an orphanage on Bor-Rhimmol you were by Jedi healer Filia LaKee and Jedi knight Ithil Jolin. The two Jedi asked the caretaker if relatives alive there were. Single mother – no father – died delivering you. Nurse bringing you to orphanage she did where discovered you were.”

And sure he did see my puzzled looks and I told him that my first memory was of utter loneliness and being cold and that I didn’t feel that my mother had died.

“Future reveal it will. Jedi you will become. Ready for teachings you are.” Master Yoda was rather cryptic when he took me to a great hall where my friends from the crèche were and crèche master Sephiin.

I got my first lightsaber training after Master Yoda demonstrated with his lightsaber some very impressive katas. I was unsure if I could ever reach his level and had shaking hands when I was offered the training lightsaber.

“Do or don’t. Don’t try Tarko.”

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent clues from Yoda and Tarko starting on a future path early.

14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I love little!Tarko's curiosity in learning more and more about his origins, and his courage in speaking up to Yoda about his feeling that his mother is still alive—it seems as though Yoda's hiding something from him, but that his own Force gift is already showing him glimmers of the truth. The syringe toy is intriguing; I'm as curious about it as Tarko is. :D

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I got my first lightsaber training after Master Yoda demonstrated with his lightsaber some very impressive katas. I was unsure if I could ever reach his level and had shaking hands when I was offered the training lightsaber.

“Do or don’t. Don’t try Tarko.

Go, Tarko, go. Just do it! You can do it. No trying! [face_party]

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yoda will be essential for Tarko
    Yoda will help
    He can do

Chapter 5

Those words were heard often during my training. I developed a liking for mechanical things when we visited the technical department. Shaking hands became very steady hands.
    That was very useful for using tools and toys like the large plastform syringes we got from the healers during each visit for shots. We were good at creating mischief, filled them with water and had our water-fight in the corridors or when we were getting older in the gardens. The garden of a thousand fountains with lots and lots of water and winding paths, trees and bushes and nooks and crannies to hide was liked by us.

I didn’t meet Jadin anymore when I had to visit the healers for the usual shots and little scrapes and bruises after some very intense training or tinkering with a speeder or an engine of a transport. And there were the little and not so little injuries after my explorations of every nook and cranny of the temple. I was quite the explorer when I was young and that didn’t stop when I became the apprentice of a very old master shortly before I turned thirteen.

My 13th birthday was near and I had seen age-mates becoming apprenticed to a master. I was getting worried that I was being sent away to the agri-corps. I had demonstrated my mediocre skill with a lightsaber in the training-room with masters watching me. Hiding and blending in with the environment were skills mastered by me but never seen by those masters. And there was of course my great technical skill and that had me being asked by master Yoda to repair his oven. No smelling stew this time to distract me but I was almost finished when the door opened to reveal the chief engineer Master Gavin Maurishka, a very old Serindian who was 247 years old. He saw my work and asked me as his apprentice. I agreed of course. You should have seen the smiling eyes of Master Yoda. He must have arranged it.

Gavin Maurishka, no one – including me after he told me – called him by his given name Gavin. It was always Grease Maurishka or just Grease. Grease was liked by him. It had to do with his appearance, a forever dirty but greatly skilled engineer who could fix everything. And it had to do with his moustache, his pride and joy. It was long and groomed with grease into perfect upward pointing tips that were dancing when he laughed.

Laughing was done often by us.

Grease sure had fun first when he saw his friend Master Qui-Gon Jinn and padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi returning to the temple after a long mission to protect Satine Kryze the Duchess of Mandalore.
    Padawan Kenobi landed the battered airspeeder in our hangar and exited it with his master and what did Grease ask?

“Is your padawan known for happy landings and making us unhappy with many repairs?”

Qui-Gon just ignored Grease and headed with padawan Kenobi limping after him to the elevator.
    That had Grease baffled and just watching to see Garen Muln catch up with the two before they ordered the elevator.

Garen Muln – a very skilled pilot and friend – often needed our services after landing a battered speeder, transport or one of the new fighters. He came to us after seeing Obi-Wan becoming under the care of healer Aaqu Maerhin and told us about the distracted padawan and even more distracted master who didn’t notice that his padawan was injured.

‘Only Obi-Wan’s distractions were recognised by Jinn’ was what Garen said. ‘I have seen Master Jinn distracted when he came back from Absolom after Master Tahl died.’

And talking about distractions, the biggest distraction arrived in the Jedi-temple after Master Jinn died on Naboo.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= I like "Grease" and yup, distractions aplenty [face_laugh] Anakin is the master of them all. [face_mischief]

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    ‘Only Obi-Wan’s distractions were recognised by Jinn’ was what Garen said. ‘I have seen Master Jinn distracted when he came back from Absolom after Master Tahl died.’

And talking about distractions, the biggest distraction arrived in the Jedi-temple after Master Jinn died on Naboo.

I like to see how you weave history into your diaries. :)

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He was

Chapter 6

Anakin Skywalker was the big distraction. He was nine years old and untrained and apprenticed to Kenobi when he arrived here on Coruscant. And he was brilliant and enrolled in classes with older apprentices where he was quite the distraction when we were listening to our teacher. He was in my class on robotics and always working on a project of his own. He made droids and once I heard from my master that an Anakin-droid had come into the chamber where the high council was debating. The droid was delivered cut in half before the Kenobi-Skywalker apartment. For his droid-making Anakin was coming up with parts wherever he could find them in the seedy parts of Coruscant.

Are nine-year olds allowed out of the Jedi-temple? Sure we did and we were even younger. We did go out but always accompanied by a teacher or crèche master and never to unsafe places like the garbage pits and the works.
    Anakin did go to those places and came back with parts for his projects.
    And Kenobi often went to search for his padawan, a lover of the speed of garbage-pit races.

I found out when he came to the hangar where I was working with Grease to repair a speeder. He needed a spanner to repair his race-wings and asked Spanners to give him one.

By the way Jedi knight Spanners is funny like my master and never using his real name Aiden O-Lenge. He got his nickname when he was still a padawan and used a hydrospanner to get an unwilling engine working. The hydrospanner broke down because of the great strength used but the engine was running smoothly. And since that event the rule number one for getting a new tools is; let Spanners test them. If the tool remains intact it’s acceptable. Otherwise send it back with a complaint.
    Spanners – with his red hair and twinkling blue eyes – is great friends with Tomy Itsi, another Jedi in the technical department.

Tomy – we always called him by his given name – was a little human with grey hair and brown eyes in a tanned complexion. He became my master but that will be revealed later.

When not attending classes or training I worked with my master and Spanners and Itsi in the hangar.

I remember Kenobi coming back with a bedraggled Anakin and hurrying to the council. Both were smelly, coming from the garbage-pit. The two were sent on a mission.
    I saw Master Thracia Cho Leem coming back in the hangar where I was working with Grease on one of the transports. She told us that she had sent Kenobi and Skywalker on a mission to search for Vergere.

A few weeks later she came back with the two and ordered Tomy Itsi to ready a transport. She was going to visit her family.
    Tomy knew and we knew that Thracia had a daughter.

Anakin back on Coruscant was more trouble.
    I could fill pages writing about the trouble Anakin caused to his master or others. One disaster followed soon after the search for Vergere.

Anakin was friends with Melian Norrin, the padawan of Master Ithil Jolin (one of the Jedi who found me) and his search for parts needed to make another droid he was making brought him to the seedy Corunda district and more trouble for his master.
    Kenobi went after his padawan, got into a fight and was seriously injured and saved by neuro-surgeon Hanjo Tavar.
    Kenobi had short spiky hair after the accident and needed a long time to recover.
    Siri Tachi helped him. She had been on an undercover mission serving Krayn and needed some help too to overcome what she had been ordered to do.

Siri was visiting the hangar and began to smile when she saw Spanners.
    Grease wanting to know why she was doubled over with laughter went to her and I followed him.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Siri was visiting the hangar and began to smile when she saw Spanners.
    Grease wanting to know why she was doubled over with laughter went to her and I followed him.

Siri can be such a minx! ;)

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And coming with a funny story

Chapter 7

Siri Tachi talked to us about her undercover mission when she came back from her R and R mission to the Jedi training facility on Corellia. She first had to tell about a funny event watched by her and Kenobi in the crawl-ducts above the big library where Master Jocasta Nu resided with haughty looks to every master, knight or padawan who dared to come in having something dirty on his or her clothes.

After Siri came back from Corellia Tomy Itsi let her keep the transport after she landed. Jedi knight Nejaa Halcyon had asked her to bring archive-material retrieved from Corellia to Nu.
    She would ask her padawan Ferus Olin to help with the material.
    That had Itsi getting his archive stuff, filling a box and Spanners placing his box with material on an equipment cart after he cleared it from the tools.
    Some archive-material from Grease found its way on the cart. And that material sure is frowned upon by Nu being very dirty.

I could picture Nu’s face seeing those reports adored with grease, sticky rubber bands and rust stains from staples.
    But I had to hear Siri’s story to report what she had seen in the archives.

Spanners had dressed in a clean robe, tied his long red hair at the nape of his neck with a leather thong, took the tow-handle from the equipment cart and guided it towards Tomy’s office. There the two waited for Ferus to come with a four wheeled cart stuffed with the Corellian material and hooked that cart to the equipment-cart.

Meanwhile Siri had met Obi-Wan and had entered the crawl-duct with him and unknown to them Master Yoda was following.
    Six Jedi were headed to the archives. Disaster was about to happen.

Siri was smiling when she told us what happened. She was watching from a grate in the crawl-duct and was discussing spiders and webs when master Yoda commented that the two should clean the crawl-duct and scurried past them to a second grate to watch the entering carts.

Nu was of course very annoyed when she saw the dirty carts entering her precious archives. She inspected the stuff from Tomy and found caf-stains and was beginning to call him an archive-disaster when Ferus came in with the Halcyon material. The first report was as she wished until she heard Tomy snickering that Nejaa had been to Treasure Ship Row, an infamous district in Coronet City.
    She grabbed the offending material from the box and was starting to leaf through it when a grate from the ceiling came sailing into the room with master Yoda perched on it and touching one of the decorations on Nu’s hair-bun. I still recall Siri’s exact words, repeating the heard conversation.

“Aach that noise, look what you have done Master Yoda.”

“Safe landing I did. Hurt nobody coming down.”

“You did master Yoda. My pride, my hair and look what’s on my desk”

“More on your desk I see. Colourful magazines. Tsk tsk Master Nu. For ladies they are not. Men ashamed they should be.”

After that funny story Siri told us about her undercover mission. She was teary-eyed when she told about the slaves and the girl that had found her family again.

The Jedi were one big family but had their groups.
    Mine was that of the technical department.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] Crawl-duct mischief. Yup, Jedi and their groups. [face_mischief]

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Aach that noise, look what you have done Master Yoda.”

“Safe landing I did. Hurt nobody coming down.”

“You did master Yoda. My pride, my hair and look what’s on my desk”

“More on your desk I see. Colourful magazines. Tsk tsk Master Nu. For ladies they are not. Men ashamed they should be.”

I like this old rascal. Always playing things down by using his immense charme!

24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, I'm now caught up on Tarko's recollections. I like how you made him mechanically skilled, even with "mediocre" lightsaber skills: besides an opportunity to introduce the very colorful characters like Grease and Spanners, it's a nice reminder that life in the Jedi temple isn't all swashbuckling adventure and that even the Jedi need people to fix broken things sometimes. With those gifts, it makes sense that Tarko's first brush with Anakin would be in the mechanical realm, since Anakin's got those skills too—and of course how could Anakin's love of speed in thrills not result in a bit of broken machinery here and there!

Adorable library scene (and I know that you write things like that from your own job experience). :D Motor grease and archival material definitely do not mix—I can just imagine Master Nu's face. :eek: And what a magnificent and totally in-character entrance by Yoda! [face_laugh] I'm enjoying how you're writing him here.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They can have fun
    Yes
    It is fun to write the supporting characters. They keep the Jedi in the field. And Tarko will have some of that field-experience too

Chapter 8

I was a few weeks from becoming a legal adult at 18 years when Master Gavin Maurishka became one with the Force.
    I was with him in our apartment and we had meditated before going to bed. And lying awake I felt him transferring the bond – forged during the braiding ceremony – to Tomy Itsi.

‘Tomy will finish what I have begun. You have a great future my padawan. I will see you again.’ Those were the last words heard in the Force by me. And I did see him united in the Force again but that was on Lingala when I met the Lingalans. I will tell you about that but first the ceremony for Grease and my apprenticeship under Tomy Itsi.
    Immediately after his last words in the Force I went to Grease.

Tomy was the first to enter our apartment.
    I felt immediately the familiar bond. We went to master Maurishka and he must have known. He was there. His body didn’t disappear.

You may have heard about the body of Force sensitives disappearing at the moment of death. During my days as a Jedi in the temple I have known only one Jedi doing that.
    Barkanian lizard Tss-kik-Shh-Kir-ssj-kr – known to me as Shh-Kir and serving in the archives – became one with the force when I was ten. I attended his ceremony and saw only his dress – a loincloth – on the pyre.
    Grease knew and was dressed in a beautiful white long gown. His face was serene. His moustache was perfectly groomed.

As with Serindian customs the ceremony to celebrate his passing in the Force is held on the same day.
    We placed the body on a stretcher and went to the hall of fire and found many of our friends already gathered there.
    Healer Kaagi Adin was there standing next to Tomy. And I heard Tomy telling about taking me as his padawan even before Grease became my master. But he was delighted to see that I became the padawan of Grease.

‘Now I can finish what Gavin Maurishka has begun’ was what Tomy said to Kaagi Adin.
    And Tomy did.

Tomy wasn’t that strong in the Force but excelled at mechanics and he saw my qualities.
    The Jedi had exchange programs running with universities and high schools.

One day I was working with Tomy on one of the small Delta class starfighters when he asked me if I wanted to fly one. I sure did and Tomy had me enrolled into the republic army and the training-school on Anaxes. He didn’t mind that it was a two-year program. He had his fun with Spanners.
    I sure looked forward to the training on a beautiful planet.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.