main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lost and found, poetry inspiration challenge, complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Apr 11, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice with Tony. :D @};- Tarko is open to learning new things. @};-

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Let´s hear more about that beautiful planet any time soon. :D

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    He is and will have some fun and...
    It's here

Chapter 9

Tomy didn’t tell me anything about the training. He was there with Spanners when I boarded the transport bound for the spaceport.
    Smiles of mischief were on their faces. Did they know something that I didn’t?

Anaxes was beautiful.
    We stayed on the continent called Arginon and that had everything to train pilots and more. It had beaches near our barracks, mountain ranges and dense jungles and deserts.
    But the training had me as all the other recruits enduring first the indoctrination phase.

Jedi or not, all were the same for our instructors. And I wasn’t the only Jedi. And my Jedi-powers didn’t make a difference.
    I had never been a star at levitation or at armed combat. Only my healing- and hiding-capabilities were very good.
    We had one instructor who was especially mean or so I thought when I met him for the first time. Looking back I can only appreciate his dedication to turn us into fighter-pilots.

Starfighter-pilots; I didn’t see any starfighters during those first two months of the indoc. Only transports were used by the instructors to get the bunch of hopefuls to some of the beautiful and not so beautiful places of Anaxes.

True the planet was beautiful but not if you are shivering in the snow and doing PT (physical training). Yeah we were dropped on an ice-field near the ski-resort area with the basic survival package. That was a tent, a sleeping-bag and a stove to make water to ready your MRE. Meals ready to eat are just as bad as the food-pills some Jedi masters use and are giving their padawans to use. I have had the luck being with Master Itsi and Spanners. Both were or are lovers of culinary food served at the restaurants and love to cook. Grease loved the culinary arts too and took me always to Serinka’s restaurant.
    MRE’s; yuck! I hope to see them gone.

Mom and dad and Rihan saw my scowling face and wanted to know of course how they tasted. And Jadin saw with a mischievous look on his face.

I saw what he was planning when I went to the restaurant with my brother. There on my plate was a note to come to the picknick-area of the hospital. We did and what was there?
    Jadin with some guys from the technical department urging us to pick up the weights and get some training first before eating that what was on the plates. Alright; we did our PT and ate our MRE’s.
    And I still see Rihan’s scowling face and hear his words ‘you had to endure that!’

I had to endure more. PT in the snow wasn’t funny with push-ups and crunches getting your butt and nose and more snow-covered. But the snow-PT had only snow to deal with.
    We had the less beautiful places like the jungle and the marshes with the mud and creepy crawlies. The latter could be chased away with some Force suggestion but mud stuck to you like wet sand.

Wet sand was a real menace.
    Another beautiful place was the beach near our barracks. We saw that beach and surf every day when we were at the home-base doing PT or just running to the restaurant.
    Sand was everywhere; in your hair, on your skin, in your ears and eyes, on your clothes and in your room when you came back from exercises. You had to remove that sand before the instructors came to inspect your room. A sandy room resulted in an instructor getting your stuff flying out of the door or window and ordering you to get wet and sandy on the beach. You were kept busy with all that sand.

The sand-trouble didn’t end after completing the indoc phase, PT neither. But we were going to fly and that meant running each day from the barracks to the hangars and classrooms.

Pilot-training was easy for me with all the experience I already had from flying transports with Grease and Tomy and training with padawans like Anakin Skywalker. Fighter-pilot training was more challenging and I ended training somewhere in the middle regions of my class.

I was honoured to meet some of those best pilots when I became a general during the wars.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Liked the details of training & the ups and downs of being in a lovely place, but can do without the creepy-crawlies and the perpetual sand in everything [face_laugh] Also glad I never had an MRE. :rolleyes:

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Pilot-training was easy for me with all the experience I already had from flying transports with Grease and Tomy and training with padawans like Anakin Skywalker. Fighter-pilot training was more challenging and I ended training somewhere in the middle regions of my class.

I was honoured to meet some of those best pilots when I became a general during the wars.

Life stories woven into one another. You are good at it, birdy!

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Sad to hear about the loss of Gavin Maurishka, but it looks like Tomy will be a worthy successor and a good match for Tarko with his mechanical aptitude. I enjoyed Tarko's observations about the "Jedi disappearing act": the fact that his own beloved master Gavin M. didn't disappear, and that only one other Jedi ever did so during Tarko's time at the temple. I'm betting there's a story behind both cases... [face_thinking]

The training on Anaxes sounds grueling! At least it took place against a beautiful backdrop. I smiled at how Tarko's recollection of the sand mirrors Anakin's: it really does "get everywhere." And I can just imagine the reaction of those three "foodie" Jedi to the MREs! Yuck, indeed! But, as we're finding out from Tarko's family's reactions, it does make a good story later. :D

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It will get worse for him
    It does. Tarko will learn more about Jedi disappearing. But firs this

Chapter 10

Returning to the Jeditemple and my master was only for a few months.
    Tomy had received the reports from my instructors and was impressed by the ones about the survival training.
    I had been able to avoid capture every time. Tomy knew about me exploring every nook and cranny of the Jeditemple when I was young.

‘You are very good in hiding and that got you under the attention of the RSF’ was what Tomy told me. ‘One of your instructors was a former RSF member. He sees a great future for you.’

RSF were the republic special forces. Could I – a Jedi-padawan – enter the Special Forces training?
    Tomy told me that I could and that I would benefit from the training.

But I had see holo’s from the training and had already seen sand and PT at the pilot-training indoc phase. I doubted if I could keep up with the indoc phase for Special Forces training.

Tomy was positive and had me exercising a lot in the training-rooms. And there was Master Yoda who saw me during one of those trainings and told me ‘do Tarko, succeed you will.’

And so I went back to Anaxes for a year of Special Forces training but that was after a two month crash course in emergency medical training to keep me busy before the next class of training began on Anaxes.

EMT was what had me realizing how bad I was injured before I passed out. And it had me on a new path after my injury during the wars and becoming a doctor on Lingala.

It was given in the Jeditemple with Vokara Che as the leading teacher. But…
    Yes but. Master Che was more the droid- and healing crystals kind of healer and she didn’t inspire me that much.
    She was a commanding figure (almost as bad as instructor Kraytdragon, who you will read about) and had me coming up with devious ideas. A large plastform syringe brought by me to the second lesson had her yelling that I was a copy of Kaagi Adin and Jadin Finn. But she didn’t send me to those two. I had to endure her endless rambling about the healing crystals and the profits of bacta-tanks and droids donated so generously to the new halls of healing by the supreme chancellor Palpatine.

I have never met Palpatine in person but seeing him on the holonet I was rather scared of him. He sure had influential friends and I was going to meet one of them.
    I completed the crash course and trained with Tomy.

tbc

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I have never met Palpatine in person but seeing him on the holonet I was rather scared of him. He sure had influential friends and I was going to meet one of them.
    I completed the crash course and trained with Tomy.

Now I have a bad feeling, plus felt a shiver.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Even more when you see who is in the next chapter

Chapter 11

Tomy had an even more mischievous look on his face when he brought me to the spaceport.

Another beach, surf and sand on Anaxes were my destination to become versed in the way of the Special Forces.
    There were the barracks, near the beach and each of us was assigned a room. This time the restaurant – if you wanted something with more taste than those MRE’s – was a ‘short’ 5 K run on the beach, sand and with low tide quite nice but not when you had to run through the water. Most of us did the run each day because it kept you in top shape and the chow was really good. And it had you three times a day away from instructor Kraytdragon.

You have heard that Kraytdragons live only on Tatooine.
    No, there was one on Anaxes and he was a human. He was just your average human with a rather mean face if you were meeting him for the first time. He didn’t come from Tatooine at all but he was just as mean as that critter giving you real bad days with PT in the surf and sand. Krell Tarkin was his real name and he was born on Eriadu. Like his brother Wilhuff – I met him during the wars when he was an admiral – he served in the Republic Outland Regions Security Force. He was asked by Palpatine to become an instructor on Anaxes. Figures with Palpatine having a luxury retreat in the mountains and being friends with almost every mean person in the republic. I heard about the atrocities done by Palpatine, Tarkin and Vader when I was on Lingala.

And did instructor Kraytdragon contribute much to our training?
    I don’t think so. You tried to ignore him and listen to the other instructors. I don’t know why they kept him at training the RSF.

Training was rough but endurable for me and I became even more an expert in hiding except that one time.
    In the second month of our training we were assigned to seek and target the enemy – one of our instructors – without being discovered by the other instructors.
    The terrain was excellent for the mission and for me. I could use the growth and bushes, rocks and crevices and some of my Force sense to come closer to the enemy.
    On afterthought I should have closed my shields but I used the Force to sense. This way with my shields down I was assaulted by a terrible feeling of despair and loss of innocent life and uttered a hoarse cry.
    Kraytdragon heard me and grabbed me and asked what in the nine hells of Corellia I was doing being so near to my target. I couldn’t tell the real reason and just told him that I had a bad day.

Kraytdragon made my bad day a day to remember by sending me to the sewer-course. I had to crawl in record-time through the sewers. That was smelly and had you covered in gooey sludge in no time. Not that bad if you were able to run to the surf but you couldn’t. The entire team was watching and keeping you from the surf.
    Now I wanted to become cold, wet and sandy but Kraytdragon ordered me to go to my room immediately after completing the sewer-course. And there I was, gooey muck clinging and drying to my clothes and skin, sitting on a chair (I didn’t want to soil my bed) with a droid keeping watch and my group just walking by making sniffing noises and nasty comments until they decided to avoid me altogether.
    I was lonely and sprinted as soon as I saw the droid hovering away at midnight to the surf to get the muck away. Not the showers because a droid kept me out of them until I was clean. The surf took care of the muck and I was allowed to enter the showers to get warm and really clean.

After that came the cleaning of my room and the next day – starting at three in the morning so you can figure out how much sleep I got – with PT on yes the beach and in the surf.

I completed the training, with points having me finishing in the middle of my group and returned to Tomy.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You have heard that Kraytdragons live only on Tatooine.
    No, there was one on Anaxes and he was a human. He was just your average human with a rather mean face if you were meeting him for the first time. He didn’t come from Tatooine at all but he was just as mean as that critter giving you real bad days with PT in the surf and sand. Krell Tarkin was his real name and he was born on Eriadu. Like his brother Wilhuff – I met him during the wars when he was an admiral – he served in the Republic Outland Regions Security Force. He was asked by Palpatine to become an instructor on Anaxes. Figures with Palpatine having a luxury retreat in the mountains and being friends with almost every mean person in the republic. I heard about the atrocities done by Palpatine, Tarkin and Vader when I was on Lingala.

That was the best comparison ever. Krell Tarkin = Kraytdragon

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Krell was just as mean as Wilhuff

Chapter 12

For months I trained with Tomy and had fun with him and his great friend Spanners. We worked mostly in the hangar and saw coming and going Jedi. Little ones – babies and toddlers – arrived with knights after being found in orphanages or other places. They were to become the new Jedi-knights after training under a master like I was doing.

But there was some unease. The seperatists were gaining influence.

The Jedi healers became involved in a new hospital on New Holstice. I found out after I helped Jadin Finn to get his stuff stuffed in the hold of a Delta-7 Aethersprite. He was ordered by Vokara Che to go to New Holstice. Why?

A few weeks after Jadin left we were ordered by the high council to ready eight Delta-7 Aethersprite fighters and some more transports.
    Could I go in one of the Delta’s? I was trained on the Delta-7.

No because my master ordered me to stay and that was after he was helping Master Yoda with a transport. I saw the great master leaving with downward ears and a sad look on his face.
    Eight Jedi left with the Delta-7 Aethersprite starfighters. Adi Gallia and Siri Tachi were helped by me to board their fighter. Siri was looking haggard. I recognised Bant Eerin and A'Sharad Hett immediately.

Councilmember Windu was the next to arrive and he was in a hurry. He commanded a group of 212 Jedi to go to the rescue of Obi-Wan Kenobi, his padawan Anakin Skywalker and Senator Padmé Amidala. His adjutant Roth-Del Masona supervised the loading of a Republic Troop Transport with a TX-130S Saber-class Fighter Tank. Something big was about to happen.

And we found out when only a few returned – many wounded and needing the care of our healers – from what became known as the battle of Geonosis and the beginning of years of fighting between the republic and the separatists leading to the destruction of the Jedi and the birth of an empire.

I saw white armoured men, all the same and wondered where they did come from. They were loading stretchers with wounded men – all looking the same except for their sometimes grievous injuries – into medevacs going to Coruscant hospitals.

Tomy enquired and found out that they were clones, bred on Kamino and all coming from the same template, a bounty-hunter named Jango Fett. They were part of the republic army.

Who ordered those troops and their sophisticated armour, weapons and transports?
    The name of Jedi-knight Syfo-Dias was mentioned. He went missing ten years ago. Was he influenced by a powerful Sith when he ordered the army?
    I have an idea that his friend Count Dooku – after leaving the Jedi and becoming a Sith – had everything to do with the army.

Palpatine – the second Sith – had his war to decimate the Jedi and had after becoming emperor his army. The clones became the stormtroopers of the empire.

I sure was kept busy during those first months of the war. We had to repair the returning transports.
    I saw age mates and even younger padawans going to the trials and becoming knights.
    Tomy didn’t send me until one of the high council-members asked him.

I passed the trials and was knighted by master Yoda.

You should have seen Tomy’s face; delighted that I was a knight but with a sad undertone. He was afraid that I would go on missions and suffer.
    His fears came true.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= Excellent blend of bitter with sweet. The knighting is something to celebrate but not unmixed with hardships. :eek:

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    So many good stories from you and so little time to read them! :(

But well, I try to keep track.

You should have seen Tomy’s face; delighted that I was a knight but with a sad undertone. He was afraid that I would go on missions and suffer.

His fears came true.

Story developments like this keep me sticking to you. I always ask myself: "What will happen next?"

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Neat to see the Clone Wars from this perspective of someone on the sidelines, working in an auxiliary capacity—it makes totally sense that not all members of the Jedi Order would see front-line action and that some would indeed do mundane things like help others into their transports and fix ships, which are just as essential—just as in the modern-day armed forces. Congrats on Tarko's knighting, and what an honor to have it done by His Greenness himself! =D=

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And what for hardships?
    You will see
    Yoda will do more but first this

Chapter 13

I had many missions stationed on one of the Jedi-cruisers and flew with the some of the best pilots in the Republic Forces.

My Special Forces training had me joining a group headed dirt-side on Maranal, a midrim world under attack. Separatists were interested in the natural resources. We turned the tide of the war supplying the government troops with new supplies and weapons.
    I became a general on a Jedi-cruiser after this mission.
    More missions led me to the outer rim where I met Wilhuff Tarkin and was placed in the battle-group of General Plo Koon. We were escorting a group of medical transports to the core when Plo Koon asked me to accompany him to New Holstice where a general was in trouble.

General d’Lorrion – commanding the Coronet Enterprise – was assigned to protect New Holstice and the hospital complex situated on the planet when two Separatist Vie-Elly’s disabled his cruiser. A V-twenty oh eight El cruiser or Vie-Elly in shorthand was a small SEP cruiser but could disable a Corruul factories Victory class star-destroyer with its ion-cannons and guided bombs. And it had a small compliment of Vulture droids and the usual nasties for boarding parties that could wreak havoc to the vital systems. We answered his call for help but my cruiser suffered heavy damage when a Vulture droid crashed in one of the fighter bays. Plo Koon ordered me to return to Coruscant.

Without a ship I expected to be assigned to another task-force.
    My Special Forces training and successful mission on Maranal was known to the high council and Kenobi remembered his mission to Onderon.
    Onderon was the planet where Kenobi, Skywalker, Tano and captain Rex helped to train and advise the rebels after a request for assistance in their struggle against the Separatist forces. They trained the rebels and gave advice.

I had given a young Jediknight one of our older transports with ID-transponder listing it as coming from the temple when my comlink had me hurrying to the high council.
    Kenobi was there as a hologram and assigned me to help commander Nijlie going to Tranal.
    The Tranal system belonged to the core section and was quite near Ralltiir and the Perlemian Trade Route. Republic Forces stationed on Ralltiir and Tranal and on battle-cruisers kept the route safe until a siege brought the government of Tranal under the control of the Separatist Forces. But the Tranal people began a rebellion and asked for assistance.

I saw Tomy giving me a worried look when he helped me to pack my gear in the aft compartment of the assigned Delta-7 Aethersprite. ‘Stay safe’ were his words when I closed the canopy and guided the starfighter out of the hangar and to the waiting hyperdrive-ring. I programmed the jump to Anaxes, arrived and guided my craft down. I was again dirt-side to meet seven members of the Special Forces.

Commander Nijlie was their leader and a nice and easy going older human from Lingala. With me the group was complete and we rehearsed the procedures to aid the Tranal commanders and trained – yes again the sand, surf and getting wet and sandy but only for a day – until we were ready to go.

We left for Tranal in an obscure old freighter of the YT-1300 class that had been converted into a smuggling vessel. Our gear was hidden and we were just a group of tramps led by Nijlie. We landed on Tranal and connected with the rebels. We split our forces in four pairs and began our training of the Tranal commanders and the next two days we did just that. One commander impressed us with his ideas.

A leader of the rebels coming with Intel about the Seperatists had us making plans.
    The Intel was really good and an attack could liberate Tranal. But we needed more troops and weapons.
    I contacted the high command and requested a task-force.

The clones arrived and Nijlie and I teamed up with them and our rebels to lead the ground assault on the Separatist main base.
    We started the attack on the evening of 5 selona.

Early dawn found me leading my group of clones through the dense jungle to our main target when I spotted Nijlie beginning to engage. But he was in danger and I took a Force enhanced run and jumped to slash the drone with my lightsaber. I felt fiery hot particles entering my legs and arms and could hold barely hold my lightsaber when I landed next to Nijlie and pushed him away into a crevasse. A grenade was headed our way. I tried to follow Nijlie but the grenade exploded. I was thrown into the air and felt something hitting my head on the left side and knew no more.

tbc:eek:

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Exciting mission ending in a [face_nail_biting] situation indeed.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It was a dire situation

Chapter 14

‘Tarko hold on.’

I was in limbo but hearing Yoda?
    That isn’t very Yoda like. What is he doing?
    Gloves and three fingers?

‘Back you have to come.’

I opened my eyes, no I tried to open my eyes and saw a hazy bubble with something greenish in it and I thought it was a green elf from the netherworld.

‘Green elf I am not.’

That sounded definitely like Yoda and I was sure when I heard ‘Recover you will.’
    The green faded.

The next one I saw was Jedi-healer Leslie Tualan giving me a big smile. And I felt nothing down the middle, my left arm was numb and I had a breath-mask and bandages on my face and took a deep breath. Wrong Tarko. My ribs were feeling bad as if they had been used as a punch-ball. I asked why and Leslie explained that he had to do CPR twice during the procedure where Kaagi was saving me. He explained all about my injuries. I had two broken legs, a complicated break in my left arm, a lacerated kidney, bladder and guts and a big trauma to the left hemisphere. And he told me that he was taking me to Lingala on the same transport for a group of younglings on a training trip.

Shortly after Leslie told me about the trip and the nice hospital on Lingala a soft humming sound was heard by me. I recognised the sound as coming from engines designed by Gavin Maurishka. What needed those engines?
    I found out soon enough when Leslie and two 2-1B droids began to lift me and guide me into a horrible thing. Yes Rihan; it was the MMCU or torture device. It keeps you warm and unaware of movement because as soon as you are installed in it the synthrubber lining traps you when they are inflated.
    Leslie explained all about the designers among them Kaagi and my old master Grease before he injected a sleeping-medicine in the tap of my IV.

The next thing I knew was waking up and feeling the same icky things covering my body. Was I still in the Kaminoan torture device? No, it was a medbed this time and it was covered with thermal sheets made out of synthrubber.
    A very kind doctor – Lew Horrin – came into my view with a wisp of his grey hair visible from under the green cap he was wearing. And I heard the smooth movements of the 2-1B-droids and another person – Nurse Kevin Kaol – in the room. I tried to ask about the why of the sheets but no words left my mouth.

Lew saw my struggle, asked Kevin for a glass of water and guided a straw beneath the breath-mask into my mouth.
    That little bit of water improved the condition of my mouth but only a bit. I had still a hoarse whispering voice when I asked Lew and Kevin to remove the sheets and replace them with something more comfy. But my strength was improving and I showed it by beginning to lift the top-sheet using the Force.

Lew immediately ordered Kevin and one of the 2-1B’s to grab the sheet and keep it in place.
    I focused on the glass and had it hovering to Kevin and the 2-1B. Success! The 2-1B was doused and left with a smiling Kevin the room. I only had the second droid to deal with. But that was a tough one and Lew didn’t give me any more water. He had to help the 2-1B.

I was still struggling with the droid when Leslie Tualan entered and I asked him if those sheets could go.
    Leslie began to quote master Yoda and asked about the frivolous use of the Force.

I answered that frivolous use is a no and that the sheets were icky and I began to tell about a mission in the outer rim under General Skywalker. I was leading the 422th squadron and my second in command Double two got blasted by a clanker and was placed on a medstretcher with the same inflatable synthrubber sheets. He called it a Kaminoan torture device when I strapped him into it. He was shipped to Kaliida Shoals Med Center because he was a clone and he survived.

Lew and Leslie had no love for the Kaminoan butchers who see the clones as units. Severely injured clones are used by them to provide parts for other injured clones and left to die.
    Lew told about his meetings with the clones in Ligano. They have personalities and can have fun. He was invited to play a game of circleball.
    Circleball – with a circular playground that could be set up anywhere and with rules that permitted to carry the ball, use hands to throw and feet to kick the ball and almost all means to get the ball – was a rough but fair game with players respecting each other.
    I too am a lover of circleball and had a nice discussion going with Lew and him inviting me to watch a game of the Ingal blues against the Ligano reds.
    A long time passed with that discussion and I liked another drink. I was given more water by Leslie.
    Lew remarked my improving stats.
    And yes, the upper thermal sheet was replaced by a green sheet and a soft comforter.

The next day – only four days after my surgery – I found out that Lew had met my old master Grease.
    Leslie came back from the beach and told me about his meeting with the Lingalans. They are mammals living in the water. They can communicate through the Force and told Leslie their history and that he was safe.
    Safe? We were to find out.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Like Lew and Leslie. :)

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Me, too. You always create nice characters we want to know more about.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    You will see more but first a short chapter ending with a cliffie

Chapter 15

Five days after my surgery and I was on liquid food. Leslie was helping me when I saw his eyes getting a there-is-something look.
    I felt it too. There was a Jedi in trouble and he was coming towards us with a shuttle.

Leslie went for help and I had fun with nurse Tess Julioni.
    She complained to Leslie when he came back. I only had the globs of liquid food moving this and that way until she caught them with the spoon to guide the glob into my mouth.
    And that’s frivolous use of the Force?

Leslie said that he would get the inflatable stretcher from master Maiam.
    I dreaded that Kaminoan torture device and saw the smile on Leslie’s face. He told about saving Steph Fray now resting with his master Davion Maiam in the room next to me.

One of the initiates – Ger Skagal – suffered from acute peritonitis and became Leslie’s third patient.
    Ger was brought to the hospital by Jedihealer Gant Beon and Alan Guyet, an anaesthetist and a pilot from New Holstice who needed some time away from the big hospital treating clones and Jedi.

I met Alan too. He is a funny guy and a natural with children and has a new distraction.
    He has ordered a special uniform resembling that of a pilot but usable in the IC-ward. Even the helmet and face-mask are matching. He was there to see Ger getting awake after the drain-tubes and lower life-support were gone.

That was on selona 20 a day before disaster struck.

tbc:eek:

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= and [face_nail_biting] Nice lead-up to "disaster."

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The big one for the Jedi

Chapter 16

Almost all Jedi were killed on that day what was to become known as the day of the great Jedi-purge or order 66 and the rise of the empire.

I felt great grief and warned using the Force my former master Tomy Itsi to flee before I lost consciousness shortly after Leslie slid to the floor.

Coming back to consciousness I saw Lew with an unknown man.
    He introduced himself as Peter Sloan and told me about the narrow escape with a group of Jedi and his friends from New Holstice when clones turned on the Jedi and began to exterminate all the Jedi. Peter is from Lingala and told me that the Jedi are safe on Lingala. Coming into Lingalan space he encountered a buoy warning him to stay away from the planet of death because a deadly fever was raging. But he knew and contacted his father working at the spaceport.
    Sheir-Irel and Lingalans will keep the planet safe and have done that in the past instructing the government to place the planet under quarantine because of a raging deadly fever.

Lew told me about the Jedi-comlinks becoming active and ordering all Jedi to return to the temple. But Matt Rigauds – one of the nurses caring for me – distrusted the message because it was code and text and the text had faulty grammar.
    Melian Norrin – in the wilderness with the initiates and Vin Nawarra and Nas Aena who discovered the wrong grammar too – had the same ideas about the code and had taken precautions by reprogramming the transponder of the shuttle.

Lew told me that all Jedi are very welcome on Lingala and that all have new homes, families and jobs.
    I could begin to study becoming a doctor because of my emergency medical training and I had a job in Ingal hospital.

The day after the purge I had five very welcome visitors.
    Alan Guyet – dressed in his IC-pilot-uniform came in with Ger Skagal and Keren Harlin. The latter told me that master Itsi is with Spanners, Timo Herefa and Sarghi Vellia safe on Corellia.
    I asked Keren who told him that and he pointed to the Sheir-Irel.
    He pointed to the window and there they were.
    I was totally mesmerised by them and unaware of what Peter and Lew were doing with my legs. I noticed when splints were applied and the two grabbing one leg and starting to move it. I was ordered to wriggle my toes and sure that was a bit uncomfortable but the smiling faces of Ger and Keren encouraged me to do the movement.
    Ger and Keren had found a new home. They were adopted by Alan and his fiancée Lillian. After the therapy I slept and dreamt of the Sheir-Irel.

After my short sleep I had fun adding my words to a recording with Leslie, Peter and Lew helping me. It was part of a deception to make the empire-troopers now in charge of the Jedi-temple believing that two returning shuttles were filled with all the Jedi who had stayed on Lingala. They must have destroyed the two shuttles.

In the afternoon Leslie was telling me about my progress when his comlink showed him a new message clearly made by a surviving Jedi and warning us to stay away from the temple and go into hiding.
    Yoda? Kenobi? I wasn’t sure. They weren’t one with the Force.

Leslie was telling that Kaagi was safe on Moniron when Alan came in and began to tell us about his ancestors and gave me a book about Moniron. I sure wanted to find out more about that planet but that had to wait.

tbc

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent strategies to stay safe and start anew. @};- Yup, the coded warnings - crucial indeed! Lingala and Correllia are terrific havens/refuges.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They are and look what it is bringing for the Jedi

Chapter 17

I couldn’t be there on 5 telona when Alan Guyet married Lillian Pirelli but the couple and their adopted sons Keren and Ger came the day after the marriage to my room to show the holorecording.
    I was still forming a unit with my bed but I was improving steadily. Legs and arms got their daily exercises.

I was allowed to sit and have my legs over the edge, stand on them and on 15 telona it happened. Ger, Keren, Alan and Leslie came in. The first three were dressed in their IC-pilot-uniforms and Leslie was wearing his normal greens. I had to take my first steps and I did, feeling the support from the three Jedi and – no surprise – Alan. And I felt something.
    A training-bond was forming between Ger and me and I asked him. Ger was very sure and Alan – his foster-parent – approved and became my second student. I became a student too with Alan as my teacher.
    Leslie got Keren as his apprentice. And we all became members of hospital squadron. I was going to meet them the next day.

After getting into my wheelchair I was guided by Lew and Leslie to a waiting medevac for a short flight to a place that would become my new home on Lingala. It was a former kindergarten with classrooms now turned into apartments. A few classrooms were unchanged and kept for the Jedi-initiates to train.
    Alan was there to meet me and he guided me to the indoor playground where I saw the crest of Hospital squadron.
    I met Peter Sloan and he revealed the plans for a first responder team.

Alan guided me to my apartment where I met Mick and Jim Kerebuy. I sensed a familiarity and asked where they came from.
    Jim said that he was born on New Holstice but that his parents and Mick were born on Bor-Rhimmol.
    Mick was emotional when he told about his parents, dieing fighting a fire in a school. He and Jim got the same foster-parents and became doctors and pilots. Mick formed Hospital squadron on New Holstice to help with the protection of the planet and the big hospital.

I asked Mick about the crest and he was explaining that the H was made with two Kerebuy eagles when Leod Irwihan came in telling about a book showing those eagles in all their glory.

Leod asked us to follow him.
    He planted a seed and sang

This is the seed of the future.
    A flower will bloom
    A flower of the future
    Seeds will be spread
    Seeds of the future
    More flowers will bloom
    Sowing seeds carried on the wind
    White blooming flowers
    All forming a memory for the souls
    For the souls of the Jedi.

I was teary eyed and saw more tears.
    Mick was the first to say that we had a future here on Lingala.
    Ger added that we would make this kindergarten as a nice place to live as the Lingalan Jedi.
    Mick, Jim, Keren and Ger guided me to the cottage of Leod where I learned more about Moniron.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh wonderful stuff with meeting new friends and starting afresh with the Squadron etc. Lovely hopeful song.